Resolved 1.5.8 beta - NPCs (wanderers/Arzagos/Istiana) disappear from game started on 1.5.7 - Save Game Breaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I mean they are busy fixing the real issue's of the game LUL (Fixed an issue that caused DLSS results to look slightly blurry.) Who needs companions and a story to follow when we can have nice looking graphic's haHAA

No wanderers to recruit literally makes the game unplayable for 99% of gamers.
I don't give a f**k about DLSS and all those minor graphic issues, cuz they won't break the game at least.

Last edited:
No wanderers to recruit literally makes the game unplayable for 99% of gamers.
I don't give a f**k about DLSS and all those minor graphic issues, cuz they won't break the game at least.
Different people work on different things. That is how it is in teams. You don't want a plumber to fix your car engine do you?

I don't know if it's related, but in my current (fresh) 1.5.8 campaign. There been no revolts and spawn of independent lords anywhere either. And this after a good while, reached clan level 4. Typical cities that ended up revolt on my 1.5.7 campaign, haven't at all.

Different people work on different things. That is how it is in teams. You don't want a plumber to fix your car engine do you?
Does it take a Plumber 2 weeks to find a leak and fix it ? or a machinic 2 weeks to change the oli on my car >?>>>>> I do not think so LUL stop being a white knight and wake up they are taking far too long to fix simple task's.....

Does it take a Plumber 2 weeks to find a leak and fix it ? or a machinic 2 weeks to change the oli on my car >?>>>>> I do not think so LUL stop being a white knight and wake up they are taking far too long to fix simple task's.....
You should get into programming, it seems to fall natural and easy for you. Looking at their "to do" list there is more than one leak. If you can't accept the fact the game is in EA, and bugs is what it is, maybe you should find something else to spend your time on?

You should get into programming, it seems to fall natural and easy for you. Looking at their "to do" list there is more than one leak. If you can't accept the fact the game is in EA, and bugs is what it is, maybe you should find something else to spend your time on?
There are litterally people who do not code on the forums who have fixed the issue for them selves.... what do you say to that ? are they coders now ? thats how hard it is people with no coding exp at allllllllll.. have fixed the issue on there own games. grow up kid...

There are litterally people who do not code on the forums who have fixed the issue for them selves.... what do you say to that ? are they coders now ? thats how hard it is people with no coding exp at allllllllll.. have fixed the issue on there own games. grow up kid...
Forum warrior throwing out insults, assuming age of people having no clue who on the other end. Seems you are the one that need some growing up.

Forum warrior throwing out insults, assuming age of people having no clue who on the other end. Seems you are the one that need some growing up.
Listen mister 500 iq Read the forums, use some of that big brain you have instead of trying to make arguments, that hold no merit at all...

Listen mister 500 iq Read the forums, use some of that big brain you have instead of trying to make arguments, that hold no merit at all...
Actually your right haha' I'm going to play the 'STABLE' version of the game that has no bugs and has been tested by the very professional QA team at tales worlds... Oh wait i cannot beacuse it has more game breaking bugs than the 'BETA' version of the game haHAA

Ok guys, the only "solution" i can find to at least make the game playable again with 0 knowledge of programming is enabling cheat mode, download a character editor mod+ skill editor mod, start/load a campaign, if theres 0 wanderers, spawn a wanderer by yourself and edit their appereance to your likes. It ruins the immersion but at least you can have wanderers again...

Ok guys, the only "solution" i can find to at least make the game playable again with 0 knowledge of programming is enabling cheat mode, download a character editor mod+ skill editor mod, start/load a campaign, if theres 0 wanderers, spawn a wanderer by yourself and edit their appereance to your likes. It ruins the immersion but at least you can have wanderers again...
That's a solution for sure.

That's a solution for sure.
Yeah this is what i've done as well. Worst part is I have death enabled, so every time my companions get killed I have to remake characters by hand as there are exactly 0 wanderers in my game. I somehow managed to get the Arzagos quest finished after a bunch of save scumming, but Istiana wouldn't appear no matter what I did. It's at least good that TW added the console commands so that we can sometimes deal with some of the bugs when they come up, but definitely still pretty painful.

A bit of info after some time: I had this bug about.... 200-300 days ingame. What happened was, when i got to the Encyclopedia Tab, to check notes on the heroes, I got a crash. When i re-opened the game, the wanderers were gone. unfortunatly i didnt report the crash (dumb me wanted to get back to game ASAP). So i think unless you check the notes about wanderers you SHOULD with a focus on should be fine. Basically the "wanderers dissapear" bug either causes or is caused by a game crash.

ALTHOUGH! When the Wanderers die in battle (hehehehe sorry 3 people that died) the new wandered appear. In game there has to be always 6-7 wanderers. cause thats how it stays after the crash/bug appears. So i presume TW screwed smth up, and they changed (accidentally) the number of wanderers back to Warband original number (someone remind me how much was it). So when the wanderers die, the new ones arrive at the scene. That would mean that the wanderers are SOMEWHERE in game, they just disapear and re-appear when needed

A bit of info after some time: I had this bug about.... 200-300 days ingame. What happened was, when i got to the Encyclopedia Tab, to check notes on the heroes, I got a crash. When i re-opened the game, the wanderers were gone. unfortunatly i didnt report the crash (dumb me wanted to get back to game ASAP). So i think unless you check the notes about wanderers you SHOULD with a focus on should be fine. Basically the "wanderers dissapear" bug either causes or is caused by a game crash.

ALTHOUGH! When the Wanderers die in battle (hehehehe sorry 3 people that died) the new wandered appear. In game there has to be always 6-7 wanderers. cause thats how it stays after the crash/bug appears. So i presume TW screwed smth up, and they changed (accidentally) the number of wanderers back to Warband original number (someone remind me how much was it). So when the wanderers die, the new ones arrive at the scene. That would mean that the wanderers are SOMEWHERE in game, they just disapear and re-appear when needed
Hey you've just reminded me that i had a similar circumstance. Let me know if any part of my story resembles yours.

I got the dragon banner quest, and talked to arzagos. He asked me to go to bandit camp nearby, i went and took them out but right when I finished the last bandits (maybe before the boss came out) my game crashed while attempting to load (either to the boss scene, or back to the map can't quite remember).

Ok so i relaunched the game to BEFORE i ever talked to Arzagos. When I finally get there, there was already a bandit camp visible in the EXACT same place that the pre-crash one was and.. Arzagos was nowhere to be seen. At that point I didn't check on istiana or wanderers for a while, so can't confirm that they disapeared around same crash.

Naaah. That wasnt it, as i totally ignore banner quest nowadays. But the crash was caused by the diossapearing wonderers, or it caused the wanderers to dissapear.

Back
Top Bottom