Resolved [1.6.0] Cannot marry off nephew, no reason given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
Summary: When trying to marry off my nephew, the marriage dialogue initiates successfully but will not allow accepting the match. It only provides the back-out option.
How to Reproduce: In the save game, talk to Ulman, offer to join houses through marriage as normal. Offer the hand of Bandan (the nephew). There is no option to accept marriage with Khachin. The save game is called "160 cant marry khachin.sav"
Have you used cheats and if so which: None.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
a99GkEs.jpg

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super with Max-Q Design
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6089
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz (16 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
RAM: 16 GB RAM
Motherboard: Spyder CMS V1.07
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): NVMe SAMSUNG MZVLB1T0

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Something I forgot to mention: I can get the agree option to appear for my sister (Altan in the save game) but none of the second generation of characters.

Oh damn thats a game breaker for my current playthrough. Thats why I couldnt get my sons married. My clan will probably die out then. Does this happen with every savegame or just occasionally?

Is this maybe a campaign only issue? Or sandbox too? Bc I have the same problem, being able to marry off siblings but not second gen

So.. I spent some time testing things out.
You CAN marry your children, but you can only always pick the first one in the list, and also only for the first one the other party offers. So you have to find spouses for whoever is listed above. If the opposite just offers an old spouse and you dont have someone old to take him/her out of the list, kill with console command. Its not optimal but that way you can keep your clan alive and carry on your savegame.

Back
Top Bottom