Resolved [1.6.1] Aserai Player Character having -3 from "Owner's Culture" debuff while owning Razih

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.1.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Rush09

Regular
Summary: My Aserai character, being a son to an original Sturgian character, is having -3 Loyalty from "Owner's Culture" debuff while owning Razih.
How to Reproduce: As stated in summary.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Summary: My Aserai character, being a son to an original Sturgian character, is having -3 Loyalty from "Owner's Culture" debuff while owning Razih.
How to Reproduce: As stated in summary.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
That your son is of aserai culture is the true bug here.
Normal all sons get the culture of their father, not from the mother.

I don't know what game you are playing man, but ALL sons and daughters in my campaign over 3 generations get the culture from the mother. Everytime. But I do think it should be a 50/50 chance to get from mother or father. Getting the culture from the mother alone makes the clans lose their original identity after the second generation in game.

Last edited:
Can verify that this also happens to AI and it's quite telling. A Khuzait clan with a Sturgian leader just got Odokh has its town, the Sturgian leader is the governor and he get's -1 Culture from Governor but he doesn't get the -3 from Owner Culture. I assume the code is either reading the culture from the clan and not the owner of the clan or reading the culture of the original owner of the clan and not the current owner of the clan.

To the original poster - open up your encyclopedia, find the current character you are playing on.
When you open that you'll see that Culture is shown.
Do it say Aserai there or Sturgia?

My guess in this case is that it will state Sturgia(since you have that -3 culture to owner).

As for kids inheriting mother or fathers culture, I've seen both, not sure if its supposed to be random or not which parents culture they take from(read I've not married out of my culture much tbh, so in my case most of the times the kids will have same culture regardless).
I honestly never paid no mind to it, when I've married out of culture tbh.

To the original poster - open up your encyclopedia, find the current character you are playing on.
When you open that you'll see that Culture is shown.
Do it say Aserai there or Sturgia?

My guess in this case is that it will state Sturgia(since you have that -3 culture to owner).

As for kids inheriting mother or fathers culture, I've seen both, not sure if its supposed to be random or not which parents culture they take from(read I've not married out of my culture much tbh, so in my case most of the times the kids will have same culture regardless).
I honestly never paid no mind to it, when I've married out of culture tbh.
Nope, character has Aserai culture in the encyclopedia.

In 1.6.1 I've never seen a son or daughter get the fathers culture but glad to see that does indeed may happen.

Nope, character has Aserai culture in the encyclopedia.

In 1.6.1 I've never seen a son or daughter get the fathers culture but glad to see that does indeed may happen.
Well then I hope you've sent'em the file so they can figure it out =)

I don't know what game you are playing man, but ALL sons and daughters in my campaign over 3 generations get the culture from the mother. Everytime. But I do think it should be a 50/50 chance to get from mother or father. Getting the culture from the mother alone makes the clans lose their original identity after the second generation in game.
This is the bug, children currently inherits the culture of their mother, but it should be by the gender the child has, sons get the culture of their father and daughters the culture of their mother.

You must only look at the log, when a child of a intercultural marriage is born.
Sons have a name of their father's culture, but are currently form their mother's culture.

ahh didn't know this was also a bug, I thought it was intended. Well... the save I sent has a lot of examples of sons and daughters having only the mothers culture. Nice, thanks for the info.

The culture is inherited from the mother but the design team has been made aware of this issue and will be taking a look at the culture inheritance. Thanks for reporting.

Back
Top Bottom