1.6.4 Price policy

Users who are viewing this thread

Absolutely hate the new price policy in multiplayer. A horse archer is still insanely difficult to play correctly and more importantly to play consistently efficient. And now it costs whooping 250 gold which really takes more or less half the time of the round to come by for the average player. One mistake or being cornered and you go back to where you started, all gold gone. Horse archer is one, not the only example. This is really again complete bull****, seems someone pushed this idea for an excuse for an update. No fun. You should consider that not everyone who plays this game is an infantry-only maniac. The game is Mount&Blade so either rebrand the F-ing game or maybe make an effort to keep all players happy. Horse archer in particular was already incredibly nerfed to a point where only massive time investment and training made it worth-while and now even that is sort of kind of impossible because you just don't get to play it. People are only liking Vlandia and Empire anyway (for some reason which I will never understand) so Khuzait really gets chosen 1 in 5-6 games if at all. And yes, I'm aware you can play a regular archer and find some random horse, but again - there are less horses now, not only for Khuzait. I get it, make them slightly more expensive, but this.is.completely.botched. Hope this gets significant re-balance soon.

Last edited:
TDM has been cancer when the only mounted units were horse archers. I haven't played the latest update yet but increasing horse archer cost sounds like a good change to me.

TDM has been cancer when the only mounted units were horse archers. I haven't played the latest update yet but increasing horse archer cost sounds like a good change to me.
Yea, but it's done too much, it's botched now. Apart from that, as said, it's not easy at all playing that class, the aiming penalty is simply insane, at least in a normal match, with sufficient amount of players relative to the amount of room. You just can't move without groups other of cav chasing you or being held 3 spears in your face. All fine, I can manage with practice, but now you get less opportunity to do so. no, not less, next to none. Which I disapprove of.

I'm happy to kill 4-5 guys to get to my favorite class, but I need to kill on average around 10 guys. That's insane in my opinion for PvP. Some sessions skill level is so high the average player would be happy to get 1 kill per spawn. As said, 1 mistake, or preferably being spawned non-advantageously, all for nothing. Frustrating. No fun. I know I will get a lot of hate again for posting this, verbal abuse, people cutting together videos of my playing performance and posting it to distract and offend, stuff like that. I don't care, do your worst. This needed to be said.

Last edited:
It does make perfect sense. Playing TDM can be very annoying if you are easily disturbed. What was the price before update for horse archer? It seems that 250 is indeed a bit overkill lol

It does make perfect sense. Playing TDM can be very annoying if you are easily disturbed. What was the price before update for horse archer? It seems that 250 is indeed a bit overkill lol
150. For reference, the Nomad was 200 and Lancer was 350.

Yes, horse archery is annoying to fight against though I've also found out that if there are some spears laying around with a decent amount of reach, it's more productive to spawn as a Horse Archer with tougher horse/small shield, drop your bow and arrow and steal a spear if you wanna do cavalry charges instead of harassing.

There it is, clearly a noob, close the thread.

Jokes aside the cost is a good thing right? I remember there being way to much cav, it should be hard to get and keep.
It has been done to an absurd level now, and there are enough counters and nerfs to cav already. Adding that price is just insane. So ok, make it difficult to achieve, I'm up for that. But once you have it it shouldn't be 1 oversight and back to 0.

It has been done to an absurd level now, and there are enough counters and nerfs to cav already. Adding that price is just insane. So ok, make it difficult to achieve, I'm up for that. But once you have it it shouldn't be 1 oversight and back to 0.
Well the dev balancing it already said he'll reduce the price if it needs it so I don't treally see the problem, just give abit of time and test for now and see if the class under performs

I have to agree partly with metafa. Yes khuzait is an annoying faction but the faction is already a cav oriented faction and those price pumps are only making it so that khuzait has less troops to play with. I don't think it's necessarily a price problem but more of a class problem.

Though taleworlds is right to limit the amount of them one way or another.

I agree with you, but rather than decreasing the cost I'd rather have them increase the God damn accuracy. As if playing a horse archer wasn't hard enough already. A multiplayer game should be skill-based. The accuracy penalty just makes your arrow fly to a random direction. Even if your aiming and riding were already perfect, that randomized factor could make you miss horribly

I agree with you, but rather than decreasing the cost I'd rather have them increase the God damn accuracy. As if playing a horse archer wasn't hard enough already.
They had good accuracy before 1.5.3. It was possible to play them like actual cav even when a lance cav were headed straight for you, with enough training and skill you were able to prevent his lance hitting more or less with the same frequency as with any other cav. Also they had the other extension to North Town with that huge field next to the city for cav to go crazy on. Was insane fun. I hope that comes back at least at some point. Anyway with respects to accuracy yes, it was very much nerfed, to a point where you can no longer sprint shooting, even with enough skill in most cases. For now you have to have max half speed to have any chance at somewhat consistent hits. And that's while I see a lot of people standing completely still for shooting. So I'm split on whether to increase accuracy or decrease price. In an ideal horse archer game world I'd prefer accuracy and a bit of price decrease but that's probably not realistic, so I made an effort to train to use it like it is (effort means voting Khuzait every single time and of course only choose that faction when available) and right now it kind of works if the space on the map is not too limited in relation to the amount of people so I think I'm headed in the right direction with respects to skill. So I wish for price decrease first. Because yesterday it was Khuzait only twice a whole evening until late at night, me choosing archer, hit, hit, hit, hit, kill, death. Chose lance cav, hit, hit, kill, kill, kill, hit, kill, death. Nowhere near enough gold for horse archer class.
:???:

Last edited:
The issue in TDM and Siege currently is the gold system, it is broken and not balanced whatsoever.
You get 10 gold for a melee kill
8 gold for the first 4 kills
10 gold for the fifth kill
10 gold for the first assist
10 gold for the second assist

Say that an average player has a K.D of 1, spawns a 130 gold unit, then he needs or 5 kills or 1 kill and 2 assist to come even. THAT IS ALOT.
For 160 gold you need 5 kills, 2 assist and another 1 kill or assist. And that is the optimal way!

The looter perk is horribly broken as you can get 20-100 gold on average per kill, I often earn 500 gold per life with the looter perk.

The issue in TDM and Siege currently is the gold system, it is broken and not balanced whatsoever.
You get 10 gold for a melee kill
8 gold for the first 4 kills
10 gold for the fifth kill
10 gold for the first assist
10 gold for the second assist

Say that an average player has a K.D of 1, spawns a 130 gold unit, then he needs or 5 kills or 1 kill and 2 assist to come even. THAT IS ALOT.
For 160 gold you need 5 kills, 2 assist and another 1 kill or assist. And that is the optimal way!

The looter perk is horribly broken as you can get 20-100 gold on average per kill, I often earn 500 gold per life with the looter perk.
Thats something I am looking into. Same goes for having some Gold Perks in duel mode right now which doesnt make much sense.

Thats something I am looking into. Same goes for having some Gold Perks in duel mode right now which doesnt make much sense.
That's great! One of the consequences of the current system is that the good players get the better classes which makes it worse and worse as the bad players get the bad classes.

Also, a thing to note is that if your class costs 80 you earn 20 gold by dying as you get 100 gold for every spawn, bit weird. But this is currently how farming works in TDM events IIRC. (a faction just kills vlandia peasants over and over because both teams gain gold, one for dying and one for killing)

Back
Top Bottom