1.71 Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
I played 1.6.0 last time half a year ago or so. I see much improvements and I like them. (y)
These I found strange or annoying and can be improved:

The companions shift their location so quickly when I would reach their location they are in the opposite direction already. This is very annoying. Give them +1 day to the relocation trigger, please.

The preview of items in the items/trade menu is too dark.

There are too many noble recruits. It's easy to hire 40-50 nobles in peacetime. I think their number should be halved or reduced even more.
It's easy to maintain an abnormally high noble ratio in the army which makes battles trivial. The player already has a huge edge having highly skilled troops all the time.

It's still very strange bandits can be converted to nobles. They should be converted to common soldiers, and maybe on lower levels, too, when having that perk.
Looters should be upgraded to imperial archers as well. This one is no big deal but why not?
Btw looters, there could be an Aserai variant, and maybe a Khuzait one.

Smithing: I need to check the 'Show only unlocked pieces' every single time I make a new project. It's not user friendly and should work in reversed mode, starting as checked. Or save my setting permanently.

It's cool to have a smithing memory for the last 10 items. However, saving recipes would be far better. At least 6 save slots are required with the ability to name them but 10 would be the ideal. The names could appear in hovering texts so they don't take up space, or as a single text box.
What recipes would I save?
-My weapon on horseback
-My weapon on foot/siege
-One for developing smithing
-One for followers
-Two different types for selling
-Four weapons for orders worth 70-80k. They usually want the same stats so I use a text file to save the most important ones: 2h sword, 2h axe, polearm and a mace.

It would be useful if we could copy a weapon recipe from a weapon from the inventory menu. For example when I forget to save it in a text file and even vanilla ones. Yes, I need to use a text file to save recipes, but what about those who don't know we can copy-paste recipe codes? This should work on vanilla items as well.

Star falchion blades (Star Falchion Blade Head, Pointed Falchion Blade) are too good. Their incredible size fits even the anime style well, they should be reduced by about 20-30% to make them more in line with other blades, and more believable as weapons. The lack of thrust is not a hindrance but an advantage.
BL-extreme-star-falchion-size-this-1h-small.jpg

When smelting weapons, the game should unlock parts from the weapons we just destroyed. It should give random pieces only after we unlocked all of them. This would be good for two reasons:
-We would have some control about the pieces we get. Typically I have level 200 smithing but no 2h hammer pieces are unlocked even though 30% of the customers order 2h hammers.
-Culture. We would be able to get the related pieces to a certain culture more quickly. Buying and smelting these weapons would be costly, so it wouldn't be an exploit.
Another solution would be to prioritize the culture of the smith (or our hero) when we unlock parts, but the previous one makes more sense.

There should be cultural filters in the smithing menu to improve immersion. Universal parts should appear with any filters.

There should be a filter to 'Show 1h/2h handles only' / 'Show 2h handles only' when both types are available. Or at least an icon on the grips like in case of civilian weapons.

Crafting legendary weapons would be more enjoyable if it doesn't depend on chance but a time limit. For example we could craft one every 7 days. There could be some flashy graphical sign, like 7 burning torches in the forge when the possibility is available and a checkbox when we actually want to make one. Collecting a bunch of materials and crafting the same weapon one after the other in the hope of success is not very satisfying, it's just annoying grind. But choosing the materials and parts, clicking the checkbox, and finally the crafting button knowing we finally get the weapon we always wanted would be fulfilling for sure. You may add a little sound effect, too.
Skill levels after 275 could give extra weapon stat points, or could reduce the cooldown to 1 day.

The game still doesn't tell me who are the captains. I saw the menu to appoint leaders to my troops, but they are called commanders and not captains. There is no info page about captains. This is a base concept of the game, thus the player should know this from the game and not from the net.

I still needed to google how to start a caravan. No info page about caravans and I didn't find it in the obvious place, where I manage my clan.

