Version number
e1.8.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Takazul

Regular
Summary: The troops you select to go into a hideout aren't the ones that go with you. E.g., I selected 4 melee / 5 crossbowman, 9 melee went in with me.
How to Reproduce: Use troop selector before a hideout.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: 2080
GPU Driver Version: Most recent.
CPU: I9-9970
RAM: 64gb.
Motherboard: Yes
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD.

I also encounter this, seems all your companion and will atuomaticly join the hideout fight and several highest tire solider will fill the remaining solts, no matter you choose who

I also encounter this, seems all your companion and will atuomaticly join the hideout fight and several highest tire solider will fill the remaining solts, no matter you choose who
It seems like it's going from top of the list in the party panel for me. The only companion that gets selected for me is the one right below my char in the panel.

I also see this. It may or may not be limited to the companions who are Captains. Not *every* companion went in with me (none were selected). But it seems if I select a troop from a formation and there is a companion captain, then that companion is selected as the first "troop".

Hey, do you have a save file that we can inspect the issue? Our team was unable to reproduce the issue. If you do, please send it to us via ticket. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I will look into making one, I have an ironman test now that isn't as good save (as ironman I can't tag a repeat-able save).

Steps, now with two save files:
Fresh Campaign start.
Recruit one or more companions as normal from tavern.
Have 20 troops to trigger the Troop Group Captain UI.
Fight an overland battle with Troop Group Captain UI now enabled.
Assign one or more, companions as Captains.
Fight another overland battle to verify that setting was "sticky".
Find a bandit hideout.
Select troops to go with you that are in the group with a Companion Captain.
Enter Hideout.
Turn about and mouse over the troops with you. The Companion Captain will be there!

Update Late June 27th GMT -4 timezone. Sent Bandit.sav in new ticket.

Last edited:
I've had this issue as well. Specifically, when I had Mimir for the 'lord wants tutor' quest. When i selected Mimir, eight troops, and myself for the hideout crew I instead got my standard companion, eight troops, and myself.

I've only got an Ironman at the moment too. If Hechicera's Bandit.sav doesn't work, let me know and I will create one as well. Thank you for the work on this.

Experienced this as well on 2 (modded) playthroughs.

Would like to add that this only starts happening further into the game. My first hideout missions were fine but now, more than 400 days into the game, this starts to happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom