1.5.9 Ok where are the Crossbows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just simple as that. After a long time we have our Noble Bows back and also High End Armor appeared in the shops of the towns. Now I play my first Crossbow playthrough... guess what its year 1092 and the Bound Crossbow can nowhere be found, all other stuff is since 1090 in the market. Only the "Arlabest"(?) and the Hickory Crossbow can be found. Is it only a Problem in my Game or do you have recognized it also?

Arebalest and hickory Xbow eventually show up, not sure what the hold up is but they did begin to appear eventually, but I agree I didn't see any but light xbow for a long time.

Edit: I see you want hat bound Xbow, haven't seen it either :sad:
TW, just delete economy and put all items in the store. Bots don't even have to go to the store, what's the point of it all, just annoy player?

I thought hickory is the final upgrade, still did not buy it cuz has not touch the perk any crossbow used on horse back. This game is quite unfinished.

I’ve seen it mentioned that high end armor requires (1) specific town prosperity, (2) specific workshops (armorer), and (3) the right inputs (like iron, etc.). And then there’s a regular chance of producing high end gear. I’d guess it’s the something similar for weapons?

I’ve seen it mentioned that high end armor requires (1) specific town prosperity, (2) specific workshops (armorer), and (3) the right inputs (like iron, etc.). And then there’s a regular chance of producing high end gear. I’d guess it’s the something similar for weapons?
Neat if true

Just simple as that. After a long time we have our Noble Bows back and also High End Armor appeared in the shops of the towns. Now I play my first Crossbow playthrough... guess what its year 1092 and the Bound Crossbow can nowhere be found, all other stuff is since 1090 in the market. Only the "Arlabest"(?) and the Hickory Crossbow can be found. Is it only a Problem in my Game or do you have recognized it also?
Crossbows for the player aren't implemented yet.
They are fine to clear hideouts for a non-combat build or as a tool to level riding/athletics on day 1.

I know the code.., programmed a lot in it since 1.4, also found a way to adjust the prices so that they appear (regarding high end armor instead of 500k, 70k or 80k instead) but with every knew update I have to do it again. Than I've gotten a response of @SadShogun that they will implemented regardless of their price value but dependend on workshop and prosperity. For the bows and the armor it is now finished... But it goes on my nerve that they haven't done it for all the high quality equipment. Feels like a half cooked bakon to me. I don't want to change the code anymore... again and again after every update.

Edit: Romphalia and Warrazor are also missing in shops

That's was my solution in the past for the not appearing armors and bows
Thread 'Armors/weapons are still to expensive here a Suggestion' https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-still-to-expensive-here-a-suggestion.435146/

Last edited:
Somehow I missed my ping the first time this thread came around, but I took a look and it turns out there's a bug that's preventing 5 different types of crossbows and a variety of other gear from spawning in towns. Most gear in this game is culture specific, but there are certain items that don't have an associated culture (like noble bows), and usually the culture for these items is not specified in the xmls and gets set as 'null.' When selecting an item to produce, the game will pick an item either that matches the town's culture, or an item with a null culture.

2DYt6.png

Well for whatever reason, a handful of items in the spitems xmls are instead given a "neutral_culture" tag, including the bound crossbow, and these items get labelled as "Calradian" culture in the code.

yjbPd.png
ncnOj.png

Since "Calradian" is niether null nor a valid culture of a town, then the items with that tag are blocked from ever getting chosen to be produced by workshops. If those tags are removed from the item in the xmls by using Ctrl + F for "neutral_culture" and deleting the line, then those items will begin to spawn in towns again.

_yQ8j.png

So I'll go ahead and report this, but in the meantime, you can solve this by going into the weapons.xml file in the Sandbox Core/ModuleData/spitems folder and delete everything that's in the red box shown in the second image above. If no culture is specified, then the game assigns 'null' to the items culture. There are other instances of this in the other equipment files too if you want to take a look.

Than I've gotten a response of @SadShogun that they will implemented regardless of their price value but dependend on workshop and prosperity. For the bows and the armor it is now finished...
Btw Medivhtratos, what exactly did you mean by this? Prosperity is no longer a factor for any equipment production from what I can tell, including bows and armor.

Why can't our hero just enter any workshop and make custom order? Thats how business worked in those olden times, before miracles of standardisation, machine tooling and mass production happened.

Somehow I missed my ping the first time this thread came around, but I took a look and it turns out there's a bug that's preventing 5 different types of crossbows and a variety of other gear from spawning in towns. Most gear in this game is culture specific, but there are certain items that don't have an associated culture (like noble bows), and usually the culture for these items is not specified in the xmls and gets set as 'null.' When selecting an item to produce, the game will pick an item either that matches the town's culture, or an item with a null culture.

2DYt6.png

Well for whatever reason, a handful of items in the spitems xmls are instead given a "neutral_culture" tag, including the bound crossbow, and these items get labelled as "Calradian" culture in the code.
It's as if two different people worked on this, each having his own implementation of uncultured items and one of them didn't notice what the guy before him did - does that sound right? This stuff would not have happened with good devs or code reviews.
You are doing Lord's work, as always (a bit like Lord's Resistance Army, but without the children, hopefully).

Last edited:

2DYt6.png

yjbPd.png
ncnOj.png

Since "Calradian" is niether null nor a valid culture of a town, then the items with that tag are blocked from ever getting chosen to be produced by workshops. If those tags are removed from the item in the xmls by using Ctrl + F for "neutral_culture" and deleting the line, then those items will begin to spawn in towns again.

_yQ8j.png

So I'll go ahead and report this, but in the meantime, you can solve this by going into the weapons.xml file in the Sandbox Core/ModuleData/spitems folder and delete everything that's in the red box shown in the second image above. If no culture is specified, then the game assigns 'null' to the items culture. There are other instances of this in the other equipment files too if you want to take a look.

Btw Medivhtratos, what exactly did you mean by this? Prosperity is no longer a factor for any equipment production from what I can tell, including bows and armor.
Found his answer
Post in thread 'Not enough equipment for sale' https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/not-enough-equipment-for-sale.434663/post-9595702

Just to follow up, they were already aware of this issue. From the way I understand it, the items were intentionally removed while they did some testing on workshop production issues surrounding high priced items and reimplementing them was something that was already in the pipeline. I have word that they will be added back Soon™ though (along with the rest of the missing calradian/neutral items).

Crossbows and the rest of the missing items have been added back. Bolts have not changed and are still mostly identical.

Along with camel saddles they're probably on the "later" pile...

Although unlike camel saddles, I think any tweaks to crossbow bolts could have major impacts on balance - given the number of crossbow dependent units across two factions, and how one faction is entirely dependent on them for missiles.

That said, I still can't wait until there are different bolts.

Back
Top Bottom