Resolved 1.51: Nobles that start as teens at start of game and future children do not lead parties and are never found in-game

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

c77

Recruit
This is apparently because they have no skills as they were children/teens when the game started. New kids don't come with skills either or lead parties. They are never found in the game world and thus never lead parties or do anything because the game doesn't register them as "active". As a result, clans die out and entire factions are lead by corpses.

Razana example (not modded) Look at this imgur album, this is the Aserai leader's family. I literally killed all the adults off and Razana never became leader, never spawned into the world, and Aserai have a dead leader leading them. Why? Razana is 17 at the start of the game and comes with no skills as the children skill system is bugged.

Julios clan example, Anea/Nonesos (modded).

User Afflicted said this:" Since they "fixed" children stats in 1.4.3 they don't seem to work properly. The reason they are not leading parties is because they are not spawning into the game world. When they come of age the game is supposed to set their hero state to active so they will appear in the world, but it doesn't "
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-have-no-skills-or-traits.430694/post-9538587

Last edited:
I uploaded two saves (both unmodded). I have a 3rd if you need it, its about 11 years after 1084 (game year start) but it is modded

I wanted to marry an sturgian female noble, who has been a Child during the starting years of the games, In my game my character has 55 years, ant that noble is said to be in Ryval, game said that was last time seen on Ryval, but never spawn.

I cut many Souther Imperial Heads, there is some young Nobles, but those I saw were the Called to arms, but in my save game if there is enough Nobles por parties/armies, those Nobles never spawn.

Vanilla game 1.5.2 beta.

Hi dude
The problem still persists in 1.5.4 beta, even for the AI, the children born during the campaign ends when grow up at 18 years in holding status for the player or in the home city but never spawn, same for the AI clans.
For example sons of the player with making them governors workaround to recall and use them can't be Heirs when the player dead, and can't be party leaders.

There is a problem with a recall system in the game to make usable many characters.

I can confirm this. My kids are 20 now and I can't find them. The game says they are "holding" in my town but they have never been in the keep or somewhere else. Also, they have points for skills/perks but I can't assign them.

I agree that it makes no sense to play any longer if I can't continue with my clan and other clans die out. I aimed for a long term campaign to test and experience all the long term features for the first time (I started all over again and again, game seemed kinda stable now)...but it still makes no sense.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom