Resolved 1.5.9: After capturing a rebelled city, former owners still think the city is theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Antaeus

Squire
Summary:
- The city of Myzea rebelled against the Khuzaits.
- As an independent, I then attacked the rebels and took the city. I now own the city as an independent.
- Now the Khuzaits are at war with Asari, and they are donating their Asari prisoners to my prison in Myzea as if they still owned the city.
- I am not at war with Asari, in fact I have great relations with them, but I am now having to keep going back to the city to release the prisoners.

How to Reproduce:
Capture a rebel city, wait for the former owners to go to war with a third party, sooner or later one of their nobles will donate prisoners to the city.

Supporting screenshot:
sGdRrFj.jpg

Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

No problem, uploaded.

I didn't have the exact save from the screenshot above, but after looking back, I found another spot with 4 characters I'm not at war with in my prison, all donated by the former owner of the city Myzea (Khuzaits), after I took control of the city by defeating the rebels as an independent.

Save file opens up at prison screen in my city, with 2 Northern Empire and 2 minor clan nobles. Neither of which I'm at war with.

I'm unsure, but I suspect something strange is going on when factions make peace too - the prisoners might be getting released from my prison. But I'll have to get double check and get back to you on that one.

Got the file. Forwarded to QA. Thanks!
Further to this bug...

I've noticed that I'm receiving a constant stream of ransom payments. So it seems that there is a steady flow of nobles being deposited in my cities. It is feeling like something exploitable, as my coffers are definitely benefiting.

Last edited:
Apologies for not responding, I went on a month long road trip - which was great btw - I haven't seen this bug since I upgraded to 1.5.10. However I'll keep an eye on things and get back to you if it begins again.

Until then you're welcome to mark the topic as resolved.

Back
Top Bottom