Need More Info 1.8.0 Crash after the battle when your game character receives bunch of scouting xp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-07-23_18.38.13_2da5a81f60986844388d3068bet725a4

relent13

Recruit
Have you used cheats: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
How to Reproduce:
1. Attack any castle or town in Batannia (tested multiple times).
2. Your character will be attacked by enemy parties.
3. Win the battle.
4. Continue Siege (in this specific moment, your character receive a ton of scouting xp, game stuttering, and crash)
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX980
CPU: Intel i7-6700K
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS HERO VIII
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 512 GB XPG GAMMIX 11 PRO SSD

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer on this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.

A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer on this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.

A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.
Thank you for your reply and suggested fixes. On the other hand, prior to this Friday's hotfix, the same amount of scouting xp was received (one week earlier for example), the same stuttering for a while, but without the crash. That led me to a simple conclusion, something happened with my desktop, or, because of the timing (about 30 minutes after the hotfix update), something from your code triggered this behavior. Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom