1.5 State of throwing weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

TAKES LONGER TO THROW A THROWING WEAPON, REAL NICE
What exactly is real nice about it? That it makes throwables suck?
Did you try to throw at an archer from 3 meters away? Doesnt work anymore, he will shoot you.
Did you try to throw at a rider from 5 meters away? Doesnt work anymore, he will stab you.

As you said the removal of block delay already solved the problem of reaction blocking.

As you said the removal of block delay already solved the problem of reaction blocking.

I didn't say that the removal of block delay by itself resolves this issue. It is a matter of combining these two because we haven't seen what each of these features without the other feel like, or have you?

What exactly is real nice about it? That it makes throwables suck?
Did you try to throw at an archer from 3 meters away? Doesnt work anymore, he will shoot you.
Did you try to throw at a rider from 5 meters away? Doesnt work anymore, he will stab you.

Throwables deserved a nerf but the nerf was too big.

Throwables deserved a nerf but the nerf was too big.
Melee weapons against armor was so underpowered that people focused their gameplay around throws because it did more damage than the sometimes laughable 6-8 hits required to kill a heavy infantry with a typical axe/sword... Just because the only effective damage source infantry had was throws does not automatically make that particular facet of the game overpowered! All that really needed an adjustment was the laughable damage from Pilas/Franceskas (113 damage Franceska? When we have 40~ Damage javs? Really?) Pilas would have been in a fine state of balance if the perk only gave 1~ and Franceskas just needed a damage nerf and/or a stack size nerf... Jareeds on Aserai needed a stack size nerf as well... Minimum distance in general for throwing/archery needed a nerf which it received.. And without overly affecting the accuracy, throwing weapons would have been in a fine state of balance with just these changes.. No, they aren't sniper rifles, they move FAR too slow.. Slower than ANY projectile in Warband.. The typical throwing weapon in BL moves around 40% slower than it did in Warband... This means that if anyone moves a bit, your "sniper rifle" throw simply hits where a person used to be, and is no longer currently..

Melee weapons against armor was so underpowered that people focused their gameplay around throws because it did more damage than the sometimes laughable 6-8 hits required to kill a heavy infantry with a typical axe/sword... Just because the only effective damage source infantry had was throws does not automatically make that particular facet of the game overpowered! All that really needed an adjustment was the laughable damage from Pilas/Franceskas (113 damage Franceska? When we have 40~ Damage javs? Really?) Pilas would have been in a fine state of balance if the perk only gave 1~ and Franceskas just needed a damage nerf and/or a stack size nerf... Jareeds on Aserai needed a stack size nerf as well... Minimum distance in general for throwing/archery needed a nerf which it received.. And without overly affecting the accuracy, throwing weapons would have been in a fine state of balance with just these changes.. No, they aren't sniper rifles, they move FAR too slow.. Slower than ANY projectile in Warband.. The typical throwing weapon in BL moves around 40% slower than it did in Warband... This means that if anyone moves a bit, your "sniper rifle" throw simply hits where a person used to be, and is no longer currently..
This is why you anticipate where someone is going when throwing your javelin.

Yes javelins are slower then warband but is that supposed to be a bad thing? You're not exactly throwing a javelin like you would if you were to use a string and a ballista which would make it go significant faster. I don't want to go with the whole "realism" argument but i didn't like throwing weapons in warband because they were insanely fast to the point that with a bit of practice you could hit 100%

but i didn't like throwing weapons in warband because they were insanely fast to the point that with a bit of practice you could hit 100%
Yet nobody complained about their state of balance in Warband because there were other game mechanics that comprised the core of combat, and throwing weapons merely existed for most as a tool for trying to get a bit of damage in early engagements.

It might be that because my native experience consisted of naked dudes running around x5 faster then in bannerlord right now it might have been a lot easier because of it
Exactly :grin: The only memory of throwables are those naked throwing axe guys on deathmatch. Besides that you never saw throwables. Thats basically the proof they were big sh*t.

Javs were pretty good and common in competitive matches, especially on nords.
Because they were a free drop from the cav... When people actually had to pay for the throws I remember most people opted not to take them in competitive games because it would often mean not taking something like a spear

Because they were a free drop from the cav... When people actually had to pay for the throws I remember most people opted not to take them in competitive games because it would often mean not taking something like a spear

Not taking javs was 100% a price thing in Warband. You saw them all the time when NA used 1200 and 1500 gold. Many players like Cdjrcxx and Aporta had a reputation as jav kings. Nords were considered a powerhouse faction almost exclusively because of how many Javs they had access to.

Good. Keep them nerfed. This obnoxious throwing meta needs to f*** off. If inf becomes weak because of that nerf, then TW can make Them good. Id rather have a Sword + Spear meta than toxic throwing Weapons that 360 noscope headshots people for 115 dmg with elite sniper accuracy.

Considering how you ready an attack without any thought, he could have just as easily slammed his axe into your face.
If it was a melee attack it would have blocked, since I did press the right mouse button in time. I do those last-second blocks all the time in Warband, and I'm pretty sure it's the same in Bannerlord with a shield pre-1.5.

If it was a melee attack it would have blocked, since I did press the right mouse button in time. I do those last-second blocks all the time in Warband, and I'm pretty sure it's the same in Bannerlord with a shield pre-1.5.
You should have blocked either way. Had he hit your shield, he would have been left completely defenseless. I don't see the point you are trying to prove.

Back
Top Bottom