Need More Info 1.8.0 - game crashes on loading some lords/ladies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary:
How to Reproduce: new game.
Have you used cheats and if so which: nope

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVidia GForce GTX 1060 3GB
GPU Driver Version: 473.04
CPU: i5-3570k (4 cores)
RAM: 18GB

No mods. Game re-installed fully for 1.8.0.
On new game, first character creation windows everything looks fine.
Family selection looks fine (father and mother show up)
After that, in other windows (when selecting past actions) nothing shows up and in the final window the body is missing (head nad arms show up), then the game freezes.

Loading a save also eventually causes a freeze when trying to load some lord/lady. Some load normally.
Whatever you did it made the game unplayable to me. Worked fine before.

Last edited:
Game is currently bugged for Win7 and Win8 users, the workaround for now is to run Process Monitor in the background. ProcMon64 is the one you'll want. It needs to load a driver and may need to be run as admin if it fails to load. The default settings will eat your RAM but you can limit the log to 1 Million entries in Options -> History Depth.

Some users have said that the program refuses to run and have had to grab older versions to run. Microsoft doesn't seem to host a public archive themselves, but you can grab an archived copy on the Internet Archive. Running Windows Update can also help if the latest version doesn't work and is probably a good idea anyways.

Hi there! Are you still encountering this issue in the latest version, please let us know. Best regards!

Back
Top Bottom