In Progress [1.5.7] Children inheriting culture solely from mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Sorry for necroing, but is there still a plan to push this further than internal build? If so, maybe it would be great to consider actually to implement in a way of selecting the culture of children (for player).

Either way - This does not seem to be fixed in public version of Bannerlord.

@MArdA TaleWorlds Definitely not fixed. I am playing as Battanian female now, all my children are Battanians, though, the first spouse was an Imperial, and the second was Vlandian.

Also, this
Personally, my preferred solution would be that children always inherit the culture from their clan, but to also give the player the opportunity to educate the children of the player's clan in another culture, thereby changing their culture (maybe with the requirement that children can only be educated in a culture of their parents).
should be 100% implemented. Just another screen in the educational menu, saying something like "Having a child from a multicultural marriage, you decided to raise your children in accordance with traditions of: Battania/Vlandia (any other options).

@cuce well the fact that this is bug is understood. The question is on if there is any final decision on what is expected. I know that 4 month ago it was planned that children will take fathers nationality, while multiple were asking to give choice per children. It would be great if it would be possible to ask the wife to raise children in one of the 4 cultures (4th culture possible only in case if the current wife/father is step-parent).
* Fathers culture
* Mothers culture
* Player clan original culture
* Step-Mothers culture / Step-Fathers culture
Maybe giving this option till age of 10?

Last edited:
as long as this bug gets fixed. i dont feel the game is so playable when it comes to future generations with it going on. i also prefer thats its mother - daughter, father - son inheritance. that just seems to make more sense than making it random or father only. i mean it looks like what you intended in the first place? the sons dress up and fight like their father, while daughters dress up and fight like their mother, only right now both cultures come from mothers side

as long as this bug gets fixed. i dont feel the game is so playable when it comes to future generations with it going on. i also prefer thats its mother - daughter, father - son inheritance. that just seems to make more sense than making it random or father only. i mean it looks like what you intended in the first place? the sons dress up and fight like their father, while daughters dress up and fight like their mother, only right now both cultures come from mothers side
I feel as though it should be randomized or optional. If your spouse can give you up to 6-8 children then 4-5 could be the fathers culture and the rest the mothers or just make it 50/50. If you don't get the culture you wanted the first time reload the savepoint until you do. Twins could be split between mother/father culture, both the mothers culture or both the fathers culture.

When I looked it up everyone was saying (and some still are) that the children all took the mothers culture. Knowing this I married my brother to a khuzait , he has khuzaits kids but I marry an aserian I get a battanian kid every time. Im basically depending on my siblings children and their children to keep culture variance. While this doable it in a sense takes away from the play through to me, but I do understand both the original intention of why originally it was the mothers culture that was taken as well as why other players would prefer it to be father to son or mother to daughter as that has a more "organic" feel to it but I feel as though options give way to a better an thorough play through. In all honesty the children should be able to rule both cultures due to their parentage in my opinion but as they get older you can have them balanced to both cultures or have preference towards a specific one, but that may be getting to deep into it. Either way, optional, or 50/50 chance for either culture is fine by me. It would be easier for ME if it was that they take the females culture but whatever code your running for NPCs children for their culture should just be an option to choose from. Fathers culture, Mothers culture, or Random. Since originally the issue was it was constantly being the mothers culture, on my end its the fathers culture, and you already have the AI's randomized. Wouldn't that just be a better or easier workaround to just make that an option at the start of the gam to run the overall play-through?

Back
Top Bottom