Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
Have played MB2 for a while, with and without mods - never had issues this bad
Today decided to update to 1.6.0
launch game without mods, everything seems reasonable - start exploring new features in menu (not even in a live game) and whole computer shuts off and restarts
(not a power failure)
Not sure WTF happened, I launch the game again... run a quick custom battle
Battle barely lasts 3 whole mins and again - full crash of whole PC, forced reboot

double check all hardware, device drivers, RAM/CPU reports, Windows event logs, nothing seems wrong?
Ran a test with another game (arguably equally intensive), full screen high fidenlity game at high settings, and have 2x HD youtube videos playing simultaneously on another screen, go to launch ANOTHER GAME just to push the CPU to absolute limits and see where it breaks.....
Nothing happens - everything is running visibly slowly all at once (low FPS), however PC keeps chuggin along just fine... for a whole hour non stop at 100% CPU, 95% RAM and 95% GPU... no overheating, no issues whatsoever!

Clean/soft reboot once again, run MB2, start a campaign, pick class/region/etc.. and during character creation the whole PC dies again.

so obviously something MB2-related?

Can't even find a crash dump of the game because the whole RAM was wiped instantly and the game never even realised it was closed
(the initial starting video plays each time, thus indicating it thinks I'm running it for the first time each time)

How to Reproduce: well any way I try - within minutes the whole thing dies.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX980
GPU Driver Version: latest updated today
CPU: Intel i7-980
RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz 18GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte X-58A UD5
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 850 Evo SSD
Its a custom system built by me, an IT professional, years ago and upgraded and maintained meticulously since
Never in my life have I seen this thing crash so hard without even a BSOD
and I've done some seriously experimental **** to this box without ever killing it this badly

You guys really need to fix your game - this is unacceptable to be happening over a year after launch!

Summary:
Have played MB2 for a while, with and without mods - never had issues this bad
Today decided to update to 1.6.0
launch game without mods, everything seems reasonable - start exploring new features in menu (not even in a live game) and whole computer shuts off and restarts
(not a power failure)
Not sure WTF happened, I launch the game again... run a quick custom battle
Battle barely lasts 3 whole mins and again - full crash of whole PC, forced reboot

double check all hardware, device drivers, RAM/CPU reports, Windows event logs, nothing seems wrong?
Ran a test with another game (arguably equally intensive), full screen high fidenlity game at high settings, and have 2x HD youtube videos playing simultaneously on another screen, go to launch ANOTHER GAME just to push the CPU to absolute limits and see where it breaks.....
Nothing happens - everything is running visibly slowly all at once (low FPS), however PC keeps chuggin along just fine... for a whole hour non stop at 100% CPU, 95% RAM and 95% GPU... no overheating, no issues whatsoever!

Clean/soft reboot once again, run MB2, start a campaign, pick class/region/etc.. and during character creation the whole PC dies again.

so obviously something MB2-related?

Can't even find a crash dump of the game because the whole RAM was wiped instantly and the game never even realised it was closed
(the initial starting video plays each time, thus indicating it thinks I'm running it for the first time each time)

How to Reproduce: well any way I try - within minutes the whole thing dies.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX980
GPU Driver Version: latest updated today
CPU: Intel i7-980
RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz 18GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte X-58A UD5
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 850 Evo SSD
Its a custom system built by me, an IT professional, years ago and upgraded and maintained meticulously since
Never in my life have I seen this thing crash so hard without even a BSOD
and I've done some seriously experimental **** to this box without ever killing it this badly

You guys really need to fix your game - this is unacceptable to be happening over a year after launch!

Hello! Bannerlord is CPU and memory heavy. I suggest that you reset all overclocking settings and check how your business with departures will be. Perhaps overclocking has nothing to do with it.

You also can checked out these threads about Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds.

Please note that the developer team will be on leave until 26th of July. All technical support tickets will be handled when they back in action. Thank you for understanding.

We will send a telemetry build for the 1.6.0 version soon. I will be asking a telemetry data when its arrived. Can you monitor the hardware temperatures when playing the game?

We will send a telemetry build for the 1.6.0 version soon. I will be asking a telemetry data when its arrived. Can you monitor the hardware temperatures when playing the game?
Hi There,

As specified in my original post,
I have run several experimental "sessions" of the game over 2 days, ALL OF WHICH have resulted in a sudden full crash to a restarted PC within 5-10 mins, leaving nothing at all in the RAM to log an event report for the game application.

I have reinstalled the whole game from scratch in Steam 3 times,
tested the Beta 1.6.0 and the "stable" 1.5.10 version (no mods anywhere)
same thing happened on both
Not even the Windows7 OS Event logs anything useful, except to mention that "power was suddenly lost" as a Kernel event, similar to what would happen in a power outage setting.
Not all of these have even been "active game" sessions - twice it crashed while browsing the game setup menu, or controls menu.

I have done extensive testing of my own PC, and can absolutely confirm NO OTHER PROGRAM OR GAME causes anything similar to happen, even under far higher CPU/GPU/RAM load.

I can post screenshots if you wish, but briefly the results are:
MB2 browsing menu with no active game: (120-144FPS)
30-40% overall CPU load @3000Mhz 8core, total of 20-25% RAM load (18GB), 10-15% GPU load (GTX970) - nothing is overclocked on my system!
highest recorded temp: CPU @ 62*C , GPU @ 51*C
^^
(both varieties crashed with no *beeps* at all from my temperature monitoring software)
vv
MB2 active game with medium settings: (70-80FPS)
60-80% overall CPU load, total of 40-50% RAM load, 70-80% GPU load
highest recorded temp: CPU @ 69*C , GPU @ 58*C

My stress test scenario was:
4x HD youtube videos playing simultaneously on monitor #1
and another very CPU-heavy game (Space Engineers) running at high settings on monitor 2,
95-99% overall CPU load, total of 80-85% RAM load, 97-100% GPU load
highest recorded temp: CPU @ 81*C , GPU @ 67*C
(got a warning beep when CPU temp. peaked above 80*C for short while)
This was kept on for almost an hour, my FPS in Space Engineers game dropped to 2-5, YouTube videos were badly stuttering,
BUT NO CRASHES WHATSOEVER!

So please don't blame my PC!

Something is critically wrong with your game!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom