Knight at Arms
We went over this before twice so please listen. Removing one elite notable from each castle village, still leaves at least one elite notable per castle village.Convoluted recruitment tactics. all a change in recruitment will manage to accomplish is 1) potentially switch recruitment methods back to the annoying old ways
It is not going to make getting the lv100 leadership perk to train up bandits or slowly recruiting prisoners the fastest way of getting elite troops. They will just be supplementary, optional ways of getting more elites. The fastest way will still be village recruitment, popping into a castle village and picking them up instantly without having to wait. You can stop worrying about that.
Most elites are not so immune to attrition. Most T6 elites are just a bit better than T5 units.As I say, there is no other goal as worthwhile as creating an elite force.
To put things into perspective, in my current campaign I can see that I had 113 Fians by day 82. By day 120 I still had 111 left.
2) hurt those poor buggers that dont go super ranged heavy.
Armour being fixed, something Taleworlds is working on at present, will make Fians and KG of similar viability to other T6 elites.
And the current excess of elite troops barely makes any difference to "those poor buggers that dont go super ranged heavy", it is still incredibly underpowered regardless and will be until armour is fixed.
Currently 30% of available recruits are elites and 70% are normals.What rate of recruitment do you think would be low enough to say "nahh, its not worth it"?
Turning one elite notable into a normal notable would make ~15% of available recruits elites, and ~85% normals.
1) Make elite troops feel more special, as they are more rare.As things stand, an elite force is the way to go and all a change in recruitment will manage to accomplish is:
2) Improve immersion.
3) Make the perk to upgrade bandits to elite recruits comparatively more useful as a supplementary way of getting elite recruits.
4) Make the Vlandian Vanguard and Khuzait Heavy Horse Archer more viable compared to the Banner Knight and Khan's Guard, as the BKs and KGs require more recruitment time, which in addition to the existing higher wage cost and TW's upcoming changes to armor, will completely remove the issue of BKs and KGs making normal troops useless.
5) Increase the variety in the game. Instead of 30% of your army being the same troop with the same linear upgrade path, instead it will be 15%.
6) Reduce the issue of the player being at a disadvantage from not stacking elite recruits. Combined with changes to armor, will completely remove the issue.
So there are lots of good reasons to reduce the amount of elite recruit notables, and no real good reasons not to do it.