In Progress (1.6.5) sumpter horses and mules unequipable

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Sumpter horses and mules can't be equipped to companion heroes. It makes impossible to raise their riding skill.
This bug happends since version 1.6.4.

if you know code you can change a horse like saddle horse to ride difficulty 0 or just open cheat program and give them a battanian pony till it gets fixed

I have a temporary work-around while we wait for a hotfix. This makes the change Taleworlds intended to make and removes the riding requirement for Saddle Horses.

1) Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\spitems" and make a copy of "horses_and_others.xml". Keep the copy just in case you need to revert back to the patch default settings.
2) Open "horses_and_others.xml" with your favorite XML editor or notepad if you don't have another option.
3) Press ctrl+f to search for "saddle horse" and press enter. It should move the document to the Saddle Horse settings and highlight "Saddle Horse" for you to see where to find the settings on the page.
4) Look down about seven lines for "difficulty="10"" and change the 10 to a 0. The line should be directly under "weight="390"".
5) Save "horses_and_others.xml".

Next time you start the game you should be able to equip the Saddle Horse to any character regardless of skill level.

I have a temporary work-around while we wait for a hotfix. This makes the change Taleworlds intended to make and removes the riding requirement for Saddle Horses.

1) Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\spitems" and make a copy of "horses_and_others.xml". Keep the copy just in case you need to revert back to the patch default settings.
2) Open "horses_and_others.xml" with your favorite XML editor or notepad if you don't have another option.
3) Press ctrl+f to search for "saddle horse" and press enter. It should move the document to the Saddle Horse settings and highlight "Saddle Horse" for you to see where to find the settings on the page.
4) Look down about seven lines for "difficulty="10"" and change the 10 to a 0. The line should be directly under "weight="390"".
5) Save "horses_and_others.xml".

Next time you start the game you should be able to equip the Saddle Horse to any character regardless of skill level.

The first result you get if you search on saddle horse is for tournament values though where the difficulty already set at 0, so do the search twice to make sure you do the right one.

I give TaleWorlds a lot of slack with issues in the game, but this is one of the most obvious oversights I have ever seen. The only way I am able to raise my horse riding skill from 0-10 without changing code is to hope I find a mounted tournament or to ride pack camels during caravan ambush quests.

enable cheat mode to get a horse till you get skill, you can take a low level horse if you feel like it may be cheating, fastest way to work around it

Back
Top Bottom