1.5.8 For me I have deemed unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread

Vycwulf

Recruit
Did a complete uninstall of everything on my computer pertaining to Bannerlord 2. Did a fresh install. Started a new game. New game started out ok, but pretty soon I ran out of looters.......period. Only things I could find to fight was the F ton of sea raiders in Valandia. Needless to say the initial attack on my little 20 beginner member party by 5 different bands of sea raiders and many more in the area was enough for me to just flat turn off the game.

I did the complete wipe of Bannerlord 2 on my computer because I started a new game yesterday as well. Yesterday the only outlaw mobs anywhere were looters. Only place you could find any of the other outlaw mobs were in hideouts. The reason I did it though was I had just made clan tier 3 and wanted to find another companion. Hit the encyclopedia and the only wandering nobles were already in my party. It listed no others. I actually went to every tavern in the game and yep, nobody was there.

I did notice a big lack of hostility everywhere I went as well, but truthfully didn't pay that much attention to it because I was still trying to train an army and with the abundance of looters was concentrated on that til I hit clan tier 3. Went around checking all the towns and noticed that for the most part the whole map had very few parties and never ran into a siege, anywhere.

Welp, time to revert back to 1.5.7 for me if I want to play the game. Cheers

All I can find is looters, not bandits except inside hideouts(for story). Having other serious issues I've reported too, but gonna keep playing incase there's more bug to report, so they can get patched sooner.

I actually decided to keep playing a bit as well. Just ran into a group of bandits labeled Sea raiders but had mountain bandit colors on the icon. Attacked it and sure enough, it was mountain bandits. Have also seen a couple of lords parties zip across the screen so fast that if you blinked your eyes, you missed it.
I call right now the sea raider challenge, trying to keep a tiny party alive in a sea of.....well, Sea Raiders in Valandia. I call my save on this playthrough Raidercon V

There is one bright side to this buggy mess. Since the sea raiders destroy and loot every caravan coming into the area food and trade goods are not a problem :smile:

Last edited:
I logged in to forums just now thinking of making a thread with a very similar title.

This update is a huge step backwards. Steppe Bandit swarms, units change formation when you give them a move order, missing icons, bad cursor symbol, by the way, it doesn't seem to realize you have caravans, so you can exceed the limit, but then the swarms of bandits take caravans out (even parties of 150 can face challenges). Many many bugs that cumulatively are killing this beta version. I have to think something went wrong with the upgrade process as these all show up very quickly. Any testing in house should have revealed the new beta isn't in a playable state, so that makes me think the issue is with the download and upgrade to existing versions.

Talewords, you've been doing a great job with the development of this game, but something went very wrong with this update. You might want to consider withdrawing it from being downloadable until you patch it, or if possible, can you set up a download to revert everything back to 1.5.7 please?

I don't know whether I should take a break until the issues are fixed, uninstall and re-install the game (does 1.5.8 work if installed as a fresh install???).

I logged in to forums just now thinking of making a thread with a very similar title.

This update is a huge step backwards.
Talewords, you've been doing a great job with the development of this game, but something went very wrong with this update. You might want to consider withdrawing it from being downloadable until you patch it, or if possible, can you set up a download to revert everything back to 1.5.7 please?

I don't know whether I should take a break until the issues are fixed, uninstall and re-install the game (does 1.5.8 work if installed as a fresh install???).
This has happened before (I do think TW have some issues with package/deployment quality control). The issues with bandits, icons and disappearing NPCs will be quickly hotfixed and then we can properly test the newer features and general gameplay/balance.

If you're on Steam, you can revert to 1.5.7 in the beta list (or temporarily opting out of betas).

It would be easy for them to see these issues if someone actually took the time to play a campaign from the beginning up until mid to late game, but my guess is that its more economically viable for them to release these broken betas and let the community find the problems.

Btw, the main quest line doesn't even work in beta 1.5.8. You can't find the npcs that you are supposed to meet.

It would be easy for them to see these issues if someone actually took the time to play a campaign from the beginning up until mid to late game, but my guess is that its more economically viable for them to release these broken betas and let the community find the problems.

Btw, the main quest line doesn't even work in beta 1.5.8. You can't find the npcs that you are supposed to meet.
That's not really how testing works, though. Bugs get raised by us or TW testers, get reproduced by TW testers and then fixed (or not) - and the testers have to test the fixes. They don't employ 50 people sitting around playing the game in the same way players do.

Missing quest characters is raised and being looked at. Arzagos/Istiana/loads of wanderers disappear if you haven't previously interacted with them.

That's not really how testing works, though. Bugs get raised by us or TW testers, get reproduced by TW testers and then fixed (or not) - and the testers have to test the fixes. They don't employ 50 people sitting around playing the game in the same way players do.

Missing quest characters is raised and being looked at. Arzagos/Istiana/loads of wanderers disappear if you haven't previously interacted with them.
That's pretty much what i said... but with different words :smile:

Pretty curious if it has something to do with the AI lords being more likely to kill bandits, or if it is just related to less bandits spawning. If it is related to the first thing, it is great that the AI now focuses more on bandits, and increasing the bandits spawn chance is probably the best way to deal with this new issue.

Pretty curious if it has something to do with the AI lords being more likely to kill bandits, or if it is just related to less bandits spawning. If it is related to the first thing, it is great that the AI now focuses more on bandits, and increasing the bandits spawn chance is probably the best way to deal with this new issue.
Some people are seeing very few bandits, some are seeing huge swarms of them. Something has been tweaked :smile:.

it is just unplayable...

It is becoming hard to understood how they are managing this project, game mechanics which are the oposite which the franchise was ofering in previous releases, extremaly poor release testing, slow developement ...

Like we said in spanish they seem to be a 'chicken running without head'.

Yep, running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Good analogy. Biggest problem is there is no way to test out anything that's been added with this patch with what this patch broke. Puts everything, including Taleworlds back. As much as everyone wants patches Now Now Now I must suggest scheduling beta releases for a Monday so there is time to test it and fix glaring issues by the weekend. Since I bought this on steam I am just going to revert to 1.5.7. From what I've read on the forums not everyone can do that, depending on where they bought it.

Back
Top Bottom