1.7.0 Update Review: After improvement, the game still sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

I got six in my 1.7 games before re-starting, so I don't think you're "5 per clan" was true and honestly unless a Dev tells us they changed it, I don't think they did. Although I think it's odd @SadShogun didn't clear it up in the other thread, maybe they did change it? maybe they have me on ignore? Maybe they're not the baby system Dev anymore?
This shouldn't be the case, though we're working on a system like this for curbing the hero count going out of control after a certain time. Think as clans strategically reducing the number of children they as they have more members. Though in 1.7.0 there is no such behavior that I know of.

This shouldn't be the case, though we're working on a system like this for curbing the hero count going out of control after a certain time. Think as clans strategically reducing the number of children they as they have more members. Though in 1.7.0 there is no such behavior that I know of.
Thanks for letting us know.

I can appreciate the outcome you're trying to achieve. However, as girls have less value than boys in Calradia (girls marry out), may I suggest an alternative?

Let there be no restrictions on pregnancy but for the usual age restrictions and introduce designations, i.e. children go into a pool and the player/ai gets to nominate x number to become heroes (is that what we're calling them?).

For example, in one game, I got 3 daughters and then no more kids even after save scumming for awhile. That's no fun and no good.

Or another alternative is to change how daughters marry out. Let it be part of the negotiation so either boy or girl can be married out and vice versa depending on who's willing to pay.

I can appreciate the outcome you're trying to achieve. However, as girls have less value than boys in Calradia (girls marry out), may I suggest an alternative?

Let there be no restrictions on pregnancy but for the usual age restrictions and introduce designations, i.e. children go into a pool and the player/ai gets to nominate x number to become heroes (is that what we're calling them?).

For example, in one game, I got 3 daughters and then no more kids even after save scumming for awhile. That's no fun and no good.

Or another alternative is to change how daughters marry out. Let it be part of the negotiation so either boy or girl can be married out and vice versa depending on who's willing to pay.
May I suggest: The baby catapult! Too many potential heroes in your clan? Curb it the fun way as a new siege ammunition! May cause massive relations lost with everyone.....

Kaoses Tweaks messes up the xp gains. It negates all the changes that were done to levelling system by TW and pushes it back to the first iterations, where levelling was slow. If you want levelling to be good, do not use the mod! Try playing vanilla. (The levelling of combat skills is actually very good. Medicine and engineering still need a little push.)

The game still has a lot of issues, but it is still in early access. There is still hope that at least some of the issues will be addressed. And who knows, maybe some of them will even be fixed :wink:

I definitely agree with the thing about regional bandits, looters are everywhere in big stacks. In Warband in the mid and late game the game spawns less looters and more regional bandits including desserter parties. Roaming desserters will hopefully return to the game as they add variety to the game and better loot.

Back
Top Bottom