Resolved 1.5.8 beta - NPCs (wanderers/Arzagos/Istiana) disappear from game started on 1.5.7 - Save Game Breaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

redmark

Squire
Game started on 1.5.7 beta. After upgrading, on loading a new (1.5.8 ) save, some NPCs disappear, if you have not previously interacted with them. This includes main quest NPC's Istiana and Arzagos, and a significant number of wanderers.

1.5.7 save immediately before upgrading: 'pre158.sav'

Note Istiona the Healer in dropdown.

p74DB68.jpg

Istiana is in Epicrotea:
zKr5qS7.jpg

Two and half pages of wanderers - 1st page:
CIuTNLE.jpg

1.5.8 save (pre158.sav loaded in 1.5.8 and immediately saved - no game time passed): 'post.158'

Istiona the Healer no longer appears.

zvutalm.jpg

Istiana is not in Epicrotea (been there, checked main town screen, keep, tavern, streets, even her house - door can't be opened).

wVncBfK.jpg

A page full of wanderers have disappeared.

LNOxDBo.jpg

As far as I can remember, the 'surviving' wanderers are all ones I have seen in towns (including all 7 I had recruited), if that turns out to be relevant.

Last edited:
Game started on 1.5.7 beta. After upgrading, on loading a new (1.5.8 ) save, some NPCs disappear, if you have not previously interacted with them. This includes main quest NPC's Istiana and Arzagos, and a significant number of wanderers.

1.5.7 save immediately before upgrading: 'pre158.sav'

Note Istiona the Healer in dropdown.

p74DB68.jpg

Istiana is in Epicrotea:
zKr5qS7.jpg

Two and half pages of wanderers - 1st page:
CIuTNLE.jpg

1.5.8 save (pre158.sav loaded in 1.5.8 and immediately saved - no game time passed): 'post.158'

Istiona the Healer no longer appears.

zvutalm.jpg

Istiana is not in Epicrotea (been there, checked main town screen, keep, tavern, streets, even her house - door can't be opened).

wVncBfK.jpg

A page full of wanderers have disappeared.

LNOxDBo.jpg

As far as I can remember, the 'surviving' wanderers are all ones I have seen in towns (including all 7 I had recruited), if that turns out to be relevant.
It's happening if you start a new game in 1.5.8 as well.

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation.
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Last edited:
Save files already uploaded with thread URL in description (pre158.sav and post158.sav).

Last edited:
I tried searching with the URL, your username and the save file names but i was not able to find them. Can you upload them again? Maybe there was an issue with the system when you were uploading.

Confirmed still happening post 10/02 hotfix (I know, the hotfix notes didn't claim to have fixed it - just for info).

Looking at the names (and this is a different game from the OP), wanderers who have disappeared seem to be pretty random (except that those recruited don't disappear) - not depending on whether I've interacted with them before.

1.5.7 save:
Q0E6jFm.jpg

Loading into 1.5.8 hotfixed:
VxPIsq3.jpg

This is a bad glitch. I have three campaigns started in 1.5.8 and all of them have the wanderer problem.
I had this problem too and since the hotifx it was partially fixed in the sense of some of the wanderers were back but there was a lot less then normal still, are all of your still gone from the game?

I had this problem too and since the hotifx it was partially fixed in the sense of some of the wanderers were back but there was a lot less then normal still, are all of your still gone from the game?
Yes, I think I have like 8 wanders and only 4 I can actually get, the others say "NEVER SEEM BEFORE."

Only 7 wanderers in my game, and 4 of them in my party. The last one I recruited came with all his skills and attributes reset and had to be re-applied.

Happens in Beta 1.5.8 with all my saves, either ported 1.5.7 ones or new and fresh 1.5.8 campaign. Not able to reproduce how they go missing, but even heroes in my clan disappeared (left hero in Town to bolster relations) and a few days later, he was gone. Never found him again, no encyclopedia entry, my companion-slots went from 5/6 to 4/6 like he never existed...

Any news from this bug? i can deal with the other graphical bug which starts to fail-load some icons from the inventory, but i cant even play this game if my potential followers start to dissapear. At least make sure you can bring them all back after playing the game! because it would be a pain in the butt spending some hours on this game to find out you cant bring them back and start over again...

Back
Top Bottom