In Progress [1.8.0.] Vassals randomly leaving kingdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0.
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
the wealth was average. those clips where just to show that clanleaders in fact leave you while they are in an army and that settlements are not part of the bartering process anymore.
i dont know the code as iam not a developer myself. i can only observe what happens in the game. if you would ask me, it looks like that the clans leaving your kingdom behave like mercenaries. as soon as faction strength runs low in war, the ai tries to force get more strength to balance things to normal again.

i had a rich 99 relation 8 settlements clan leaving me to a non settlement kingdom - problem solved. such clans shouldnt be able to leave you at all.
thanxs for the info, I planned to stream some tests to see if I can nail down the issue

This big problem must be solved immediately! It ruins the enjoyment of the game and makes it unplayable! The vassals betray their country like mercenaries, even though they have a settlement and a high relationship.

sadly, it appears that clan leaders also leave you even if they are in your army. it just happened to me =(
i convinced th clan leader to join me again and he joined me for 45k. he had 2 settlements and i got them back to.
it seems like you dont need to pay for the settlements he owns while bartering.
they also dont want to rejoin

they say "im happy with my liege, no relation or purse can change that"

Seems odd.. (I wonder if there is a cooldown period)

they also dont want to rejoin

they say "im happy with my liege, no relation or purse can change that"

Seems odd.. (I wonder if there is a cooldown period)
Yes, this is bad too. Once they join an AI faction they use the same system. The fact that a clan with no fief and no money and 100 relations with you can expect high payment or shoot you down when they joined weaker enemy (presumably for FREE and instantly) shows the lack of any legit behavior for the AI rulers. The AI rulers should be expending money and campaign time just like the player to obtain vassals but the whole concept of "The AI competes like the player" seems long gone now.

Yap, same issue here. After a while clans yust decide to leave the kingdom for no reason at all.
Finished taking about half of the map and clans yust started leaving.
Relation at or close to 100, wealth rich or very rich, biggest army on the field, winning all wars despite my dumb vassals declaring wars on the entire world...nope, not good enough. They still leave the kingdom.
This needs to be fixed or the entire end game is pointless.
It looks like now the only way to take the whole map is to yust do it solo with only your clan and execute the rest of the world.

thanxs for the info, I planned to stream some tests to see if I can nail down the issue
One thing you can test is to see if this happens if the kingdom has alot of wars going on at the same time. For me everything was fine until i got into alot of wars..(like only what's left of batania had peace with me).
It did not happen at the start of the game or when i had few wars.....
It's that or number of ingame days. My character was in its 40's when that started to happen but not early in the game.

One thing you can test is to see if this happens if the kingdom has alot of wars going on at the same time. For me everything was fine until i got into alot of wars..(like only what's left of batania had peace with me).
It did not happen at the start of the game or when i had few wars.....
It's that or number of ingame days. My character was in its 40's when that started to happen but not early in the game.
for the wars it is because when they are at war they bring their fiefs so it costs a lot less to recruit them. At peace it can be 2-4 times as much because they must leave them behind so you dont see it as often

This has happened to me and this makes me not want to even bother playing anymore tbh...I've had 2 runs ruined close to conquering all of calradia....very long playthroughs too. I instantly lose all motivation when I see my 100 relation, multiple fief owning vassal just defecting to a no land owning faction for no reason at all over and over again.

Yap, Bannerlord goes back to cooling after this. And it's a shame, i was about excited about1.8, sounded like awesome changes.

I've done some testing and I couldn't get anyone of my 4 vassals and 5 companion clans to leave me. I am very early into testing but the only major change for me was money. I did get word to a dev and they are working on it.

Can confirm this exact experience. 100 relations. Includes promoted clans. Usually (always?) during wars. Only one flipped clan would come back and within weeks they left again. Always take all fiefs. Doesn't matter how strong/rich/friendship.

Agree with others, end game is now broken until this is FIXED.

