Resolved [1.7.2] Joining kingdom creates infinite loading screen and makes you mercenary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Joining kingdom creates infinite loading screen and makes you a mercenary, not vassal.
How to Reproduce: As a merc or non-aligned, when asking to join kingdom, game goes into unlimited loading screen. When force exit and load back in, you are a merc despite having the dialogue choice of a vassal. Leaving kingdom options does not count you as vassal and treats you as a merc but gives you the warning of betraying the kingdom as a vassal.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Do you have a save file before joining the kingdom so that we can try to reproduce it on our end?
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I would like to add that I am experiencing the same behavior as well.

These are my stats:

Summary: Joining a Kingdom (Battania) causes the game to be stuck on loading screen after accepting Troops and Sword from Caladog. Also, Caladog never leaves Rhamteil Castle and Battania never enters a war or being declared upon
How to Reproduce: Unknown
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia 3080 TI
GPU Driver Version: 511.79
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: X570
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Sadly, I don't have a save game anymore. I deleted all of them and started a new game in anger.

Hi, I do also have the exact same issue, joining a vassal goes into infinite loading on Battania.
Summary: Joining a Kingdom (Battania) causes the game to be stuck on loading screen after accepting Troops and Sword.
Scene Name (if related):
Computer Specs:
GPU: EVGA 2060 Super
GPU Driver Version: 512.15
CPU: Intel i7 6700K
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: 270 Killer - SLI

Trying to get the save file but we can't attach the saves, we have to upload it somewhere and link it?

Hi, I do also have the exact same issue, joining a vassal goes into infinite loading on Battania.
Summary: Joining a Kingdom (Battania) causes the game to be stuck on loading screen after accepting Troops and Sword.
Scene Name (if related):
Computer Specs:
GPU: EVGA 2060 Super
GPU Driver Version: 512.15
CPU: Intel i7 6700K
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: 270 Killer - SLI

Trying to get the save file but we can't attach the saves, we have to upload it somewhere and link it?
Here is the file!

The lord to speak to is right in the castle next to where I am at. Tried accepting troops and sword, not accepting both, accepting one or there other, tried playing the game out and coming back several days after. Doesn't change the outcome!

Last edited:
Got the file. Thank you!
What I've noticed after trying a few things is that when you simply talk to the person, the game goes into loading after the speach and doesn't come out.

When I went inside the castle, walked to the lord, accepted the vassal from there, the game doesn't go into loading until you leave the scene. That loading doesn't bug and the vassal was completed.

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I still have this infinite loading screen in sandbox beta 1.7.2 after joining Battania, after accepting the troops and the weapon. Doing it by going to Rhemtoil Castle and requesting a meeting with Caladog. Caladog left the castle and I've talked to him in the open, which didn't end up in infinite loading screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom