Resolved [1.5.8 beta] Created Clan party get's moved away from party and tries to engage enemies before joining army.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I received extra troops so I make a new part on the spot and add it to my army without moving, but the new party is away from my party, while moving towards them they ride by me and engage the enemy. I, the player, want them in my army 1st before I attack the enemy. I'm not okay with this, I think it's sloppy and needs to be changed so the party is exact where I am on the map when I make the party from my own members and immediately joins my army without being ABLE to try to engage anything.
Here is a .sav The Spice vendor party was just made but tries to attack enemies instead of joining my army, this cost me loss of troops even in the seconds to join the fight.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwiFwuBL6cZXzXbzwYCp-EkD9XLvPVzI/view?usp=sharing

I received extra troops so I make a new part on the spot and add it to my army without moving, but the new party is away from my party, while moving towards them they ride by me and engage the enemy. I, the player, want them in my army 1st before I attack the enemy. I'm not okay with this, I think it's sloppy and needs to be changed so the party is exact where I am on the map when I make the party from my own members and immediately joins my army without being ABLE to try to engage anything.
Here is a .sav The Spice vendor party was just made but tries to attack enemies instead of joining my army, this cost me loss of troops even in the seconds to join the fight.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwiFwuBL6cZXzXbzwYCp-EkD9XLvPVzI/view?usp=sharing
Thats a thing, that needs some rework. Because often you can use this behaviour to your advantage : When you want to chase an enemy party/army thats a little bit faster than your army you can disband one of your parties (the fastest one preferably) and take it back into the army right afterwards. If you are lucky, the party will show exactly the behaviour you described... and by doing so, involving the faster enemy into a battle which gives you the opportunity to catch up.

The problem is : You can bet, that at least in 50% of all situations the party does the exact opposite of what you want. If you want them to join you first, they will charge an enemy that doesn´t bother you at all and if you want them to charge an enemy that REALLY needs to get pinned, they will run back to mama.^^

I experimented a lot with this AI-behaviour and so far I just can say : It´s pretty random.

It would be nice if there was a possibility to give exact orders to parties that are allready enlisted in your army but still or temporarerly are split.

I've been told that this issue is not a bug but an intended choice. The AI party prioritizes to attack the enemy not joining the army. Because they believe they're the only one who can reach the enemy.

I've been told that this issue is not a bug but an intended choice. The AI party prioritizes to attack the enemy not joining the army. Because they believe they're the only one who can reach the enemy.
But often this behaviour is contra productive and exactly the opposite you need. Especially when there are more than one enemy parties nearby, the party rather chases a bunch of looters than going for the enemy that really matters.
It would be nice, if sooner or later there would be a possibility to give orders.

Momentarerly you can´t rely on what the concerning party will do. It´s seems random, although im quite sure it´s not random but theres some algorythm behind it, probably based on strength, speed, distance from each other etc... Often, it´s simply annoying. It even happens quite often, that the split party chases the "right" target but then, very shortly before catching it, suddenly decides to come back.

Taleworld mentioned being able to have more control over your parties in next patches, the most annoying things which it would be great to have control for:

1. chase/don't chase anyone - just join the army immediately once given the command.
2. reinforce (or not) our clan fiefs (contribute troops to garrison)
3. reinforce (or not) allied fiefs (contribute troops to garrison)
4. avoid combat/preserve troops
5. stay close/far from me/our fiefs.
6. attack bandits - yes/no
7. siege enemy fiefs - yes/no
8. do quests yes/no
9. recruit or not
10. recruit prisoners or not
11. upgrade and hire poisoners (yes/not)
12. sell prisoners at town (yes/not)
13. how much food to have (100/200/300...)
14. reinforce our fiefs only with low rank troops.
15. if allowed to take troops from our fiefs and at what level
16. focus on speed - be quick so can outrun enemies (yes/no)

Back
Top Bottom