Did a new playthrough from the start with 1.8.0. and the bug really starts to kick in once your faction has taken about 40% of the map or so. Amidst a grueling war with the Southern Empire, Aserai, and Khuzaits, I managed to convince all of the vassals in the Southern Empire who owned towns to defect to my side (Vlandia). One siege with the Aserai later, I zoomed out the map to notice they all went straight back to Rhagaea again. Wasted about 4 million denars. 🥺

the wealth was average. those clips where just to show that clanleaders in fact leave you while they are in an army and that settlements are not part of the bartering process anymore.
i dont know the code as iam not a developer myself. i can only observe what happens in the game. if you would ask me, it looks like that the clans leaving your kingdom behave like mercenaries. as soon as faction strength runs low in war, the ai tries to force get more strength to balance things to normal again.

i had a rich 99 relation 8 settlements clan leaving me to a non settlement kingdom - problem solved. such clans shouldnt be able to leave you at all.
shouldnt be able to leave with all their holdings, maybe 1 fief max, but even then....
i remember in warband, keeping fiefs caused the ruler to declare war on you, it was abig nono

Question: has this happened to anyone who didn't have a LOT of the map under their control? I'm wondering if this is the AI's version of an anti- trust mechanic. An unintended (hopefully) means of increasing the difficulty to keep the player kingdom from snowballing..

Question: has this happened to anyone who didn't have a LOT of the map under their control? I'm wondering if this is the AI's version of an anti- trust mechanic. An unintended (hopefully) means of increasing the difficulty to keep the player kingdom from snowballing..

I've had it happend to me in a play where we imo didnt control "alot" of the map.
Sturgia faction.
We had all starting fiefs - Neveyans Castle Battania owned that(was lost to Vlandia, and then Battania got it).
We had taken Gersegos Castle + Lageta + Vernon Castle.
+ the 2 Khuzait Castles Dinar and and the last one I dont recall the name of, next to Baltakhand aswell.
Thats it.

We were at peace, and then Khuzait declares war upon us.
Boom Godun and his clan Vagiroving left the faction.

Besides owning Tyal + Uriksala castle, he also was the owner of Vernon Castle though + the 2 Khuzait Castles we had captured.

I can understand to some degree why he would leave kind of, as he would be getting the brunt of the Khuzait attack.

Imo this isnt controlling much of the land, and shouldnt be trigger any anti-snowball mechanics imo?

I think its more to do with proximity of hostiles and if they think they can be safer in the new faction?(speculation)

In another play Vlandia clan Dey Rothad lead by Berican, had taken Neveyansk castle, but other than that Vlandia didnt have anymore new land. So he had his starting + that castle.
When Battania declared war upon Vlandia - he defected

I've had it happend to me in a play where we imo didnt control "alot" of the map.
Sturgia faction.
We had all starting fiefs - Neveyans Castle Battania owned that(was lost to Vlandia, and then Battania got it).
We had taken Gersegos Castle + Lageta + Vernon Castle.
+ the 2 Khuzait Castles Dinar and and the last one I dont recall the name of, next to Baltakhand aswell.
Thats it.

We were at peace, and then Khuzait declares war upon us.
Boom Godun and his clan Vagiroving left the faction.

Besides owning Tyal + Uriksala castle, he also was the owner of Vernon Castle though + the 2 Khuzait Castles we had captured.

I can understand to some degree why he would leave kind of, as he would be getting the brunt of the Khuzait attack.

Imo this isnt controlling much of the land, and shouldnt be trigger any anti-snowball mechanics imo?

I think its more to do with proximity of hostiles and if they think they can be safer in the new faction?(speculation)

In another play Vlandia clan Dey Rothad lead by Berican, had taken Neveyansk castle, but other than that Vlandia didnt have anymore new land. So he had his starting + that castle.
When Battania declared war upon Vlandia - he defected
This can not be true, that I think they are safer in the new faction than in their old faction, because my Kingdom always re-capture the fiefs of defector clans in 2 in-game weeks.

Back
Top Bottom