Resolved 1.5.9 Campaign map lag due to unchecked bandit parties?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Gadheras

Squire
I started a new sandbox campaign on 1.5.9. Currently where you could say late game, tied up fighting other factions. I started notice I got more and more lag on the campaign map and fps drop. All the way down to like 12-15 fps at places. Meanwhile in battles maintain 50-60fps, maybe dipping down into 40's with my current settings. (Siege's a different tale though, which I blame on huge numbers of troops bog down in the same area).

Started to wander through the lands, and found places with several bandit hideouts clustered close together, sometimes even 4-5 of them very tight and the area's was flooding with bandit parties. This is the only thing I can think of that is causing this much lag to the campaign map. I think you need to dial back the a notch. Because AI Lord's seems to have little interest in fight bandit parties, and bandit's doesn't seem to fight between themselves (which would made sense if they did). This end up snowball like crazy.

Maybe make bandit hideouts spawn less parties, but make them bigger over time. And don't spawn several bandit hideouts almost on top of each other.

Computer Specs:
GPU: 1060 gtx 6gb
GPU Driver Version: 465.89
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: x470-F ROG STRIX.
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Uploaded save file.

I did start a new campaign just to make sure it wasn't any fault due to updating graphics drivers. But on a new campaign fresh start I get 60fps no problem on the campaign map moving around. In the save upload it have dipped all the way down to 12ish. If zooming out on the map makes it far worse.

Haven't tried to run that save on 1.5.8 no. My internet connection is not the greatest, to revert back to 1.5.8 is not just done in the snap of my fingers sadly... :/

Hi Gadheras,

I'm wondering if you have the same issue with me: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...t-displayed-vs-displayed.441054/#post-9668765

One way to test this is to place your mouse over a party or city until tooltip shows up, if FPS comes back, it's the same issue.

It looks like late game FPS drop is common across players. From my limited testing, bandit parties stays around 600 and total number of parties stays around 1900 in my late game. However, 1700 parties can be reached in the early game by manually adjusting player levels. And FPS doesn't drop as much.

Hi Gadheras,

I'm wondering if you have the same issue with me: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...t-displayed-vs-displayed.441054/#post-9668765

One way to test this is to place your mouse over a party or city until tooltip shows up, if FPS comes back, it's the same issue.

It looks like late game FPS drop is common across players. From my limited testing, bandit parties stays around 600 and total number of parties stays around 1900 in my late game. However, 1700 parties can be reached in the early game by manually adjusting player levels. And FPS doesn't drop as much.

Jupp. If I move pointer over a city, village, other parties etc.. to bring up tool tip, fps rocket back up to 60. I thought maybe it was due to huge numbers of bandit parties. Like in the Northern part of Valandia, there was probably 100+ parties running around in small confined space. No villagers made it to market that day :/ I snailed around on the map doing bandit hideouts back to back and trying to clear up as many parties I could, but didn't really have any impact at all.

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

The issue already been found though, per last few posts in this thread and other with similar topics.

If you move the mouse pointer over something so you get the tooltip up, the fps goes back to normal and you move around at full speed again. Once tooltip closes, the fps tank again. You can't really play with try to keep tooltip open at all times when moving around though. and with fps tanking into lower double digit range, that is unplayable too.

This issue should be fixed. To confirm, can you capture a telemetry data for us so that we can see the data and compare them?

This issue should be fixed. To confirm, can you capture a telemetry data for us so that we can see the data and compare them?

I did abandon that campaign and moved onto a new one with 1.5.10. If it happens again I will let you know, but so far no such issues and progressed further on my current 1.5.10 campaign than I had on that 1.5.9.when the fps tanked on world map.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom