1.5 Impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

My biggest issue right now is how overpowered two handed heavy infantry are. Their only real weakness is being attacked by range weapons. They demolish all other infantry types in combat (which they should) but their two handed axes like the aserai bardiche, the battanian rhomphalia and especially the sturgian heavy axe are too strong against cavalry. It takes only two attacks for them to rip through either the horse or the rider.
Theyre definitly much much stronger than they used to be, but against cavalry, a spear is still your best bet. The 2 new maps are also incredibly closed so they're incredibly efficient. If you catch the cavalry off guard with a two hander, honestly you deserve to slash it to pieces, but if the cavalry and 2 hander are charging at eachother, the cavalry has the advantage

A two hander that gets a good hit on a horse charging right by him should wreck the horse. Even if it is heavily armoured it would still cause a world of pain.

Cav in Bannerlord treat horses like war elephants; just an elevated fighting platform. You still see them wandering through large clumps of enemy infantry and fighting on castle walls and narrow alleys. It is ridiculous.

A two hander that gets a good hit on a horse charging right by him should wreck the horse. Even if it is heavily armoured it would still cause a world of pain.

Cav in Bannerlord treat horses like war elephants; just an elevated fighting platform. You still see them wandering through large clumps of enemy infantry and fighting on castle walls and narrow alleys. It is ridiculous.
The mostly likely thing that would happen in that scenario is that the two hander would go flying out of your hands, and maybe it would be embedded in the horse.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the weapon switching nerf and think it should be reversed/improved on. Why can I still not switch weapons through the number keys?

For example, say I have a spear, throwing axes, and a sword. I'm in a situation where I want to switch weapons from a spear to a sword to handle a close melee situation. I don't want to have to switch from a spear -> throwing weapons -> sword, this takes way too long now, and every time I switch weapons the opponent basically gets a free hit on me. Why not give me the choice to go from spear -> sword with the number keys? What's even more infuriating is that switching weapons will get you killed all the time - especially with throwing weapons, since you can get 'knocked back' while just holding the throwing weapon and another play bumps into you, even while you're not aiming the throwing weapon.. what?

It's completely frustrating and in my opinion adds nothing to the game. Why take away control from the player and the chance for a player to actually react to a new situation. I would suggest adding a way to manually switch to weapons, decrease the amount of time it takes to switch weapons so you can't get cheesed, and remove bumping a player with a throwing weapon while they are not aiming.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the weapon switching nerf and think it should be reversed/improved on. Why can I still not switch weapons through the number keys?

For example, say I have a spear, throwing axes, and a sword. I'm in a situation where I want to switch weapons from a spear to a sword to handle a close melee situation. I don't want to have to switch from a spear -> throwing weapons -> sword, this takes way too long now, and every time I switch weapons the opponent basically gets a free hit on me. Why not give me the choice to go from spear -> sword with the number keys? What's even more infuriating is that switching weapons will get you killed all the time - especially with throwing weapons, since you can get 'knocked back' while just holding the throwing weapon and another play bumps into you, even while you're not aiming the throwing weapon.. what?

It's completely frustrating and in my opinion adds nothing to the game. Why take away control from the player and the chance for a player to actually react to a new situation. I would suggest adding a way to manually switch to weapons, decrease the amount of time it takes to switch weapons so you can't get cheesed, and remove bumping a player with a throwing weapon while they are not aiming.
Uh oh. I was gonna train myself to use the keys. Currently I just limit myself to two weapons for that reason, but I still bump my scroll wheel way too much in combat

The mostly likely thing that would happen in that scenario is that the two hander would go flying out of your hands, and maybe it would be embedded in the horse.
You are right, especially if the barding was a steel plate (probably wouldn't even hurt the horse that much). But also a most likely scenario would be that the lance would break if you couched someone, so we gotta allow some leeway.

LOL

1 pilum? So stupid, cav takes at least 2 to take down and you give them 1....may as well have given them 0, terrible decision

Nerf javs? Great CAV / 2h'ers are even more op now.

**** the aiming system on bow and jav?

Make op 2handers even more op

FORMATIONS IN CAPTAIN MODE STILL GET STUCK ON CAVALRY FORMATIONS WHEN YOU GET ON A HORSE?

Menv still way too fast / op

Most secondary archer units still suck and have been made worse

Seige maps still broken with G timer way too fast

Joke of a games development company. Don't fix tiny little bigs that are massive issues in the game making people leave, and instead nerf things that were fine

Da actual **** is going on at TW?

LOL

1 pilum? So stupid, cav takes at least 2 to take down and you give them 1....may as well have given them 0, terrible decision

FORMATIONS IN CAPTAIN MODE STILL GET STUCK ON CAVALRY FORMATIONS WHEN YOU GET ON A HORSE?

Joke of a games development company. Don't fix tiny little bigs that are massive issues in the game making people leave, and instead nerf things that were fine

You sound angry.

You can use a pilum as a spear and easily stop cav with it. Bow is fine once you get used to it. Yes, still lots of little bugs TaleWorlds are chasing down.

And yes, menv is stupid. Too fast, too long and too wierd to get used to (at least I can't get used to it. I know it moves like a 2 handed sword, but it just looks sooo wrong).

LOL

2h Op? Menavlion Op? Where are these takes coming from, they’re wrong beyond a super casual level

LOL

Pilum was broken last patch. Devs have already said they are adjusting Twohander speed for the next patch. Archery is still very good if you can aim.

The patch improved on a ton of things. Don’t belittle their hard work just because you died to a menavlion. There are more constructive ways to add feedback.

The patch improved on a ton of things. Don’t belittle their hard work just because you died to a menavlion. There are more constructive ways to add feedback.

Wrong again, every time you say anything, wrong. What is wrong with you, seriously.

Pilums were not broken, and you should get 2, looks bad, is bad, with just 1.

Wrong again, every time you say anything, wrong. What is wrong with you, seriously.

Pilums were not broken, and you should get 2, looks bad, is bad, with just 1.
Dude. I dont know what to tell you. Just because you wernt using it to kick-obliterate everyone within 2 feet of your e button doesnt mean it wasnt possible to do so.

It may not have been OP in your hands specifically, but it was definitely overpowered.

I'm still a little confused by the animations. Quite a few times I could have sworn I blocked but I didn't. On the other hand, I also got quite a few hits that I thought I missed.

It's still not as straightforward as Warband, but I suppose it looks better, and, with time,I'll probably get used to it.

Um, a duel server would help (I don't know the password).

Back
Top Bottom