1.6.1 new perks

Users who are viewing this thread

So basically the perks will be invisible to your opponents and you will have no idea what bonuses you are fighting against, directly going against the mission statement we were fed back in 2019

Something tells me that a Volgier with Improved-er armor is not working as intended. Managed to tank a neck shot with the Improved Armor and Armor Padding perks combined (87 damage total, 33 damage absorbed by armor and perks)

So basically the perks will be invisible to your opponents and you will have no idea what bonuses you are fighting against, directly going against the mission statement we were fed back in 2019
Imagine playing as cav and wondering who had 100% extra damage against your mount and who doesn't with no reason or rhyme;

this really is the point where i am completely against what they are doing,

i am sorry taleworlds, i love your game but these are bad changes

edit:

just found out that one of the new "perks" is 10% bonus to swing speed,

so i picked up a bastard sword (speed around 100 so that would mean the new speed is 110 which is absurd) and found a new autowin weapon,

i wonder what are they thinking? everything else doesn't even come close to how much this breaks the game

please taleworlds listen to your community we are trying to help

Last edited:
with the perk system (and all other variables between classes etc) a person cannot use all weapons or have similar character attributes as other players in the match discouraging the variety of play (if you can only get a buff while fighting on foot you are less likely use cavalry or bows if you receive a penalty for using them)

i am glad you like the new system but i prefer the simplicity of warband's and hope that there exists a private server that caters to that play style that some warband veteran's prefer
these already existed in warband, as diferent classes had different stats, only the black horse was ridable by infantr, some weapons could not be picked up by different classes, knights were slower on ground etc....

here is a list of atributes of every class in warband, these are buffs just like Bannerlord, only hidden to the player

Last edited:
This update is dog****, hit detection is still trash, servers still crash constantly, and all the speed buffs and no team damage enabled only makes S H I T T E R S spam more, not to mention they didn't even fix the shield on back after pila throw.

these already existed in warband, as diferent classes had different stats, only the black horse was ridable by infantr, some weapons could not be picked up by different classes, knights were slower on ground etc....

here is a list of atributes of every class in warband, these are buffs just like Bannerlord, only hidden to the player
you are right, warband was not perfect and we can see where this idea of having everyone with different abilities and stats has led,

i think we should go the opposite direction and equalize everything, but that is my own opinion,

it is great that we can mount all horses and shoot all bows,

but now that we can do that the penalties for using a mount or bow (as infantry) is extremely noticeable and i would argue unfair,

but that is just my opinion on warband, but i would prefer that then what is happening to bannerlord

Imagine playing as cav and wondering who had 100% extra damage against your mount
That's easy considering that it's the only perk that gives you a spear, so if it's a guy with a spear he can oneshot your 200gold heavy mount. It's actually 200% damage because you get 100% damage against mounts and 100% increase for speed bonus.

That's easy considering that it's the only perk that gives you a spear, so if it's a guy with a spear he can oneshot your 200gold heavy mount. It's actually 200% damage because you get 100% damage against mounts and 100% increase for speed bonus.
other people can pick up weapons including spears,

this is the first time they changed the actual way combat works between players and i think that it is a bad thing

other people can pick up weapons including spears,

this is the first time they changed the actual way combat works between players and i think that it is a bad thing
I'm just gonna say that at the moment, the way the perks are made, I'm not ready to say I like it, however, if you see a certain class there's usually 2 or less perks that grant him special ability and many of them come with unique equipment like long spear with cavalry breaker so if you know the perks, you can reasonably guess which one he got. I think it's not the main problem with the perks.

Inappropriate advertising / spam
In my opinion, update 1.6.1 severely slashed the realism and the potential for progress of players in the captains mode, adding child casualness (perks) and arcade (the transience of battles due to the increase in speed and damage) that prevents the dispersion of the tactical arsenal.
Well, I'm not a child and I appreciate realism and tactical freedom in games and in this part the patch upset me. @TaleWorlds please fix this.

And back to where we were last summer. Things never change eh.
That's actually the sad thing imo.

If Cav chooses to disrespect pointy stick, Cav deserves to get the racing horse bazooka'd.

In my opinion, update 1.6.1 severely slashed the realism and the potential for progress of players in the captains mode, adding child casualness (perks) and arcade (the transience of battles due to the increase in speed and damage) that prevents the dispersion of the tactical arsenal.
Well, I'm not a child and I appreciate realism and tactical freedom in games and in this part the patch upset me. @TaleWorlds please fix this.
Why are you spamming this across all threads?
Captain mode was never realistic to begin with since you can ez-cheese AI, if you want realistic battle simulation, grab a total war, albeit these are also full of cheese.

We have to revert this MP update... I think for the first time both captain and skirmish players can agree this update is very very bad
I think you will not convince skirmish players to revert to medieval counter strike (many matches were purely duked out by throwing), I for once would absolutely quit if I'd be forced to play skirmishers nonstop again.

Last edited:
Why are you spamming this across all threads?
Captain mode was never realistic to begin with since you can ez-cheese AI, if you want realistic battle simulation, grab a total war, albeit these are also full of cheese.
How do you understand the definition of spam? My opinion on the forum threads I read is definitely not spam.
I'm not talking about how the captains mod was from the beginning, I'm talking about reducing the degree of its realism with the new patch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom