Resolved 1.7.2 Crashes Post Last Weeks Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
I've been experiencing a consistent crash on either loading of the game or a save after last week's hotfix. I usually get a dx11 error if my drivers need updated but this is different.

After trying reinstalling drivers and my Image Sharpening was already disabled in Nvidia control panel, the error occurs "Direct3D 11 device has been removed or reset" restart doesn't fix the issue. I've rolled back to 1.7.1 for now and it is loading properly without any issues.

The only mods that I used were just in the modules folder and I didn't need to change anything else to get them to work and required no extra steps to Uninstall as far as I know. I also made sure they were all deactivated when loading 1.7.2

Edit:
This save I was trying to load was previously loaded and played on 1.7.2 before the hotfix.

Last edited:
Let's try a clean install. Mods might be corrupted the files.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II BannerlordNote: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Re-installing seems to have fixed the issue. I'll be more attentive next time I use mods before an update. This previous time was my first time using them so now I'll know, thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom