Resolved [1.5] Aiming reticle does not move fast enough/reflect actual precision.

Users who are viewing this thread

So with the new javelin changes in 1.5 I discovered that waiting to let go of the left mouse button when pulling back on a javelin should happen once the pull-back animation has completed. However the aiming reticle is totally off and says my accuracy will be quite awful at that point, it is pretty clear that there is some sort of ceiling on the speed at which the reticle is permitted to shift. and that the actual accuracy changes in excess of that ceiling. Please fix it so the aiming reticle is accurate to what my throw will be like.

Here is a set of 3 round comparisons:

Clicking and throwing the jav immediately

waiting to let go of left mouse once the pull back animation has finished.

^^ when the animation is finished "pulling back" the javelin arm, the reticle is still huge. And that is not the actual weapon accuracy, as you can see the shots are very much clumped together.

this is the point at which I let go of the mouse button, and as the grouping shows, it isn't anywhere as innacurate as the reticle suggests:

Waiting for the aiming reticle to finish moving.

^^ in fact, there is barely any difference in waiting to the end.

Last edited:
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.

With some further testing it has been made clear to me that the reticle does not reflect the accuracy at the time of the mouse being let go, it reflects what the accuracy of the projectile WOULD be if it was actually spawned at that time. This makes the reticle nearly useless, as it is impossible to throw the javelin until the animation has actually reached the release point. May want to remove the reticle accuracy unless it is changed to reflect what your throw will be like if you were to let go of the mouse.

The same throw shows the reticle this large at the time of the javelin's actual spawn:

As I already stated above this is far more in-line with the actual outcome of the jav clusters in terms of accuracy, but it means the reticle reflects the accuracy of a shot you can't make because of animation restrictions. The reticle needs to predict the accuracy of the future shot, not the shot that it COULD have been, if it was allowed to actually throw.

For comparison this is the remaining bit of motion left before the reticle reaches its resting position:

This means that if the reticle is supposed to show how far you are into the throw animation, it is still off, because you cannot throw the javelin before the reticle hits its resting place to begin with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom