1.5.9 Weight gain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Gadheras

Squire
I started a new "sandbox" on 1.5.9... After a while I noticed my character started to gain a bit of a "pot" belly. Is this some new feature? Then later on took part in some tourney and there was other lords in it that also had gained some weight it seems.

My character does a lot of fighting both on foot and horseback. The few times spent in cities is either waiting for smithing stamina to recover or to grow the family.

Do I supply my party to good in the way of food? or what gives?

I don't mind this feature at all but I think its broken. Its very quick and easy to gain weight but very slow and difficult to lose it. Is it even possible to lose the weight you put on? good thing they implemented an override function.

I don't mind this feature at all but I think its broken. Its very quick and easy to gain weight but very slow and difficult to lose it. Is it even possible to lose the weight you put on? good thing they implemented an override function.

Override function?

Yeah, you can change your mc's weight in the character creation screen. Press V.

It's bugged or something... When increase the weight to max, get like thicc alright, lol, but if decrease the weight, it looks like the character is pregnant, carry some devil spawn or something, lol.

It's bugged or something... When increase the weight to max, get like thicc alright, lol, but if decrease the weight, it looks like the character is pregnant, carry some devil spawn or something, lol.
Haha, I try to keep my character as thin as possible. Thicc boys don't look good in armour.

Hopefully it's tweaked. Maybe certain characters could be more gluttonous depending on their traits. Would be cool if beards and hair grew over time too.

Last edited:
Characters start putting on weight when they enter a city, and for the next two days after leaving the city (well fed). I think this is a little harsh and it should be shorter time after leaving a city, as it penalises you for doing essential things like managing your garrisons etc.

So if you enter a city on average inside every two days, you'll put on weight.

Characters start putting on weight when they enter a city, and for the next two days after leaving the city (well fed). I think this is a little harsh and it should be shorter time after leaving a city, as it penalises you for doing essential things like managing your garrisons etc.

So if you enter a city on average inside every two days, you'll put on weight.
That's way too much. I often wait inside a city for a much longer time than that, so I'm gonna end up with a massive character every time.

My character got all chubby out of nowhere too, but this happened before this patch, I had to make my character run in the main map for a week to get him to his previous state

I'm still can't understand why dynamic weight gain is even a thing at this stage of the game's development. Its such a fluff feature. Sure, it could add to the immersion if it worked well, but its like the very last thing they should be adding after every other thing in the game is fully finished. Why implement a purely cosmetic feature in such a rushed and untested state from the start, where all it does is irritate players?

@TaleWorlds, in case you haven't figured it out by now, players really care about the appearance of their characters. Like, a lot. Don't add stupid features that do nothing but make our characters look like doughy lumps of cheese for no reason.

I'm still can't understand why dynamic weight gain is even a thing at this stage of the game's development. Its such a fluff feature. Sure, it could add to the immersion if it worked well, but its like the very last thing they should be adding after every other thing in the game is fully finished. Why implement a purely cosmetic feature in such a rushed and untested state from the start, where all it does is irritate players?

@TaleWorlds, in case you haven't figured it out by now, players really care about the appearance of their characters. Like, a lot. Don't add stupid features that do nothing but make our characters look like doughy lumps of cheese for no reason.
Yeah, not even trying to be negative about the feature but it's now another thing that'll be fiddled with in each patch, or not looked at again for ages.

Yeah, not even trying to be negative about the feature but it's now another thing that'll be fiddled with in each patch, or not looked at again for ages.
I'm sure they won't even look at it since its a minor feature with no gameplay impact. But if its so unimportant that its not worth the time to fix it at this time, then it doesn't belong in the game at this time. Take it out and re-implement it later when there's time to properly focus on it and get it right. And that goes for many other poorly implemented features in the game as well.

If you got high athletics skill, and run like a mofo over the battlefield, and look like a tubby, it's a bit hillarious though.

The thing is that the player isn't doing anything to get into that state, the player doesn't chooses to eat all that food, the player just does activities normally, now if the player did something to get into that state willingly it's another case

The thing is that the player isn't doing anything to get into that state, the player doesn't chooses to eat all that food, the player just does activities normally, now if the player did something to get into that state willingly it's another case

The build variable works well. The more you fight, the better your build.

I think the weight one would work better if it kicked in if you spend more than a day in a city. That way it's not punishing you for visiting the market, it's punishing you for sitting around doing nothing.

The build variable works well. The more you fight, the better your build.

I think the weight one would work better if it kicked in if you spend more than a day in a city. That way it's not punishing you for visiting the market, it's punishing you for sitting around doing nothing.
Tried to grow your "family" in this game? you could be sitting a month in a town waiting for the "prego" notice. lol.

Back
Top Bottom