In Progress [1.5.7] Children inheriting culture solely from mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
Summary: Children in cross-culture marriages (i.e Khuzait father and Aserai mother) are only inheriting culture from their mothers. In previous versions, sons inherited culture from their fathers and daughters inherited from their mothers.
How to Reproduce: Find or set a cross-cultural marriage (factions don't matter) and observe that all children are of the mother's culture.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super with Max-Q Design
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6089
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz (16 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
RAM: 16 GB RAM
Motherboard: Spyder CMS V1.07
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): NVMe SAMSUNG MZVLB1T0

Last edited:
Definitely still an issue in 1.6

Father Sturgian, Mother Aserai
-gTUw.jpg

Is this still an issue in 1.6.4? I play on this branch but I think all children are born when on 1.6.2 or 1.6.3. I married my empirial little broher with a battanian girl and all their 8 mixed gender children are Battanian culture.

Is this still an issue in 1.6.4? I play on this branch but I think all children are born when on 1.6.2 or 1.6.3. I married my empirial little broher with a battanian girl and all their 8 mixed gender children are Battanian culture.
Yeah without exception they are the mother's culture only AFIK. I looked at about 10 clans that have mixed culture marriages in my 1.6.4 game and all match the mother.

Last edited:
Hey, unfortunately, my response will be the same as last time. The fix to this issue is still an ongoing process and will be implemented to the game as soon as possible.

Hey, unfortunately, my response will be the same as last time. The fix to this issue is still an ongoing process and will be implemented to the game as soon as possible.
In 1.7 version, is this problem fixed? Would you please try to solve this problem in the first hand.

Hey, the work on this issue is still an ongoing process by our team. I will update this post if there is an update by the devs. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Is there any chance that this will be fixed soon? This seems to be a bug that would relatively easy to fix (granted I have only a very limited knowledge of coding, so sry if this is just ignorance from my side).

Summary: Children in cross-culture marriages (i.e Khuzait father and Aserai mother) are only inheriting culture from their mothers. In previous versions, sons inherited culture from their fathers and daughters inherited from their mothers.
How to Reproduce: Find or set a cross-cultural marriage (factions don't matter) and observe that all children are of the mother's culture.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super with Max-Q Design
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6089
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz (16 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
RAM: 16 GB RAM
Motherboard: Spyder CMS V1.07
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): NVMe SAMSUNG MZVLB1T0
+1 - super annoying
need always to change npc cultures to make sure that main characters children have same culture then the main character -.-
additionally annoying when giving towns and castles to clans with a fitting culture (that the fief doesnt get owner and govenour debuff) but later they produce children with different culture and get the debuff again -.-

Lol.. I've figured by this time that its a "feature" :razz:
Tbh its never really bothered me as its usually easy enough to find a wife of the desired culture anyways(imo, yours may differ).
(now getting the right one in the barter for marriage to your clanmembers(brother/children etc) thats another story..)

Lol.. I've figured by this time that its a "feature" :razz:
Tbh its never really bothered me as its usually easy enough to find a wife of the desired culture anyways(imo, yours may differ).
(now getting the right one in the barter for marriage to your clanmembers(brother/children etc) thats another story..)
For the player it is (normally) not a problem to find a bride with the desired culture for the player's character or a relative. However, it is a problem for the AI. The AI regurarly does cross-culture marriages, which results in clans where the culture of the clan and the culture of the clan members themselves differ. These clans are then very likely to have the wrong governor culture penalty in their fiefs, because they use their clan members as governors. On a personal note, it also annoys me to see e.g. "Vlandian" clans, where all clan members are Aserai or Battanian. Or "Khuzait" clans which are primarily Vlandian ...

Those are usually defectors, which is a different thing.
No, I am talking about clans which are still part of their original kingdom, but whose male clan members married women from other kingdoms. The children from these cross-culture marriages inherit the culture from their mother and hence have a different a culture than their clan (a clan itself has a fixed culture, which you can see in the encylopedia). For example, let's say the (male) clan leader of the Vlanidan clan dey Fortes marries a Aserai woman, while the brother of the clan leader marries a Sturgian woman. The children of the clan leader will be Aserai, while his brother's will be Sturgian. Once the clan leader and his brother die and their children take over, the "Vlandian" clan dey Fortes will consist only of Aserai and Sturgian clan members.

Back
Top Bottom