Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Dump identifier (optional)
-
Summary: Playing multiplayer siege/tdm/battle/skirmish stutter every 5-10 seconds for a short period of time. This occurs mainly on siege/tdm where there's a lot of players. By stutter, I mean you can visibly see that you had like 5FPS/sec and come back to normal. It feels pretty consistent, as if some service running on a loop making a check/update/occupying the thread. Intensifies as there are more players. This wasn't the case on 1.7.1. Chatting with people in the servers it's clear that the performance/stuttering has gotten a lot worse for most people. I play on the lowest graphics and sustain 100FPS+ so it's not a performance issue for me, but clearly feels like I need a 4090 and a ryzen 3990 threadripper at this point to power through :smile: Yes, I am nitpicking here, but I like to play this game competitively so these minor occurrences are like an elephant in the room for me.

How to Reproduce: Join a siege server with 120 players. Perhaps also throw as many Khuzait stones as you can to increase the projectile amount on the map.
Scene Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video): -
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
GPU Driver Version: 471.95 512.95
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz 16GB (will be adding another 16GB soon so will update if anything changes)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II ATX MOTHERBOARD
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 512GB Samsung SSD

Last edited:
Updated drivers from 471.41 -> 512.95. Still have stuttering problems.

I would run the perf_test but it appears it's still 1.7.1

Last edited:
The stuttering is caused (to others already respawned) when players respawn. It takes up a huge load on the computer for some reason. I have tested this on a multiplayer server switching teams 200 times and it was completely utterly unplayable for others (I also watched this on another PC).

Looking at the changelogs you changed how the respawning system works in singleplayer (used to respawn a bunch, now 1 at a time) but broke it in multiplayer by requiring more resources than before.

Please investigate.

Last edited:
We will be updating our telemetry branch this week. So that we can gather the data regarding the issues. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for reporting. I will leave a reply here when its updated.

We updated the branch. You can now download and record the gameplay.
We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. With that data, we can see exactly where and when the game's performance issues happened.
  • Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can also use the "perf_test_beta" for the most current beta build-related issues. You can find more info about it here.
  • Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  • Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  • Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  • Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside the games installation folder.
  • Finally, you can send the file to us via the ticketing system. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.
  • It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording, and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

Taleworlds is trash about these fixes. I didnt even seen that many bug in other games. they say we fixed we done it but nothing happens in updates. It freezes for seconds and that makes me nervous because THIS IS NOT MY FAULT. (that bug made me wish not to buy this game its unplayable.)

It's frankly disgusting that you haven't managed or cared to fix this game breaking issue yet. It understandable that there have been a few bumps along the way but the lack of action on this major issue has really changed my perspective on Taleworlds as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom