In Progress 1.7.0 Promoted Companions lose their clan guys to marriages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Gadheras

Squire
I don't know if this is a bug, or just me being unlucky...

I promoted 2 companions and gave them a castle each. Short after I noticed they both lost a guy. Turned out they both married and moved onto the clan of the one they married. Both was leaders of their clans. Good for them I guess, not so good for me.

Maybe you could make it so those dudes that spawn with the companion you promote is already married to avoid such?

As far as I know, promoting companions to nobles creates new clans for them and it's an intended design.

That is not the issue. The issue is the clan you created have their male members get married and leave their clans. So the tier 2 clan with 3 dudes you just created shortly become 2 or less... The idea behind promote companiosn to nobles and get more clans, thus get more parties in your kingdom is good. Them leaving and joining someone else, not so good.

That is not the issue. The issue is the clan you created have their male members get married and leave their clans. So the tier 2 clan with 3 dudes you just created shortly become 2 or less... The idea behind promote companiosn to nobles and get more clans, thus get more parties in your kingdom is good. Them leaving and joining someone else, not so good.
Ah ok, now I see what you meant. It is a really strange bug then.

Ah ok, now I see what you meant. It is a really strange bug then.

I won't necessary call it a bug, because I seen before people in clans you crated this way married and a female join their clan. But I think its a great oversight for them to get married and leave the clan. That at large defeat the point of you creating it in the first place.

I won't necessary call it a bug, because I seen before people in clans you crated this way married and a female join their clan.
I have called it a bug, because it seems like females leaving their clan when married is an intended design, and males doing that is not.

I have called it a bug, because it seems like females leaving their clan when married is an intended design, and males doing that is not.
Males only joins their wife's clan, if the wife is the clan leader.
If you have alot of unmarried female clan leader, this can happen.

The female clan leaders marry, even when they can get no childs, because of age and this is the real bug here.
Females should not be able to marry another hero, if they are to old for having childs.

Last edited:

The female clan leaders marry, even when they can get no childs, because of age and this is the real bug here.
Females should not be able to marry another hero, if they are to old for having childs.

If the dudes that spawn with your companion when you promoite them to a noble, did spawn with spouses, this wouldn't been a issue. The game need more characters for the purpose of marriages. If you look at clans in different kingdoms you find an awful lot of unmarried characters.

If you make clans out of females wanderers they will steal mens into their clan too. But I think MORE women, particularly spawning with new clans (both wanderer and rebel) is really needed. There's barely enough so when new clans are formed with no females of their own they just take away wives. There should be a way to get people spouses without a lord npc too, since you wouldn't just let your faction go extinct, you would make up some ?:poop: and titles ? and get you retainers a nice merchant's son/daughter raises into nobility ???

I think they should add an adoption feature or something, because it does make sense for the older female to want to marry, but yeah everyone wants more heirs and it's very easy for a clan to die out because of a couple random events leaving old grand parents and small children. I also think we should be able to negotiate who leave who's clan for our own clan member too.

I think getting rid of the preggers chance reduction form age 18-45 (I don't think women actually start loosing fertility at 19 TW....)would be a good things too, maybe tone down the per child reduction as well to make sure they make enough while viable.

If you make clans out of females wanderers they will steal mens into their clan too. But I think MORE women, particularly spawning with new clans (both wanderer and rebel) is really needed. There's barely enough so when new clans are formed with no females of their own they just take away wives. There should be a way to get people spouses without a lord npc too, since you wouldn't just let your faction go extinct, you would make up some ?:poop: and titles ? and get you retainers a nice merchant's son/daughter raises into nobility ???

I think they should add an adoption feature or something, because it does make sense for the older female to want to marry, but yeah everyone wants more heirs and it's very easy for a clan to die out because of a couple random events leaving old grand parents and small children. I also think we should be able to negotiate who leave who's clan for our own clan member too.

I think getting rid of the preggers chance reduction form age 18-45 (I don't think women actually start loosing fertility at 19 TW....)would be a good things too, maybe tone down the per child reduction as well to make sure they make enough while viable.

I promoted 2 female wanderers to nobles. 10 years later they still not married. When I did promote them, they was in the early 20's. I recruited a clan with 3 adults and 6 children. One "died in childbirth" and 2 battlefield deaths later. That clan went extinct and the children of it just vanished. I like the idea of a adoption system so such children could be spread on the other clans in your kingdom. The Aserai's seems to always end up with huge families though...

Hey, i have informed the design team about the issue and wanted them to have a closer look. If the issue is intended or bugged i will update this thread accordingly. Thank you for reporting it in and sorry for any inconvenience.

Hey, after confirming with the devs, unless their spouse is the queen of the kingdom, the male vassals leaving the clan when they got married is indeed a bug and not the intended design. The devs are inspecting the issue. Thank you for reporting it in.

Hey, after confirming with the devs, unless their spouse is the queen of the kingdom, the male vassals leaving the clan when they got married is indeed a bug and not the intended design. The devs are inspecting the issue. Thank you for reporting it in.

It's more a design problem, because the clans you create with promote companions, turn into "feeder" for the unmarried. If the guys that spawn when you promote a companion came with their own spouses, this wouldn't be an issue. The greater issue is the lack of npc's for the sake of marriages to happen in the game across all clans and factions. As well as if all adults in a clan die, the whole clan go extinct even it they might have 10 children.

All those towns should be able to conjure up some female npc's for the sake of get people hitched in the game -)

It's more a design problem, because the clans you create with promote companions, turn into "feeder" for the unmarried. If the guys that spawn when you promote a companion came with their own spouses, this wouldn't be an issue. The greater issue is the lack of npc's for the sake of marriages to happen in the game across all clans and factions. As well as if all adults in a clan die, the whole clan go extinct even it they might have 10 children.

All those towns should be able to conjure up some female npc's for the sake of get people hitched in the game -)
There are enough unmarried heroes in the game, but they don't marry until it is too late, atleast for female heroes.
Female heroes should be married before the age of 25, because after that she will give birth to only a few childs.

But yes, the game needs a "Spawn a Spouse" button.

Back
Top Bottom