1.5.7 Combat Speed Adjustability

Users who are viewing this thread

Crypex

Veteran
Peasants and Skirmishers:
With the new update, these two specific classes feel insanely fast. The athletics increase has also made these units play faster in terms of swinging and footwork.

Combat Speed and Heavy infantry:
Now I do feel that if heavy infantry were at that speed we will be able to experience faster more exciting games. I believe that maybe amping up the speed of heavy infantry to 81-83 will make inf fights faster. Now skirmishers are only fast due to the lack of armor so the speed bonus probably won't be as significant to heavy infantry. Another alternative is amping up the combat speed of skirmish. Having an adjustable combat speed option will help improve the game as it can separate the casual players from the more experienced players. I believe Warband had these options and competitive matchmaking was on the faster end of gameplay. I think having this introduced will lay a good foundation for future customizability for custom servers as well as give people a reason to go back to our Warband roots. This will also lay a good foundation for splitting ranked (Duel and Skirmish) to Casual(Duel and skirmish ).

I would personally love the idea of faster combat that increases the skill ceiling for the game.

Completely 100% disagree. Also last time I looked at decompiled code Athetics did not seem to play a role in swingspeed multiplier (Maybe they changed it?)

Warband forumula was: Slow movement + Fast Attacks / Blocks

Bannerlord formula is: Fast movement + Slower Attacks / (They fixed the block delay a bit)

IMHO what makes the game fun is slower movement while still being responsive including side to side and back movements. And faster attack / block response and swing speeds.

Problem is getting around the map needs to be a complete diffrent movement "Gear" than combat movement speed

Combat movement speed -> Slower
Running / Sprinting Speed -> Much Faster
Acceleration -> Progressive

With one exception, Id rather they make heavy infantry faster than the light infantry classes slower. Faster inf is also a soft nerf to archers and crossbows which would be a good thing overall. That one exception is the aserai skirmisher, who I think is able to accelerate much too aggressively at the moment. Other than that one class I think the light inf should be left at the speed they are right now.

I dont think anyone is asking for FREAKY fast inf. When people ask for faster heavy inf, its more a case of not wanting them to feel sluggishly annoying than wanting them to be as fast as the light inf.

I think 83 speed would be a little overboard. That is very fast for a unit with 40+ armor.

With one exception, Id rather they make heavy infantry faster than the light infantry classes slower. Faster inf is also a soft nerf to archers and crossbows which would be a good thing overall. That one exception is the aserai skirmisher, who I think is able to accelerate much too aggressively at the moment. Other than that one class I think the light inf should be left at the speed they are right now.

I dont think anyone is asking for FREAKY fast inf. When people ask for faster heavy inf, its more a case of not wanting them to feel sluggishly annoying than wanting them to be as fast as the light inf.

I think 83 speed would be a little overboard. That is very fast for a unit with 40+ armor.
Perfectly said, overall an 81-82 speed would be very good while 83 would make archers and cav melt in hand to hand combat. I do not know why but I think the movement speed amplifies swinging speed so in a way it makes combat way faster and more intense. In a way, it brings back memories from Warband. if speed is implemented maybe we can scale up the game speed overall for faster games. I think this might a very good step for a competitive bannerlord.

After the 1.5.7 update, the general combat and movement speed have been lowered. And I could feel it right away. It was feeling like slow-motion to fight. And I don't understand why, because you also block attacks slower. So it was not to help making it easier to block. In the patch notes it says they lowered it with 0.1....I think they should rise game speed again.

Completely 100% disagree. Also last time I looked at decompiled code Athetics did not seem to play a role in swingspeed multiplier (Maybe they changed it?)

Warband forumula was: Slow movement + Fast Attacks / Blocks

Bannerlord formula is: Fast movement + Slower Attacks / (They fixed the block delay a bit)

IMHO what makes the game fun is slower movement while still being responsive including side to side and back movements. And faster attack / block response and swing speeds.

Problem is getting around the map needs to be a complete diffrent movement "Gear" than combat movement speed

Combat movement speed -> Slower
Running / Sprinting Speed -> Much Faster
Acceleration -> Progressive
agree.
It's an online game. The character movement will be impacted by the network.
especially when your opponent makes a sharp turn.
Because of that, the faster the movement speed is, the unreliable combat is.

(on the other hand, 4 direction is less impacted. we can track the opponent's direction from the moment he raises his arm)

Plus devs slow down the turning rate.
Plus the block penalty of delay player. (ya, it's a penalty. Game hates delay ppl : ()
And the final blow: an unstable server + weird NA location.
No wondering NA has a poor population.

However, inf doesn't matter anyway... I guess it's the solution? just nerf inf, as long as no one uses it, all those problems are gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom