[1.8.0.]Is the AI more generous in granting fiefs or is it just me?

Users who are viewing this thread

N_Hl_.jpg

Just joined the Vlandians in the middle of the war against Garios. They gave me Garontor castle as a first fief early on which is normal. Then, they gave me Lageta as well, which is odd because I didn't even have the time to get a governor in my castle. 1 Week later, they gave me Jalmarys, despite the fact that it was my 2nd city and I had negative influence (because I keep losing the fiefs as I can't possibly defend or garrison them this early on).

Never happened to me before, what is even happening?

I have had this happen before 1.8.0. Usually, the AI likes to give a clan fiefs that are close to the other fiefs of the clan.

I ended up with four cities and four castles all in the same area in one game. My clan became more powerful than the ruling one.

In my experience, this pretty much depends on the first town you'd be a candidate for. If the ruler doesn't show up in election or not be greedy to grant it to himself, you end up getting it and pretty much all the settlements nearby as well. If he grants it to himself and you eventually get a castle nearby, good luck getting another fief around that area.

Sometimes Derthert is very generous and will just give me most of battania. A good idea if a faction isn't giving you any good stuff is to give up you first fief before the new election to take advantage of the "no fief" bonus. One you have a fief in a good location you can use the proximity bonus to help you get more near bye.

Haha I got Lageta from Derthert as well, after also getting Druimmor Castle, Garontor (which I did nothing to defend and quickly went back to the enemy), some other Battanian castle, and Veron Castle.

I like it! Makes it less of a grind to set up one's kingdom.

This has been going on since the beginning: if you get a Castle on the fringe of your faction’s territory, they will often give you most of the territory pushing in that direction.

It would have been sometime in 2020 that during a war with the Aserai while I had just joined the Southern Empire, they gave me Husn Falk and the two castles heading down to Razih. I got the castle just south of Danaustica first, and that put the other two fiefs in a position where I was the only clan with touching territory, so they gave them over to me.

So it’s really just map positioning that determines some of this generosity to their younger clans

I've gotten up to 7 towns in the past. I haven't done poorly in my current game, but its been a bit weird. I'm with the Southern Empire. I was first granted Jogurys Castle. Then in the next war I took Syratos Castle, thinking they would give that to me. Nope. Gave it to Vettranis. Then I took Amprela and they gave it to me (I'd rather have the town anyways). Next war I took Vetranis, thinking they'd give it to me...nope, to Vetranis. Then I took Argoron, which they gave to me. Then I took Atrion Castle, which they gave to Avlonos. Since I've been the only one with a holding next to any of these after Jogurys, I'm surprised I didn't get any of the castles, in fact, I never had more than a 0% and wasn't even on the list at times. The towns are what I want, so I'm not really disappointed, but I am baffled that I'm pretty much not even considered for every other holding when I'm the one next to them.

The next war I took Sibir & Varnovopal, which weren't next to anyone. Both of these were given to Avlonos, which is disappointing. I thought I'd at least end up with one of them. We have nothing next to either. Although if the AI could actually do anything we would have taken Vladiv Castle before I took either.

Back
Top Bottom