1.5.9, Javelin economy and other issues still ongoing

Users who are viewing this thread

The javelin exploit has been around since day 1 if I'm not mistaken, which was over a year ago. Is it THAT hard to put a cap on the javelin price? I understand priorities and development delays, but this seems like a 1 line of code fix.
I'm still getting 119k or something for javelins now and no one can even buy them so I trade for maxed out gear.

I tried to use this exploit to counter-act the ridiculous price to turn a Lord to your kingdom. But after getting through the persuasion checks, 30 javelins still wasn't enough to get him to my side. I have no idea how people achieve this without exploits.

I'd very much like to see a max-price cap on crafted items. Until then I just avoid the blacksmithing system like the plague; fortunately as it isn't exactly the quickest thing to get up and running - it is easy to ignore but still a shame. i'd like to use it for its intended purpose (to make custom items) - but can't see myself enjoying a game with unlimited funds.

Javelins are worth alot if crafted? I thought we could only create melee weapons :eek: never actually looked at any of the categories lol
All crafted weapons are worth insane amounts when you are high-tier; javelins are just easy to make (low cost, high reward).

it's all a bit crazy; they just need to rework the blacksmith economy - and honestly a max value cap would be a dumb fix - but it would be a fix none the less.

Honestly, I feel crafted weapons netting alot of money would be fair. If you made some form of masterpiece or something. A weapon almost a piece of art and perfect in every shape or form. Getting a weeks worth of upkeep for my troops because I just banged together some of the metal I got from melting some hoes feels off and I dont think is the intention.

They really do need to fix lord recruitment & passive income sources being inefficient in order to make javelin cheesing less necessary. Then the only other large source of income is gear from mainly lord battles which doesn't really encourage meaningful roleplaying outside of warlord/javelinsmith.
It's like javelins are the passive income we actually need to combat the AI lord's complete lack of upkeep as they constantly raid our villages and have no respawn time after you've wiped their party. It's just another weird hurdle for having a good time making your own kingdom, imo

They really do need to fix lord recruitment & passive income sources being inefficient in order to make javelin cheesing less necessary. Then the only other large source of income is gear from mainly lord battles which doesn't really encourage meaningful roleplaying outside of warlord/javelinsmith.
It's like javelins are the passive income we actually need to combat the AI lord's complete lack of upkeep as they constantly raid our villages and have no respawn time after you've wiped their party. It's just another weird hurdle for having a good time making your own kingdom, imo
Honestly id wish there were actual effective methods of preventing that from happening. When my faction is at war; which is always.... Im spending 99% of my time playing whack a mole. I crush an enemy lord party. Sometimes I capture them and when I come back to the sandbox map theyve already escaped. Other times I put them in a castle or garrison and randomply they get randomsed back to freedom and 5 minutes later theyre back raiding my villages.... -_-

I think the only solution would be to lob off a few heads but id have to kill off at least a dozen lords, if not more and im not sure if my reputation could survive that lol

You just have to put enough of them into castle / town dungens. You can capture 6-12 lords per battle (1K vs 1K army) Once you jail 20-30 lords enemy is vissibly weakened.

I think OP tried to recruit a top tier Lord and is blaming the dev that it is not that easy.
I agree that lower tier clans are a bit too much pricy, I see no actual problems to have at least +250k denars when trying to persuade with that Clan 6 on 10.000 strength Khuzaits.

Long story short, it isn't explicit in the game that prices can vary, so in my honest opinion devs should examinate their so called Encyclopedia and add some entries as soon as possible to explain their actual design to the players.
It's easier to aim for weaker clans ( maybe solo-lord clans for starters ) and weakers Kingdoms without any Javelin exploit.

The more fiefs your kingdom has, the cheaper vassals are to recruit. They can still be insanely expensive mind you, but the size of your kingdom and the number of vassals your kingdom already has are both factors in the formula.

Javelins are the new currency of Calradia.
lol. Like Warren Buffet said; He doesn't care what the currency is. It can be seashells. There's still value in it. We now use javelins as the new currency. Mongols be changing from: "How many horses does he have?" to "How many javelins does he have?"

They have done a bit of balancing of equipment pricing in 1.5.10, it now seems based more closely off the actual components that go into making the weapon, eg, a polearm that uses all fine steel will now sell for around 50k, javelins sit around 16k.
And the escaping prisoners is a lot better in 1.5.10 now to, and you can hold them and refuse to ransom them for quite a long time, if you have the perks you can basically hold them indefinitely.

So have you or other posters here tried it out in a 1.5.10 game? I think they were supposed to cut down on the sell price of crafted stuff. Haven't crafted in 1.5.10 myself though.
Its been a while since I played, but last time i was on 1.5.10 and javelins were still OP.

Back
Top Bottom