We should be able to deduce the effectiveness of the workshops from the game. Oil press should be very profitable where there is oil production, etc. Maybe the game should give them some free raw materials so the caravans don't destroy their business, base income or whatever.

Spears are still ****ing slow and deal low damage. Spears were the most important weapons of the middle ages, so they should be implemented properly.

Skill list in the trade/items menu should be in order according to the character menu. It should start with 1h weapons, etc. This is the hovering list when I move the cursor above the helmet icon.
BL-skill-list-should-be-in-line-with-the-character-menu-small.jpg

We should be able to rename custom weapons from the items menu, too. Maybe even regular weapons and they would get a new entry in this case.

There should be black-haired Aserais and Khuzaits. Actually most of them should have black hair. Almost all of them have light brown hair currently, like everyone else, so they aren't a good representation of Arab, Turkish, Mongol and other steppe people. Even their brown hair should be of dark shade.

Some hair colors don't look good. Only the brown and the pale hairs look appropriate. The blond and red hairs have too obvious black hair lines, the shades of the base hair texture is too dark and visible.
There is no real, pure black hair in the game. Even the blackest hair is just very dark brown. And there should be at least 2 black variants because children will rarely inherit black hair even when both parents have it. You could replace the odd orange hair with a new black color. I mean the 6th one.

Children of lords don't resemble their parents. A good randomizer tool could help you quickly generate faces for relatives. And not only the faces but the hair, too. Sometimes children have afro hair when their parents don't have such a feature.
BL-afro-hair-doesnt-fit-small.jpg

Children should inherit the culture of the clan and not the culture of the mother. The player should be able to change the culture of his/her clan. This wouldn't change the culture of the hero or the companions! Such a change should change the culture of the little children as well, but not the adults. When naming newborns, the game would use the name list of the clan's culture.
When an NPC clan belongs to a kingdom with a different culture, say for 15 years, they might change their culture.
This method would work for men who bring wives from abroad and would work for female clan leaders.
The culture of the NPC clans could be a hidden parameter because knowing it isn't important for the game.

There are too many children, we don't need this many. There are far more newborns than deads, so the number of the clan members grow radically.
After more play, I think their number is okay as it is.

The Aserai lands are too secluded and wide in range, they have a harder and longer time to participate in wars. It takes ages to their parties to reach the frontline. I play as an Aserai now, so this is a my personal experience. Your Mediterranean Sea are too wide for this campaign, its eastern coast should be around the Vostrum-Razih line.
Their southern settlements (Iyakis and Askar) should be rather on the east or west or both. Askar could be moved with the whole river.
Furthermore, the city of Odokh of the Khuzaits should be moved a bit to the south-southwest to be closer to the Aserai. It's early access yet, you can.
The Aserai needs 10-20% movement BONUS on sand. It's not logical at all but they need it on this map to get to the frontline. You could delete the sand penalty for others so the difference remains the same.
Anyhow, they need something for gameplay reasons.
BL-aserai-position-edited.jpg

The Aserai don't have wood resource. The surroundings of Husn Fulq have many forests so there should be a village with wood resource. It would make Husn Fulq a smithing center like Damascus was.

The team unfortunately doesn’t know the difference between brass and bronze. It might be a language issue, I don't know.
Brass isn't tough enough to make proper armor from them. Hilts were sometimes made of brass even though less durable than steel.
Please, replace every Brass with Bronze in the name of armors.
Change the tint of bright yellow armors to brownish red or pale yellow. Use less specular effect on them.
If you need examples, I suggest to google the 'Neil Burridge sword' term. He makes bronze replicas. In other cases the material composition is not known. You shouldn't check the brand new ones, but his older swords which got some patina already.

Khuzait wanderers cannot ride. Is this serious? I know riding is the easiest skill to level, and athletics is the hardest, I judge the style here.
The She-wolf has athletics of 113 but no riding.
The Mad has 90 athletics of 90, no riding.
The Alone has athletics of 70, no riding.
Ironeye has no riding.
The Hawk can ride. Finally someone.
These are just the current types in my campaign.

Troops (my archers) shift their lines from 3 to 5-6 men deep, and it's almost impossible to set it back to 3 lines on the battlefield in a whole army. They should remember their formation and reform when the terrain makes it possible again. It's hard to tell if it always the terrain the reason of their formation change.

Sieges
I cannot tell my catapults to stop shooting. They shoot my own troops when they are at the walls or the gate.
I cannot tell the siege towers and the battering ram when to start advancing.
I cannot attach a companion with high throwing skill to the siege engines on the battlefield. So the throwing skill of engineer companions is wasted.

Do you plan to implement the feature when we can control a random soldier after our hero has fallen in the battle? This idea was so good I need to remind you.
The best feature in the game is still the fighting so any new feature which gives more opportunity is good. Like the castle assault after sieges, which was new for me.

Please, make it possible to turn off skill leveling reports on the screen (Ungabunga got +1 riding), like we can turn off experience reports.
There are so much reports after a while, it makes me ignore the all the reports. Thus I can miss important messages.

The loot means only money. We rarely can use the items we find so it's boring, and means only a few extra clicks. There are many games with good loot systems where the players can actually enjoy looting and Bannerlord could use some mechanics to improve it. Even if the total value of the loot is the same, the quality could be better for certain pieces. By quality I mean valuable pieces. After our hero got his equipment, we could still use items to arm our companions. There would be a longer period when we check the loot list with interest in a campaign.
We should be able to get some memorable loot sometimes. Maybe when we personally kill enemy lords on the battlefield. Or just anytime when defeating lords. Or both. It can be memorable when we get the tier 6 sword of an enemy lord, or his armor, or his helmet worth 90k. It should be rare, maybe once in every 50 battles, multiplied by the looting from roguery. It's a single player game, it doesn't matter if we get that high tier item on level 5.
The metallurgy perk from the engineer would suit better to a looting skill. Most of the roguery perks are irrelevant, so any could be replaced with looting perks.

Marrying is ridiculously easy. The king happily marries his daughter to a nobody who doens't even a vassal, thus not a lord. Marrying to a noble family should require some prestige, a clan rank requirement or having at least a castle which is even better in my opinion. Thus grind would be rewarded.

Our vote in decisions is meaningless. Whatever is the subject almost all lords support the same solution, so our vote doesn't matter at all regardless of the influence we burn. The only occasion when it might sometimes matter is the distribution of fiefs.
1-2 lords could vote after ours so we wouldn't be able to calculate the odds precisely.

There is no way to pay ransom for our heroes if we misclick the ransom offer window. It should be available somewere in the clan menu.

Lords start new armies too often. Nobody cares about enemy parties who raid our villages, and when I release someone from my army he immediately raises another useless small army. Small armies are too weak to conquer castles and too slow to fight individual enemy nobles.
There should be an invisible limit how many armies a kingdom has. It should depend on the number of the parties including mercenaries, and a starting kingdom shouldn't have more than 3 armies.

Last edited:
I prefer unlock all craft at start of game, it's too much grind already, and not very reasonable then very limited gameplay. Some you can't fill order even you had high skill smithing but because no part due locked, so you are unable to do anything with that to fill order due some weapon part or locked like throwing axe, I can't craft throwing axe due main part are all locked. Some people want to create weapon as personal art style right off the bat in start of game but they can't so they keep grind, grind, grind, not because money, as there many way to make money in game, high skill might very slow to get to 200 to 330, painful, but most of all, limited craft because almost all part to craft are locked after many hours 30 to 40 hours, that is not fun and not good design currently.

