when is the next update?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

This month, save game compatibility, next month I do not know... start game compatibility?

"Throughout early access we have sought to retain start game compatibility. This patch is dedicated to cleaning up the related code parts - without jeopardizing your start games."

:roll:

This month, save game compatibility, next month I do not know... start game compatibility?

"Throughout early access we have sought to retain start game compatibility. This patch is dedicated to cleaning up the related code parts - without jeopardizing your start games."

HAH!!! True! That or an update with another fourteen "we fixed the desert horse front right hoof" so called "fixes."

Sorry bro, the funds to hire additional scene makers are being used to port the game on console, no more content for PC until console port is done. If I were Sultan Erdogan, I'll tell these dimwits to halt all development related to console port and use all saved money to hire additional scene makers and gameplay programmers.

... the funds to hire additional scene makers are being used to port the game on console, no more content for PC until console port is done. ... use all saved money to hire additional scene makers and gameplay programmers.
They technically should be flush with cash, they literally made hundreds of millions off of Bannerlord. It has sold over 7 million copies so far, a million of them in the first hour of it's early access release alone.

the funds to hire additional scene makers are being used to port the game on console
Do you have a source for this or just a theory? Something is obviously slowing them down grinding them to a near halt, and a lot of theories/finger pointing exist for why, console port, multiplayer (from the single player fan-crowd), single-player (from the multiplayer fan-crowd), the other game they announced, etc, etc.

In reality I think it is well, all the above, utterly kneecapped by <insert small inconsequential feature/workload> for a dev to work on, he finishes it in a day, a week passes before it's reviewed, it's rejected, he starts over, rinse and repeat studio wide.

One or two developers have essentially said they could make real progress in a very short period of time but they are simply not allowed, instead development is mired in a bureaucratic nightmare ran by an auteur and allegedly nepotism.

If I were Sultan Erdogan, I'll tell these dimwits to halt all development related to console port...
I think there is solid core of developers and it is definitely an upper management problem. Also reportedly a reliance on interns at the bottom of the development cycle. Supposedly Taleworlds in many ways is like a teaching studio in the somewhat tech challenged country of Turkey and the tech schools therein funnel students to the studio for a credit.

So there is a high turn over rate, where unskilled, inexperienced developers learn how to develop and by the time they get some skill and a bit of experience and become familiar with the tools and project they get their credit and they are replaced and the process starts all over again.

Last edited:
The console ports are outsourced, so that's just poor speculation. The scene makers are doing fine.
The trouble area is gameplay programmers, they either don't have many or they are inexperienced or both.

Jokes aside... there's at least one hotfix for 1.7.1 to go before any thought of a version iteration.

The scene makers are doing fine.
I have not played since 1.5.9, do we know the current percentage of scene work that is complete? That is in regards to their goal to have every village/town/castle have a unique map.
Jokes aside... there's at least one hotfix for 1.7.1 to go before any thought of a version iteration.
I have not tested this version myself but I have heard that lords are now going broke rather fast and a few other outstanding issues so yea probably.

Last edited:
I wish I knew what 1.7.2 might even be so I could get excited. What's even left equip able banners? More terrain scenes?
I can think of 100+ revisions and balances needed, but who knows when we get those or if they even will do 1/2 of them.

Feel free to re-add in castle building, village upgrading (new villages?) and criminal syndicates though, there's seriously no acceptable reason to not do it.

I have not tested it myself but I have heard that lords are now going broke rather fast and a few other outstanding issues so yea probably.

The last hotfix introduced an error with the player's ability to add cohesion to an army in a siege. I expect that will be fixed before we iterate, as it was an error introduced in a hotfix, and it seems without adequate testing, so someone has a red face at the moment. It's really making my early kingdom expansion go slow... having to fight eeeeevery siege battle rather than starving them down to 10 militia.

To speculate on what might come... I imagine more regionalised maps - they have quite a few to make yet.

I'd like....
  • to be able to flag one of my parties to defend my fiefs and not be available to armies.
  • to be able to upgrade my caravans to survive better in the late game.
  • to have a 4th upgrade tier to my city buildings so I can upgrade them further.
  • to be able to make specific attack orders on the battlefield.
  • looter and bandit frequency and size to be untied from player level and tied to fief security level.
But I'm not sure what on my wish list will make it anywhere anytime soon.

Do you think Tw's does these 'errors' on purpose, so that they can be fixed in the next 'major' patch, just to avoid the hype?
No. One intern comes in, f***s it up, he learns, he fixes it, he's cycled out with another. The sequel to our favorite game is functionally a school project for bored Turkish teens. I mean, Talewords has been expanding its personnel throughout the development of Bannerlord, but they've had to contend with the fact that the supply of developers they have on hand is probably not great and having to fly in people from another country costs way more money than normal (especially in these times). Perhaps, in the future, through this method there shall be plenty of local developers they can call on to do stuff for them, in the meantime the game pays the price.

No, they´re just bad in testing their stuff.
True
No. One intern comes in, f***s it up, he learns, he fixes it, he's cycled out with another. The sequel to our favorite game is functionally a school project for bored Turkish teens. I mean, Talewords has been expanding its personnel throughout the development of Bannerlord, but they've had to contend with the fact that the supply of developers they have on hand is probably not great and having to fly in people from another country costs way more money than normal (especially in these times). Perhaps, in the future, through this method there shall be plenty of local developers they can call on to do stuff for them, in the meantime the game pays the price.
Lol sounds like it.

I'm disappointed that 1.7.1 didn't contain gameplay content too, but I think that saving system was probably pretty important to do for compatibility if they want to make big changes going ahead.
I have not played since 1.5.9, do we know the current percentage of scene work that is complete? That is in regards to their goal to have every village/town/castle have a unique map.
They have finished 72 field battle scenes out of about 148 map regions.

For cities, roughly 45 out of 52 unique scenes are done. The main missing ones are Battanian and Sturgian.

This is a very rough guess but I think 24 out of 64 castles are done - a few unique ones per faction. A lot of work to do.

I don't know what the goal is with unique villages. Heck, I would personally not mind if they never finished making villages unique. There's a massive amount of villages and players barely ever visit them in person, and they are so aesthetically similar that even if most of them were clones it wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Mne7G.jpg

Wish the active Devs would use their custom built forum, instead of bloody discord where information is a pain to find

Back
Top Bottom