1.6 Patchnotes That Would Make Multiplayer Playable for More Than The ~100ish People That Still Play

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't why you didn't start off with "We are balancing the game modes differently."
Added Badges for the winners of NABB1, BEAST1,2,3(?) and Captains League, as it makes no sense to have this elaborate badge system and then use it on 3 unique badges all for the same event.
My thought on competitive badges is this:
  • Have 3 different badges for the different competitive modes (Duel, Skirmish and Captain).
  • Badges are only given to 1st place in events.
  • If you win the same event again your badge changes slightly similar to CSGOs yearly level badge.
  • Create a committee based on the community that includes one community manager and multiple league organizer (ikea knight, Aerowen, Kazu, Ling...)
  • The committee decides who gets the badge and if a tournament/season was large enough and didn't have much controversy.
  • For skirmish and captain the committee decides who gets the badge on a winning team based on what percentage of games they played for their team.
    • Captain Mode
      • We are paying Ling* $17 an hour to email us balance changes because it seems like he knows what hes talking about.
      • Because we are intelligent people who understand the basics of game design, Lings captain balance changes are completely separate from the balance changes to the pvp gamemodes. Trying to make both modes work with the exact same perks would be completely impossible and we would never do that.
Ling is great but unless if you want archers to have higher movement speed across all game modes than I recommend not letting him decide balance changes.

I think I must be completely out of the loop here but it seems that people keep complaining about the game to the devs when the devs are being quite receptive. Personally I don't mind the class system and it seems that the devs are working to improve it. The only things I'm really wanting changing apart from general balance (it is a beta, these things take time) is the tilde key (look around yourself) to be fixed, and the thrust mechanic to be worked on a bit (thrust seems a little slow at the mo).

Apart from that devs aren't doing a bad job IMO, I don't get why all the hate.

I think I must be completely out of the loop here but it seems that people keep complaining about the game to the devs when the devs are being quite receptive. Personally I don't mind the class system and it seems that the devs are working to improve it. The only things I'm really wanting changing apart from general balance (it is a beta, these things take time) is the tilde key (look around yourself) to be fixed, and the thrust mechanic to be worked on a bit (thrust seems a little slow at the mo).

Check beta boards for your answer.

It's more to do with the efforts TW made before EA. The few people working on MP over the past year might've been doing the best they could do, but the vision for MP in the first place was pretty disappointing for the fans (possibly deliberately so) and turned such a cold shoulder to the community. There are others who do mind the class system. They'd rather choose their own equipment, like you could previously, rather than be forced to play as prebuilt troops. I was open to the idea when it was announced in 2018, but now that it's out, it's much worse than I'd ever imagined, for various reasons. Looking at the beta boards (which I wasn't a part of) it shows all the testing and critique towards the system had already been made. There's also a bunch of issues to do with chambers, spears, weapon stunning, really cheap footshots, OP cavalry mechanics, stiflingly slow animations, and a bunch of other stuff that I'd have to play the game again to remind myself of. That's not even mentioning the continued crashes, lack of Battle mode, Sound of Doom and crushthrough period. It can be fun up to a point, and there have been some improvements, but probably not as much as people had hoped. And, to me, something like the camera issue you brought up is more than just a minor niggle.

Last edited:
My wishlist:

Technical Changes
  • Most crashes, especially party crashes, no longer occur
  • Players can no longer ban-evade by [don't want to say]
Game Mode Changes
  • Duel mode added
  • Battle 2.0 (beta) added -- maybe work with the community to develop the competitive mode this time?
  • Kick vote is enabled in all modes. If a player is vote-kicked they have a different color name for 3 days. If they are vote-kicked 5 times they are banned for a week; then a month; then for a year.
QoL Changes
  • Option: teammate names are always visible
  • Option: display teammate HP under their name; in captain, all bot HP is combined
  • Tilde key snaps back to regular view much quicker
  • Scene prop collision is improved to avoid unintuitive ghost walls
Balance Changes
  • Max speed for all cav is reduced
  • Dismounted cavalry can no longer instantly use their shield
  • Cavalry are stunned for a longer duration after running into a wall
  • Acceleration from the "double tap" is reduced
  • Footspeeds are made more normalized, especially for heavy infantry
  • Throwing damage is slightly increased
  • Ranged damage is slightly decreased
Captain Balance Changes
  • New perks introduced
  • AI switch to "Follow Me" if their captain is far away
  • Cavalry AI has increased stab accuracy
  • Cavalry AI will not retreat across the entire map while on "Charge," and instead retreat a smaller distance before making another pass
  • Cavalry horses have significantly reduced armor and HP
  • Glaive (Lancers) and Menavlion (Courser) no longer one-shot most classes
  • Captains can command the target of archer fire with a flag
  • Archers no longer shoot each other in the head
  • Archers team-damage somewhat reduced
  • Shield wall speed somewhat increased
  • Throwing damage significantly increased
  • Pike and spear infantry are much more capable at stopping cav running directly through them
  • Light cavalry weapons increased speed bonus damage (to kill heavy cav and give them an actual reason to be in the mode)
  • Light archer speed increased (better kiting)
  • Heavy archer counts increased by 1 (better at supporting infantry)
  • Khuzait Spear Infantry Heavy Mace damage decreased
  • Empire Legionary armor increased
  • Sturgia Warrior armor decreased

If the pila/ throwing spear have to stay in the game they should only be given to the most expensive units as perks. the 120 & less gold units should only get Javelins/Jarids or lesser throwing weapons. Even if the throwing spear does 50 dmg to a heavy inf its incredibly cost effective to just go light inf and use the pila/ throwing spear instead of heavy inf with no ranged. And this is coming from someone who loves to use throwing weps. (I played in every NA Skirmish tourney mostly using throwing weps to get my kills)

Its a fun weapon to use, but it feels horrible when used against you. Hitting someone in the face with a massive stick and watching him slowly go down to the ground is really satisfying wait that came out wrong

Back
Top Bottom