1.6.0 Experiencing latencies

Users who are viewing this thread

Alphα

Section Moderator
After a lot of patches and updates I started a brand new campaign to see the current state and progress made on the game. I'm using the 1.6.0 version.
I'm experiencing more latencies and loadings that in the past. My game is verry laggy in general and kinda ruins my global playing experience.

UI shows up slowly. For example when entering a city to buy recruits or so. Inventory or party UI is encountering poor performances also. I can barrely see LODs loading before.

Is it just for me? Maybe should I try 1.5.10 instead?

I'm not using any mods so far.

PC SPECS
I7 6700K 32 GB DDR4 GTX 1070

Regards,
Alpha

Haven't played since 1.5.3. Decided to start playing again today on Main branch with a new game.
Same problem as you, with lag on world map and slow ui when recruiting, etc. Never had this problem before.
Stopped playing after 10mins just trying to get from village to village to recruiting. Never even got to fight a battle because it was unplayable watching the lag on the world map.

There are quite a few people talking about a performance improvement with this version; however I can't say the same (I miss the first patches where everything ran fine and smooth for me, being aware of the kind of hardware I have installed - i7 2600k + 8GB + 1060gtx + HDD+W10). And yes, the SDD does improve the loading times, but that's not the point... something strange is going on.

In the support section I've been reading about weird experiences, with unexplained CTD (native - not mods) and with unexplained memory leak problems as well.

It's a pity there are no servers available in 1.6.0 to test MP.

UI shows up slowly. For example when entering a city to buy recruits or so. Inventory or party UI is encountering poor performances also. I can barrely see LODs loading before.

Is it just for me? Maybe should I try 1.5.10 instead?
It is most definitely not just you. In my case (as with most people, from what I've seen and heard) even 1.5.10 is basically unplayable.
UI takes ages to load. The 3d portraits load slowly. The 3d models load slowly. Going from campaign map to... anything else, inventory, character screen, encyclopedia... everything is *UNACCEPTABLY* slow. And it's not like it's my rig. I have two, one is 5 years old and the other is an absurd monster of a PC with a 3070. They have the SAME. IDENTICAL. ISSUE.

Thanks for your answers guys!

I need to test on a SSD.
Just to know if it can really improve the whole thing :twisted:
Maybe it solve the problem, because I noticed very noise in the HD, looks like nothing is loaded to the memory but readed in the moment.

This patch certainly runs worse. The most noticeable part for me so far would be that the saving part takes significantly longer.

Back
Top Bottom