1.8.0 kicking companions from clan

Users who are viewing this thread

peteyb

Recruit
Has kicking a companion from the clan changed at all with e1.8.0? I can’t seem to figure out how to do it. Any help is appreciated.

No one got back to this person? Really?!

Sigh...

I just found out about this today and I'm furious. Taleworlds, what the hell were you thinking!

This was a feature not long in the past before. Clan members could be kicked, and it made sense. It's not like you show what the new member can do stat wise before they join. So who's brilliant idea was it to remove the feature to kick clan members. Did you think it was realistic to ensure that people added can never be removed from a lord's service. Cause that's basically what's going on

You, usually in the game, become basically a well off fellow, with lots of money, and generally basically become a lord, or king. When in history has there ever been rulers or even regular people who don't remove people from their circles for various reasons

So taleworlds, can we please fix this. This is utter crap. There is literally no way to remove clan members at all currently which makes zero sense

And actually reply to people mods! The guys been waiting for literally 2 months!

And by the way, everything else in the game is operating fine. If this feature wasn't being problematic the game actually would finally be where it needs to be. But you actually had someone alter the programming to do this

Good job Taleworlds, you actually made sure gamers would have a reason to be mad at your game cause you kicked yourself on this one. Get some sleep or something cause to make that decision you weren't thinking straight

No one got back to this person? Really?!

Sigh...

I just found out about this today and I'm furious. Taleworlds, what the hell were you thinking!

This was a feature not long in the past before. Clan members could be kicked, and it made sense. It's not like you show what the new member can do stat wise before they join. So who's brilliant idea was it to remove the feature to kick clan members. Did you think it was realistic to ensure that people added can never be removed from a lord's service. Cause that's basically what's going on

You, usually in the game, become basically a well off fellow, with lots of money, and generally basically become a lord, or king. When in history has there ever been rulers or even regular people who don't remove people from their circles for various reasons

So taleworlds, can we please fix this. This is utter crap. There is literally no way to remove clan members at all currently which makes zero sense

And actually reply to people mods! The guys been waiting for literally 2 months!
You can kick out companions, it's just not as intuitive as it used to be. You have to be out on the campaign map (as in not inside of a fief), go to your party screen, and talk to the companion, then you get the option to kick them out. They get "lost" (functionally the same as dying) when they leave your clan.

As mentioned, you have to have a one to one conversation with companion to kick out.
So, part screen (where you organize your troops), pick companion, a small box shows in their screen, click it, and a new window comes up with discussion topics. Pick any of the available "I don't like you anymore" option.
They die when you do this btw.

So we went from being able to kick at any time, plus having a kick button on the clan screen, to you have to be on the road, then actually click to talk to them, then you can kick them

Plus they die

Taleworlds is brilliant (sarcasm)

So we went from being able to kick at any time, plus having a kick button on the clan screen, to you have to be on the road, then actually click to talk to them, then you can kick them

Plus they die

Taleworlds is brilliant (sarcasm)
🤷‍♂️
O thought the OP was about the broken "X was lost" when sending comps off - seems I was wrong :lol:
But yeah, that's just some effed up crap to add even more layers of illogical nuissance to us

sitting a former comp in Warband was an actual strategy so you could recruit them later. Pre-equipping them at times, and just leave them be until you had real need of the same while rejoining without having to pay ridiculous fees was very useful. Than again comps were meaningful and had all of these interesting interactions in Warband, BL got rid of everything and they are just "shoehorned" as essential due to feature bias, but are ultimately disconnected as characters

SO you can dispose of the trash to make room for more to spawn hopping for a lucky wanderer drop with a few skill. 💊🤡💊
I might went for just making them all better or some way to request certain types but.... oh well.
Of course the skills barely matter, you can use mod recruit anyone and see even the no skill tavern maid is a fine vassal.

SO you can dispose of the trash to make room for more to spawn hopping for a lucky wanderer drop with a few skill. 💊🤡💊
I might went for just making them all better or some way to request certain types but.... oh well.
Of course the skills barely matter, you can use mod recruit anyone and see even the no skill tavern maid is a fine vassal.
That's one thing I've thought for awhile and hoped they'll do. Allowing skills to be seen before adding them to your party. As that'd solve most issues

Not sure I know the mod you speak of

Just started using mods recently and had a bit of trouble especially since some only work with certain versions of the game

I try to keep as much as I can to the original game, as it is brilliantly made and I want to enjoy it as much in its original form as I can. The mods though that add to the experience, make it better, I do want those

I haven't run across too many yet that I know for sure on adding great stuff whilst also being compatible with the current version. Looks like you have to go back and forth on the version of the game your playing to make some things work

...I think anyway?

lol haven't used that one yet. - my new favorite combo now is Distinguished Service + RTS camera
I take control of a good troop type (IE: knights or other t6 godlings) and try to make 20+ frags -> if 25+ I'm flipping at the end of the battle a comp with 3 skills receiving bonus 200 skill pts + 3 skills on bonus 100 pts -> saves a lot of ludicrous grinding, and it's fun to do, plus you get full control of the attribute and focus distributions

The "it's time to retire" dialogue option should be the only one to make them lost, others should function normally and return them to taverns.

That's what I assumed at first but then I realized all of the options make them lost. :/

Back
Top Bottom