1.5.8 Companions not spawning

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all,

Just wanted to post this as i see no other threads about it. I have been playing the 1.5.8 Beta branch, among other bug's the worst one for me is the Companions not spawning.. and the Companion list only has 6 people on it, Taverns are empty also so they are 100% not spawning.

Anyway thanks for your time..

Hello all,

Just wanted to post this as i see no other threads about it. I have been playing the 1.5.8 Beta branch, among other bug's the worst one for me is the Companions not spawning.. and the Companion list only has 6 people on it, Taverns are empty also so they are 100% not spawning.

Anyway thanks for your time..
Lookdown? Seriously, run from that patch if you want to do more than find issues, or wait for a fix, the game is almost unplayable wit 1.5.8.

It has been reported in the bugs forum several times and marked 'in progress' (also affects two main quest characters).

(It seems technically that they do spawn, but every time you 'load', any potential companions you haven't previously met/seen (?) get deleted.)

Last edited:
The main question is: why are you playing the beta version instead of the main one?
The main version (1.5.7) is intended for the regular game, while the beta version (1.5.:cool: is mainly to test the game with the new upcoming features.
If you really want to play the Beta to help reporting bugs you can use the Techincal Support Section, where your reports can be useful.
If you don't want to waste your time with all those annoying bugs (your right) you can just play the main branch (1.5.7) that has much less issues than the beta patch.

I reported this with a .sav. It's unclear to me if they are actually permanently deleted or are just sometimes despawned or hidden from the player.

The main question is: why are you playing the beta version instead of the main one?
Because if everything isn't reported then every single bug will get put into stable and there won't be a stable anymore :razz:

IME multiple reports and complaints are good because in the past many bugs, though reported fell through the cracks and wiggled into stable.
Sometimes people report but don't fallow through with requested info. Sometimes they are too vague or use confusing terminology.

The main version (1.5.7) is intended for the regular game, while the beta version (1.5.:cool: is mainly to test the game with the new upcoming features.
If you really want to play the Beta to help reporting bugs you can use the Techincal Support Section, where your reports can be useful.
If you don't want to waste your time with all those annoying bugs (your right) you can just play the main branch (1.5.7) that has much less issues than the beta patch.I like playing the newest content, Bug's and such are not a problem for me, I'm new to these forums and i was just giving feed back. In future ill use the correct forum thanks for your post!

There's a huge difference between complaints and reports.
Complaints are useless, because to solve a bug you have to find it inside the code and find what exactly causes it, and it's not easy. Every player has the right to be disappointed by the current status of the game and to show it, but it leads nowhere to write in every single post, every single comment what you hate; it's really annoying to see that players remember there is a forum/community only when they need to let off steam.

The best thing we players can do is to write a good report, putting useful informations inside with the useful game files.
If I don't want to do these things, I can just play the game or don't play it, recommend it to my friends or tell them to wait for now.
Writing random stuff in random topics it's not useful to devs, 'cause they know problems and they know they have to work so much, and it's not useful to us players, 'because often we annoy other players and we create a place that is not pleasant to be.

There's a huge difference between complaints and reports.
Complaints are useless, because to solve a bug you have to find it inside the code and find what exactly causes it, and it's not easy. Every player has the right to be disappointed by the current status of the game and to show it, but it leads nowhere to write in every single post, every single comment what you hate; it's really annoying to see that players remember there is a forum/community only when they need to let off steam.

The best thing we players can do is to write a good report, putting useful informations inside with the useful game files.
If I don't want to do these things, I can just play the game or don't play it, recommend it to my friends or tell them to wait for now.
Writing random stuff in random topics it's not useful to devs, 'cause they know problems and they know they have to work so much, and it's not useful to us players, 'because often we annoy other players and we create a place that is not pleasant to be.
A lot those stuff could be prevented if TW would test their new releases internally for like 2-3 hours.

Sure, the newest version is for testing stuff but those obvious game breaking bugs shouldn´t be there in the first place. Those aren´t bugs that just occur under some special circumstances.

But it seems more like that they just throw in a lot changes from different devs and just go for it. That´s not how you should do it in my opinion.

I agree that bugs and issues need to be reported with .sav on the tech boards, but I don't think complaints elsewhere are useless. Having complaints pile up can give a clear indication of the prevalence of certain problems. What's more, many things may not be actual bugs and so reports may get ignored, but persistent complaints can get across that "this design choice causes problems and frustration for many many players".

A lot those stuff could be prevented if TW would test their new releases internally for like 2-3 hours.

This 100%. I always wonder how the hell did no one play this for literally 2 hours before releasing the beta. Most of the issues would have been identified

Incompetence at it's best

Incompetence at it's best
It´s not incompetence, they just don´t care. Why should they? You bought the game already as I did.

We are alpha testers for them, alpha testers who paid them to test it.

From a company point of view this is awesome! Usually good companies pay alpha testers. Testing stuff in software develpoment is a job but when it comes down to games they just let us (the players) pay them to do it. TW isn´t different than Electronic Arts when it comes down to this.

But to be fair, Electronic Arts has a better quality assurance which is not hard. EA would have fixed those game breaking bugs the next day and would have apologized to their paying customers for this mess.

Armagan is too busy counting money I guess.

Last edited:
True alpha players (not part of dev group) can be contracted but it is not at all like you would see here. You'd go through same segment dozens of times and document it with the added fun of deadlines to get it done in X time with Y notes. You can't document meandering through a sandbox for several hours in a meaningful way therefore contracts are not setup for that. You use early access players to do that.

Back
Top Bottom