Users who are viewing this thread

Firunien

#Feedrunien
Grandmaster Knight
The Good

Reduced stack sizes is a good change
The "bump" you get from close up enemies makes kickthrows harder

The Bad

The huge crosshair and long closing time feels terrible because it makes throwables perform way too bad in situations where you follow an archer or get approached by cavalry, also they feel non intuitive

The Ugly

The "bump" is triggered by close´by riding enemy cavalry
The changes to crosshair seem to disappear when mounting a horse

Conclusion
Disable "bump" by horse proximity
At least partially decrease crosshair size and accuracy ready time, throwing weapons got nerfed enough by the other changes(bump,stacksizes), they should feel deadly like before.
The weird behavior on the horse should be a bug ? @NIN3 @AVRC

I strongly disagree with throwables having pre 1.5 accuracy, you shouldn’t be able to confidently hit people from 20m away.

Slightly decreasing accuracy ready time is all that is needed. - people should be able to react to imminent danger by throwing kind of accurately, instead of having crosshair all over the place even 1s after stopping movement or jumping.

Last edited:
My opinion is that readying a throwable, and waiting for it to achieve max accuracy feels way too long, it should be longer than in the live version, that's for sure, but not as long as it is in the current 1.5 beta.

Throwing 1.5 is the biggest overnerf in history of computergames.

Ready time
-its harder to throw at archers that aim at you
-its harder to throw at riders

PLUS

Reduced accuracy in general while walking
-its harder to throw in general, standing still is no real option on skirmish

PLUS

Windup time and weapon switching increased
-harder to switch to throwables when seeing a horse 50 meters away charging at you

PLUS

Damage reduced

PLUS

Ammo reduced
-insanely huge nerf itself. Reducing Pila from 2 to 1 or Aserai Jav from 6 to 4 is huge. This one point alone could have made Empire and Aserai balanced.

PLUS

Bumping close range
-this makes kick throw harder yes but it makes using throwables way harder in general even when not even trying to use kick

And now the worst thing about it. Nerfing throwables this hard is basically an INF NERF. Didnt we all agree that inf was weakest troop?
All the cav nerfs are weird. Reducing armor is nice but why increase HP at the same time? Reducing couch damage is nice but why increase lance damage at the same time? This is like soft nerfing.

But throwing did receive anything but a soft nerft. It got dumped down to warband level. Looks viable but in the end its not. I dont see any reason to take throwables over spear now.

Throwing shouldn't be an infantries main weapon though. It should be a secondary, and it definitely shouldn't be available to every single infantry troop.
Infantry could possibly use a slight buff, but throwing was OP pre-patch and should NOT return to that state again.

I'd be fine with the time needed for the accuracy "charge up" being lowered, but apart from that the changes were desperately needed.

Throwing shouldn't be an infantries main weapon though. It should be a secondary, and it definitely shouldn't be available to every single infantry troop.
Infantry could possibly use a slight buff, but throwing was OP pre-patch and should NOT return to that state again.

I'd be fine with the time needed for the accuracy "charge up" being lowered, but apart from that the changes were desperately needed.
Yeah but if you want to keep throwing heavily nerfed you gotta pull out the biggest infantry buffs ever. Because at first you have to compensate the nerf from OP to normal throwing and then you have to buff inf again because it was the weakest troop even before that.

I do absolutely agree. But I feel that by simply nerfing throwing into the ground, Inf will be nerfed in general compared to the other classes, especially with the cheaper shields breaking quite quickly.

I don't want to see a return to 1.4.2 level of throwing weapon spam. It got so bad sometimes I couldn't literally enter a melee without being made a pincushion of first. It's been pretty refreshing actually being able to fight up close instead of resorting to picking up throwing weapons just to have some part in the fight.

I do think they should have just removed throwing weapons from most classes and lower the quantity right down anyways, that would have fixed the problem much quicker. But I suppose they gotta fill their perk slots somehow.

I strongly disagree with throwables having pre 1.5 accuracy, you shouldn’t be able to confidently hit people from 20m away.

Slightly decreasing accuracy ready time is all that is needed. - people should be able to react to imminent danger by throwing kind of accurately, instead of having crosshair all over the place even 1s after stopping movement or jumping.

+1

And somehow I'm still getting killed by 360 spin jumping throwers. Maybe you haven't figured out how it works yet or maybe I'm just unlucky.

The maximum crosshair size should be made slightly smaller, because it is a little too large atm while moving, but everything else should remain the same. Javelins were previously a tool that required absolutely no thought to use, and as such they became the primary weapon of players who didnt feel like playing infantry as the infantry class.

Javelins are a fun tool, but they should not be the primary weapon.

I also think that the nerf was way too harsh. To begin with, I don't understand why people looked at the throwing mechanic itself. The problem with throwing weapons was their abundance, not the fact that they were too accurate. As a cav player, I too have to deal with some of the insanely accurate inf players that use them. But even then, the only real annoying parts are the fact that people can stock up on them after a fight is over as well as the fact that every inf class gets like 4-6 throwables. Getting taken off by the occasional sniper, who cares....

Reduce the stack sizes and make them break after one or two uses. That's all they need. We don't need to turn every infantry into a paralympics participant. In 1.5 they are just garbage and straight up annoying to use.

I also think that the nerf was way too harsh. To begin with, I don't understand why people looked at the throwing mechanic itself. The problem with throwing weapons was their abundance, not the fact that they were too accurate. As a cav player, I too have to deal with some of the insanely accurate inf players that use them. But even then, the only real annoying parts are the fact that people can stock up on them after a fight is over as well as the fact that every inf class gets like 4-6 throwables. Getting taken off by the occasional sniper, who cares....

Reduce the stack sizes and make them break after one or two uses. That's all they need. We don't need to turn every infantry into a paralympics participant. In 1.5 they are just garbage and straight up annoying to use.
Being bananas accurate at mid range with no minimum range was a huge problem. Throwing Javelins at someones face should not be a preferable melee option instead of your actual melee weapon within 2 metres.

Throwing Javelins at someones face should not be a preferable melee option instead of your actual melee weapon within 2 metres.
100% agreed, but I don't see the accuracy as being the culprit. It's their insane versatility and the fact there is no penalty or restrictions for just switching between them and your weapons as you want. If they needed some time to switch for example, then it would be a concern to have them out while risking to be pushed.

I just don't see how reducing their accuracy any further than 1.4.3 and not making them **** can possibly work out. I just feel like people don't really know what they're blaming when they are seeing the dominance of throwing weapons in-game.

I tried to warn people that throwing accuracy was about the same from Warband when taking into account the much lower projectile speed that Bannerlord has for throwing weapons and that any nerf would probably make them worse than their state in Warband. God forbid we listen to best throws NA! Sad!

100% agreed, but I don't see the accuracy as being the culprit. It's their insane versatility and the fact there is no penalty or restrictions for just switching between them and your weapons as you want. If they needed some time to switch for example, then it would be a concern to have them out while risking to be pushed.

I just don't see how reducing their accuracy any further than 1.4.3 and not making them **** can possibly work out. I just feel like people don't really know what they're blaming when they are seeing the dominance of throwing weapons in-game.
By biggest issue was the lack of minimum range. I was killed multiple times despite having my shield up because the thrower was able to get so close while throwing that he was able to end the throwing animation completely beyond the hotbox of the shield and nail me regardless of it being up.

I tried to warn people that throwing accuracy was about the same from Warband when taking into account the much lower projectile speed that Bannerlord has for throwing weapons and that any nerf would probably make them worse than their state in Warband. God forbid we listen to best throws NA! Sad!
You are exactly right. And people forget that Archers and Cav got tuned up alot in Bannerlord. And Inf got tuned up with throwables. Then the HexaNerf arrived.

If they would only keep the shield bumping it might already be enough balance. This thing alone makes throwables less usefull in close range.

Also I would keep collecting throwables from ground, shields and horses. But from dead bodys you should not be able to retract because then the thing has done its damage.

@AVRC

Positives about 1.5 throwables:

- Stack size reduced!
- TAKES LONGER TO THROW A THROWING WEAPON, REAL NICE. And block delay helps also to prevent not being able to anticipate/block close range throwing weapons. REAL NICE!!

Needs improvement:

- Crosshair is bigger. Too big in the beginning. Or maybe you can keep this crosshair but instead let it go to accurate faster

I see two possible solutions:
- Increase starting accuracy
- Increase speed with which accuracy is improved over time

As for the ''bump'' in close range, I can't say much. Haven't experienced this yet.

Back
Top Bottom