1.7.1 beta completely broken

Users who are viewing this thread

I have returned to playing the game after a absence and wanted to continue using 1.7.1 with the mods i had previously prepared for this game version. the game ran completely fine with all my mods installed and my own changes. but for some STUPID reason, taleworlds decided to force me to patch even though i am on 1.7.1 and last i played this was even then an old version. whatever they did completely broke this beta branch that i cant even play with no mods installed and a fresh install.

So firstly, a message for taleworlds... ARE you braindead? why would you force patch all previous versions of the game with a patch made for some new feature you released that wasnt even included in older versions of the game? of course you broke it.

and finally a question, does anybody know how i can get 1.7.1 to run again or is it just dead? i have already tried deleting language_data.xml files but it hasnt worked and im still unable to play this version.

Well...let me first be toxic and unhepful before others have the chance to: tHaTs WhY Tw UpDaTeD tHeiR GaEm

With that out of the way. In the beta branches on steam, can you go even further than 1.7.1? It might be they removed previous broken versions.

As a v1.0.1 user myself, i feel pretty much like you do, but is there a way you could update all those mods to their 1.8 or 1.0.x version to keep playing it? Im away from pc now, so i cant be sure about it, and i know for a fact TW did some shadow updates on v.1.0.2 that broke one or other mod, so that's a thing now... would love further feedback on falling behind older versions. However, if there is no 1.7.0 beta branch. It is unlikely they kept the 1.7 version you played, thus the only copies are from earlier or newer versions. You can try scrolling further down, sometimes those were actually version e1.7 so and so... so the e versions could be down the list, hopefully.

i have moved to 1.0.2 of the new releases but now i have to re do all my previous edits and fine tune all the mods all over again as i had to also update the mods, and things are frustrating as hell. why on earth would they apply a update meant for only the new releases to all previous versions, its so stupid

Back
Top Bottom