I prefer unlock all craft at start of game, it's too much grind already, and not very reasonable then very limited gameplay. Some you can't fill order even you had high skill smithing but because no part due locked, so you are unable to do anything with that to fill order due some weapon part or locked like throwing axe, I can't craft throwing axe due main part are all locked. Some people want to create weapon as personal art style right off the bat in start of game but they can't so they keep grind, grind, grind, not because money, as there many way to make money in game, high skill might very slow to get to 200 to 330, painful, but most of all, limited craft because almost all part to craft are locked after many hours 30 to 40 hours, that is not fun and not good design currently.
+1

It makes me feel bad to see posts with so much effort put in that will likely end up in nothing.

There's lots of pretty good feedback in here.

I just want to point out one that I feel isn't talked as much as many of the other ones, and it's the loot one. Loot sucks, and after a while you just transfer all and then sell all back, it's rarely ever worth it to take a look at the loot in detail. The metallurgy perk, which should fix this and yes, IMO it should be in roguery like you mention, seems to be broken. Strat Gaming made a guide on engineering skill, and he saw no difference with and without metallurgy (link to the timestamped video).

Seriously, first of all it shouldn't be an engineering perk, it shouldn't even be that high level either because grinding out both engineering or roguery already takes ages, and it doesn't even work properly.

Hey @Csatádi from what I read I pretty much agree, nice effort putting this things out, I really like how you go straight to the issues, you and many others are the kind of guys that provide the feedback that devs need to improve the game.

I would ask you to report the issues you found in the Technical Support section (I know you use to post there too, I've seen some of your posts), at least the ones you think are worth your time, this because I know for sure devs won't get the message(s) from posts like this.

This also goes to everyone reading this, the best way to improve the game is to report the issues you find in the support section, I believe.

Give them +1 day to the relocation trigger, please.

The preview of items in the items/trade menu is too dark.

There are too many noble recruits. It's easy to hire 40-50 nobles in peacetime. I think their number should be halved or reduced even more.
It's easy to maintain an abnormally high noble ratio in the army which makes battles trivial. The player already has a huge edge having highly skilled troops all the time.

Smithing: I need to check the 'Show only unlocked pieces' every single time I make a new project. It's not user friendly and should work in reversed mode, starting as checked. Or save my setting permanently.

It's cool to have a smithing memory for the last 10 items. However, saving recipes would be far better. At least 6 save slots are required with the ability to name them but 10 would be the ideal. The names could appear in hovering texts so they don't take up space, or as a single text box.
What recipes would I save?
-My weapon on horseback
-My weapon on foot/siege
-One for developing smithing
-One for followers
-Two different types for selling
-Four weapons for orders worth 70-80k. They usually want the same stats so I use a text file to save the most important ones: 2h sword, 2h axe, polearm and a mace.

It would be useful if we could copy a weapon recipe from a weapon from the inventory menu. For example when I forget to save it in a text file and even vanilla ones. Yes, I need to use a text file to save recipes, but what about those who don't know we can copy-paste recipe codes? This should work on vanilla items as well.

Star falchion blades (Star Falchion Blade Head, Pointed Falchion Blade) are too good. Their incredible size fits even the anime style well, they should be reduced by about 20-30% to make them more in line with other blades, and more believable as weapons. The lack of thrust is not a hindrance but an advantage.
BL-extreme-star-falchion-size-this-1h-small.jpg

When smelting weapons, the game should unlock parts from the weapons we just destroyed. It should give random pieces only after we unlocked all of them. This would be good for two reasons:
-We would have some control about the pieces we get. Typically I have level 200 smithing but no 2h hammer pieces are unlocked even though 30% of the customers order 2h hammers.
-Culture. We would be able to get the related pieces to a certain culture more quickly. Buying and smelting these weapons would be costly, so it wouldn't be an exploit.
Another solution would be to prioritize the culture of the smith (or our hero) when we unlock parts, but the previous one makes more sense.

There should be cultural filters in the smithing menu to improve immersion. Universal parts should appear with any filters.

There should be a filter to 'Show 1h/2h handles only' / 'Show 2h handles only' when both types are available. Or at least an icon on the grips like in case of civilian weapons.

Crafting legendary weapons would be more enjoyable if it doesn't depend on chance but a time limit. For example we could craft one every 7 days. There could be some flashy graphical sign, like 7 burning torches in the forge when the possibility is available and a checkbox when we actually want to make one. Collecting a bunch of materials and crafting the same weapon one after the other in the hope of success is not very satisfying, it's just annoying grind. But choosing the materials and parts, clicking the checkbox, and finally the crafting button knowing we finally get the weapon we always wanted would be fulfilling for sure. You may add a little sound effect, too.
Skill levels after 275 could give extra weapon stat points, or could reduce the cooldown to 1 day.

The game still doesn't tell me who are the captains. I saw the menu to appoint leaders to my troops, but they are called commanders and not captains. There is no info page about captains. This is a base concept of the game, thus the player should know this from the game and not from the net.

I still needed to google how to start a caravan. No info page about caravans and I didn't find it in the obvious place, where I manage my clan.

We should be able to deduce the effectiveness of the workshops from the game. Oil press should be very profitable where there is oil production, etc. Maybe the game should give them some free raw materials so the caravans don't destroy their business, base income or whatever.

Spears are still ****ing slow and deal low damage. Spears were the most important weapons of the middle ages, so they should be implemented properly.

Skill list in the trade/items menu should be in order according to the character menu. It should start with 1h weapons, etc. This is the hovering list when I move the cursor above the helmet icon.
BL-skill-list-should-be-in-line-with-the-character-menu-small.jpg

We should be able to rename custom weapons from the items menu, too. Maybe even regular weapons and they would get a new entry in this case.

There should be black-haired Aserais and Khuzaits. Actually most of them should have black hair. Almost all of them have light brown hair currently, like everyone else, so they aren't a good representation of Arab, Turkish, Mongol and other steppe people. Even their brown hair should be of dark shade.

Some hair colors don't look good. Only the brown and the pale hairs look appropriate. The blond and red hairs have too obvious black hair lines, the shades of the base hair texture is too dark and visible.
There is no real, pure black hair in the game. Even the blackest hair is just very dark brown. And there should be at least 2 black variants because children will rarely inherit black hair even when both parents have it.

Children of lords don't resemble their parents. A good randomizer tool could help you quickly generate faces for relatives. And not only the faces but the hair, too. Sometimes children have afro hair when their parents don't have such a feature.
BL-afro-hair-doesnt-fit-small.jpg

Children should inherit the culture of the clan and not the culture of the mother. The player should be able to change the culture of his/her clan. This wouldn't change the culture of the hero or the companions! Such a change should change the culture of the little children as well, but not the adults. When naming newborns, the game would use the name list of the clan's culture.
When an NPC clan belongs to a kingdom with a different culture, say for 15 years, they might change their culture.
This method would work for men who bring wives from abroad and would work for female clan leaders.
The culture of the NPC clans could be a hidden parameter because knowing it isn't important for the game.

There are too many children, we don't need this many. There are far more newborns than deads, so the number of the clan members grow radically.
After more play, I think their number is okay as it is.
Agree with all of this! Good post.
The Aserai lands are too secluded and wide in range, they have a harder and longer time to participate in wars. It takes ages to their parties to reach the frontline. I play as an Aserai now, so this is a my personal experience. Your Mediterranean Sea are too wide for this campaign, its eastern coast should be around the Vostrum-Razih line.
Their southern settlements (Iyakis and Askar) should be rather on the east or west or both. Askar could be moved with the whole river.
Furthermore, the city of Odokh of the Khuzaits should be moved a bit to the south-southwest to be closer to the Aserai. It's early access yet, you can.
The Aserai needs 10-20% movement BONUS on sand. It's not logical at all but they need it on this map to get to the frontline. You could delete the sand penalty for others so the difference remains the same.
Anyhow, they need something for gameplay reasons.
BL-aserai-position-edited.jpg
The long length of Aserai lands is both a downside and an upside.

Why? Because while some other factions have to fight on six fronts, Aserai only has to fight on (at most) three. The heartland of their territory is totally safe from attack, or enemies recruiting there, which allows them to safely make L O D E S A M O N E and raise many many armies. No other faction has quite the same level of safety. Plus, they have heaps of cities.

I think the Aserai are actually quite well balanced.
Our vote in decisions is meaningless. Whatever is the subject almost all lords support the same solution, so our vote doesn't matter at all regardless of the influence we burn. The only occasion when it might sometimes matter is the distribution of fiefs.
Especially agree with this. Perhaps lords should be inclined to vote against something which a clan they don't like proposed; they should also vote on policies based on their personality traits, for example, Greedy lords should be highly likely to vote against policies that reduce their tax income in any way, unless they really really like the person making the vote.

Maybe they read it, maybe not, maybe they agree with some points, maybe not, I did what I can, the rest is on their team.

I would ask you to report the issues you found in the Technical Support section (I know you use to post there too, I've seen some of your posts), at least the ones you think are worth your time, this because I know for sure devs won't get the message(s) from posts like this.
Almost all of these aren't technical issues.
The long length of Aserai lands is both a downside and an upside.

Why? Because while some other factions have to fight on six fronts, Aserai only has to fight on (at most) three. The heartland of their territory is totally safe from attack, or enemies recruiting there, which allows them to safely make L O D E S A M O N E and raise many many armies. No other faction has quite the same level of safety. Plus, they have heaps of cities.
I think they don't need this level of safety. This whole issue matters only when the player is the vassal of the Aserai. It is more interesting when the enemy attacks our cities. In my campaing the enemy never ever laid siege any of our settlements in the core Aserai lands. Okay, it was a long campaing, they might have did once but nothing remarkable or dangerous events happened. I mean they never conquered even a castle.
We conquered Garontor and Thractorae Castle on the West again and again, they served well as punch bags. And I was active on the East so no chance for them there.
What I felt was the need to wait until the parties at a distance of 2-4 days arrive.

I think they don't need this level of safety. This whole issue matters only when the player is the vassal of the Aserai. It is more interesting when the enemy attacks our cities. In my campaing the enemy never ever laid siege any of our settlements in the core Aserai lands. Okay, it was a long campaing, they might have did once but nothing remarkable or dangerous events happened. I mean they never conquered even a castle.
We conquered Garontor and Thractorae Castle on the West again and again, they served well as punch bags. And I was active on the East so no chance for them there.
What I felt was the need to wait until the parties at a distance of 2-4 days arrive.
Then perhaps this is the reason why Aserai's culture bonuses are trade-focused. The peaceful faction option for the player who doesn't want the war merry-go-round every other faction has, and just wants to trade more.

Then perhaps this is the reason why Aserai's culture bonuses are trade-focused. The peaceful faction option for the player who doesn't want the war merry-go-round every other faction has, and just wants to trade more.
If you want a trader campaign, you shouldn't be a vassal. Just because you are a trader the Aserai will engage in wars. And guess what happens to your caravans then. :wink:

The companions shift their location so quickly when I would reach their location they are in the opposite direction already. This is very annoying. Give them +1 day to the relocation trigger, please.
Agreed here. I'd say up to 4 days, right now the Companions and Lords run around different towns like manics with a drinking issue.

I disagree here, partly two reasons. First (and mainly) is that the noble recruitment was really bad for such a long time now that's it is better I do not want it going back. The other reason is that it needs to be done since the best troops are soft-locked, if we had the ability to promote regular troops into noble troops from the higher tiers it would be fine.

That said, there has been talk about redesigns to only allow nobles to be recruited from castles, and that would be dependent on power ranking and propserity. So there could potentially be a ton, but only if you are running around defending your territory.

The continue to counter myself I'd only like that change if we had more detailed telemetry into how those stats are influenced and what "levers" we can pull to influence it.

It's still very strange bandits can be converted to nobles. They should be converted to common soldiers, and maybe on lower levels, too, when having that perk.
Looters should be upgraded to imperial archers as well. This one is no big deal but why not?
Btw looters, there could be an Aserai variant, and maybe a Khuzait one.
I never got that perk, but I think it's too late, as so many are used to using it - major nerfs would get everyone upset.

On the topic of bandits, I'd like to see some more diversity of them for bandit playthroughs and also have Imperial ones, since you cannot cheese Cataphracts using the Bandit promotions. I think Desert + Steppe bandits align to Aserai and Khuzait, no? Or do you mean the footmen only bandits? Wouldn't fit their culture TBF.

Smithing: <snip>
Snipped this one since there were a few different topics.

Should be very easy UX change to default to "show only unlocked" smithing pieces. Agreed there

As far as smithing memory, could slow the game down, if they had to persist a cache on every single save or they will end up reading from a TXT or JSON file - I could see that pissing people off if it led to performance slow downs. That said, I am very much in agreement to have more in-depth saving and preferably filtering/sorting on the recipe book

Copying a weapon in inv to a recipe would be cool, or at least tell you if you have the parts for it somehow, not sure how'd the UX work on it but there are some cool weapons I'd like to recreate that would have (in theory) better stats.

Smithing is getting there, still missing armor though.
100% this. Smelting and getting the parts for various weapons is a pain in the ass. I have a feeling they made Javelin and 2H Hammer parts harder the get as that was a source of so many "get so much money quick!" videos on YouTube.

I would even like a vendor to just buy the schematics, so at end game when I have more money that I know what to do with I can just buy the research pieces.

That would be interesting, but likely need another pass on the XML files to add that property.

Crafting legendary weapons...<snip>
I hate that the higher-end chances are 1) gated behind perks 2) still a low chance. The Legendary weapon crafting subsystem just needs a full on redesign anyway, as right now all it does is maybe update some stats but it's not clear if there is a maximum or if it does anything.

Some ideas are to take the perks away and just have a percentage added per smithing level, like 0.2% per level and then maybe 1% after 300. So at 310 that gives you a 70% chance of creating a Legendary.

And with Legendary smithing, it should either require some sort of special ingredient, schematic, or have another interface that allows you to buff certain parts of the weapon. For instance, different types of alloys or specialized steels could be created to lower the weight / increase damage of parts. Or just have Legendary versions of smithing parts unlock....now I'm just barfing suggestions
I asked for something like that in the suggestions a few months back, more economic information.

How you describe is how it's supposed to work in practice

I would go back and quote-comment everything but it'll take a while. I really appreciate the time you put into this, lot's of great suggestions / insights here. I don't agree 100% with everything but that's what opinions are for :smile:

Arabs are a steppe people? Also that is your ignorance talking, since many Turkic peoples primarily the Kipchak / North of the Caspian Turks are or were known to be fair-haired. That said, it depends on the geography of the people in question and since Khuzaits try to be all (ane thus none) of them, some variety is welcomed; Not that TW will actually consider this though. Or that it really matters.

On the topic of bandits, I'd like to see some more diversity of them for bandit playthroughs and also have Imperial ones, since you cannot cheese Cataphracts using the Bandit promotions. I think Desert + Steppe bandits align to Aserai and Khuzait, no? Or do you mean the footmen only bandits? Wouldn't fit their culture TBF.
I mean the looters, the very basic, stone-throwing looters.
They could be upgraded to Aserai and Khuzait tier 2 units similarly as the current looters can be upgraded to the tier 2 Imperial Infantrymen.
As far as smithing memory, could slow the game down, if they had to persist a cache on every single save or they will end up reading from a TXT or JSON file - I could see that pissing people off if it led to performance slow downs. That said, I am very much in agreement to have more in-depth saving and preferably filtering/sorting on the recipe book
The game can already save our last 10 projects. No issue here. I think there were even mods to do this, but they might be out of date.
That would be interesting, but likely need another pass on the XML files to add that property.
All weapon parts have cultural entries.

<CraftingPiece id="empire_blade_3"
name="{=kuROzU1J}Simple Warsword Blade"
tier="1"
piece_type="Blade"
mesh="empire_blade_3"
culture="Culture.empire"
length="91.3"
weight="0.93"
is_default="true">
<BuildData previous_piece_offset="-0.4" />
<BladeData stack_amount="3"
physics_material="metal_weapon"
body_name="bo_sword_one_handed"
holster_mesh="empire_blade_3_scabbard_3">
<Thrust damage_type="Pierce"
damage_factor="2.4" />
<Swing damage_type="Cut"
damage_factor="2.8" />
</BladeData>
<Flags>
<Flag name="Civilian"
type="ItemFlags" />
</Flags>
<Materials>
<Material id="Iron2"
count="3" />
</Materials>

This also goes to everyone reading this, the best way to improve the game is to report the issues you find in the support section, I believe.
Thanks, I posted everything in the suggestion topics, divided by subject. The structure of these forums is quite ambiguos.

To me the isolation Aserai have is clearly a boon. In all my campaign since 1.7 they've been the dominant faction (and major pain in the a$$ for me).
They're very passive early on, building a very strong economy (since their cities are never attacked) and by day 1000 they can usual boast a 11-12k strength ranking. And then they go on the offensive, stomping the western empire (that has been fighting for survival from day one).

In my last campaign I created my kingdom in vlandia. Couldn't be mercifull for each fief, so some got a prosp hit. On top of that some got taken one or two time already (sargot, charas) their props was really poor (2.5kish by day 900).
On comparison the lowest aserai town was in the 4.5k (that'd be a rich city for my kingdom) and the richest 9.2k (sanala).

Now they've started waging war on my kingdom every two years or so, a war last a year and then we take a break. I really dread this moment cause I know they'll be coming down on us with crack troops in the thousands. Usually stop playing for a while when that happens.

Also I'm very disapointed with the Khuzaits and S.Empire : they seem to be very friendly to the Aserai in all my playthroughs.

I reworked the look of the Aserai faction and a few Khuzait clans, here you are the file if anyone is interested, so you can use these faces.
It's a txt file because the forum would probably skip tabs and extra spaces.
If you are a modder, just use them if you want, no credit is required.

This is the file you need to edit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\lords.xml

How about earning unlock points per smithing action, then we can pick which parts we want.

This can be implemented along side the current learning mechanics I think

I felt that the setting/world is holding back what banner lord wants to be

First- the Kingdoms feels like Dukedom at best, while the empire feels like a kingdom
Yes the entire map feels like a Kingdom having a war for succession

it not really the size but rather the way they function, I mean there is little to no difference from leading a huge independent clan to becoming a monarch
Yes you'll have a direct line with your vassals, but you can already deal with the nobility as the Clan leader

Second- the caravans, bandits and newborns feel like they can fill up another map or two by mid to late game

after owning the entire map its game over.. but what if after a level of stability(with or without taking the whole map) you can start an expedition to the eastern steps to meet the golden hoard, to the southern desert to meet the Caliphate or maybe the islands up north or far west?

Ladders of nobility
as we all know troops have a tier upgrade tree we can see that they are progressing and exactly how high or low they are

the nobles could use a same method to give weight to their nobility, I am aware that the clan tier is there and I think this should be separate for example earning or losing a rank in nobility should involve the ruler

This would be nice of our character as well as the ways to become a noble opens up rather than just being a pretender, we can earn it via service, money, seduction or friendship and we can have to pick which ladder to climb

kingdoms should have their own nobility system, this way the difference between kingdoms will be more pronounced rather than just troop types

Another twist would be the interactions between vassals and lords, Khans, Kings, Highlords and Sultans should have different protocols

Back
Top Bottom