1.5.9. Beta Milita Not Fighting Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

LyonExodus

Veteran
The 1.5.9. is a stable one for sure but some problems are still present as expected in a beta. Many of those problems were encountered during Sieges. not only related to AI.
We all know sieges are far from perfect but it's worrying when things, for some reason, get worse ending up in breaking, at times, the balance of the game.

Milita Bug: In this case Milita doesn't fight, the first part was cut from the video since it can't be seen on the map but roughly speaking the town is sieged by an Empire army (around 900 leaving 700 after the Siege) the town had around 270 militia defending and a Decent Garrison of around 200 defendinf it.

After the Empire started the Siege it finished real quick and the Milita was left in the Town still at 270.
After getting back to the town and starting the Siege myself Milita is still unwilling to fight and doesn't even show up in the fight (even fighting on your side at times).

Part I : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/968723815?filter=highlights&sort=time
Part II : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/968727356?filter=highlights&sort=time

I want to point out that this bug is not just Visual since it did happen in another scenario where my Town with 300 Milita was sieged in seconds by an army and once the town was taken Militia was still in there.

Last edited:
@LyonExodus hey you should really post these on the official technical bug report section of the forum, it will be processed much faster that way.

Will do. haven't done any posting before so i am not used to use the forum efficiently.

If it does help a member of the QA team should already know about this since we had a chat in a twitch channel. This was just for providing more solid evidence.

The 1.5.9. is a stable one for sure but some problems are still present as expected in a beta. Many of those problems were encountered during Sieges. not only related to AI.
We all know sieges are far from perfect but it's worrying when things, for some reason, get worse ending up in breaking, at times, the balance of the game.

Milita Bug: In this case Milita doesn't fight, the first part was cut from the video since it can't be seen on the map but roughly speaking the town is sieged by an Empire army (around 900 leaving 700 after the Siege) the town had around 270 militia defending and a Decent Garrison of around 200 defendinf it.

After the Empire started the Siege it finished real quick and the Milita was left in the Town still at 270.
After getting back to the town and starting the Siege myself Milita is still unwilling to fight and doesn't even show up in the fight (even fighting on your side at times).

Part I : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/968723815?filter=highlights&sort=time
Part II : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/968727356?filter=highlights&sort=time

I want to point out that this bug is not just Visual since it did happen in another scenario where my Town with 300 Milita was sieged in seconds by an army and once the town was taken Militia was still in there.
I can't watch those because you've marked them as adult and I'm not able to log int twitch ATM.
What was the LOYALTY of the towns? If the loyalty is low they do not fight to defend the town and remain in tacked as it changes hands. The AI seems to know this and will aggressively attack low loyalty towns. This is working as intended if it's due to low loyalty.

I can't watch those because you've marked them as adult and I'm not able to log int twitch ATM.
What was the LOYALTY of the towns? If the loyalty is low they do not fight to defend the town and remain in tacked as it changes hands. The AI seems to know this and will aggressively attack low loyalty towns. This is working as intended if it's due to low loyalty.
During the First siege (performed by player. Town was Lageta owned by Empire and Empire clan. villages raided, don't think this last bit is enough to cause Militia to riot) the militia did not fight. Empire takes the town back almost immediately (militia still doesn't fight). Then the town is raided back again by the Player. (militia still doesn't fight) remaining Loyalty at the end was 29,4 which is not in rebellion territory.
Still that number is after 3 whole sieges so i think on the very first siege must have been around 60. i haven't found anything confirming if this is supposed to be intended so i would rather wait for confirmation by Devs.

Your point sounds about right and it could be a feature (if it's not already) but i don't think this is the case unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom