In Progress 1.8.0 Aim / mouse movement accelerated making precise aiming very difficult

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
not needed
Summary:in 1.8.0 the Aim / mouse movement is accelerated and sensitivity aswell beyond stupid, making precise aiming very difficult , basicly it wasnt like this ever in mountnblade 2 its ****ed in 1.8.0 its unnaceptable aming is fudged .....

and after aquiring the perk Eagle Eye and zooming with any bow, it makes it even worse ,it WASNT LIKE THIS IN 1.7.2 or any other mnb2 version , it was fine untill 1.8.0

edit: aparently this affects any/all ranged weapons a player can use/equip.

How to Reproduce: play mnb2 1.8.0, zoom with any bow/thrown/crossbow you will see accelerated mouse movement due to increased sensitivity while aiming making actual fine aiming impossible, it wasnt like this in 1.7.2 basicly sensitivity was the same in all mnb2 versions since ever, not anymore it ****ed in 1.8.0

BASICLY in 1.8.0 aiming with any bow/thrown/crossbow is ****ed due to increased sensitivity while using the zoom on your bow/thrown/crossbow ( where you DONT WANT INCREASED SENSITIVITY FFS ) who thought this was a good ideea.
Have you used cheats and if so which:-
Scene Name (if related):-
Media (Screenshots & Video):-
Computer Specs:-
GPU:-
GPU Driver Version:-
CPU:-
RAM:-
Motherboard:-
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):-

Last edited:
i think what's going on is that when you zoom in, the game is still using the sensitivity level of when you're zoomed out, instead of scaling

I suspect this has to do with this part of the patch notes

"Increased the aiming sensitivity with a ranged weapon for the controller."

Probably leaked to M&KB side too. Bow feels pretty normal until you start to notch an arrow and actively aim with it. It happens in multiplayer too. The problem is extra apparent when zooming in on a target, but happens when you aim normally as well.
*This is in the live version of 1.8.0

It would be great if the devs could implement custom sensitivity settings for different zoom levels. Newer Call of Duty titles include this feature, and it means that you can set your DPS to a fairly low level for more zoomed in camera to make it easier to do precision aiming, without making it so you have to do three full-arm swipes of the mouse to turn your character around. As it is right now, zooming in makes it all but impossible to aim with a bow unless both you and the target are stationary. And for reference, I have my mouse DPS set to 1200, and my in-game multiplier set to .3, which is as low as I can go without compromising my character's movement and melee combat. Zoomed in with Eagle Eye, even that is too high to do precision aiming.

When can we expect a fix for this as this is a very critical problem to the overall ranged character experience. Not to mention this is persisting in multiplayer. I really hope you devs decide to just completely scrap this change as it was not really needed in the first place and has only really hurt the over all experience. I implore taleworlds to not leave this change in this state it is borderline unplayable and it was perfect prior to this change.

Just wanted to say I'm still having the same problem since 1.8.0 and curious if anyone anywhere has found something to fix it. I've already ran 2 or so campaigns melee only because of this but I just wanna use a ranged weapon again. Also I'm surprised I've seen so little complaints about this. Maybe it somehow only effect some people?

Just wanted to say I'm still having the same problem since 1.8.0 and curious if anyone anywhere has found something to fix it. I've already ran 2 or so campaigns melee only because of this but I just wanna use a ranged weapon again. Also I'm surprised I've seen so little complaints about this. Maybe it somehow only effect some people?
It affects everyone, don't worry. I assume people can't be bothered to write anything on the forums.

Back
Top Bottom