Resolved [1.5.7] Another quest conflict (rare and not easy to reproduce)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

Hammerhi99

Veteran
The two conflicting quests are "Rival gang moves in" and "Prodigal son" and the issue happens only, when the Leader of the gang you have to attack and the hostage-taker are the same person.

I allready got the call for support from the "Rival gang moves in" questgiver (so the waiting period was over) but i first visited the hosatge-taker and tried to intimidate him to let the hostage free. I failed though and because i didn´t wan´t to pay the ransom i quoted Arnie and tell him I´ll be back.

Then i continued the "Rival gang" quest and when the two gangs march toward each other in the streets, the rival gangleader normally tries to buy you over. But instead he referred to my earlier "I´ll be back" and asked for the ransom again. I still refused to pay and then the game stuck... no more dialoge options, no fight, no way to leave the spot or abort the scene in any way.

I had to leave the game via taskmanager. Reloaded and tried the quests in reverse order without problems.

I was lucky, I found the save.

By the time the game was saved, I allready tried (and failed) to intimidate the hostage-taker "Camnon the Spider" (Prodigal son-quest). When you now proceed with the "Rival gang moves in" quest (just talk to "Leadfoot Caribos") you will end up in this scene :

kqnvy6yk.jpg

As you can see, it´s not the normal dialogue where the rivaling gangleader tries to buy you over at the very last moment. He refers to the ransom for the other quest, instead.
When you refuse to pay, however, you´ll be stuck in this scene like described above. Maybe you´ll even stuck if you pay, didn´t try that yet.

Edit : OK, just tested the other option. You´ll get stuck the same way, even if you pay.

Leaving via Taskmanager isn´t necessary though. You can still go back to the main menu. Didn´t realize that earlier.

Last edited:
I have had a conflict happen with "Caravan Ambush" and the "hunting down brigand parties" quests where the ambush party gets pulled towards the village and the caravan moves past. Did not bother reporting since you can still hunt down the ambush party but did not check what would happen if I didn't and the caravan reaches its destination without being attacked. It seems when adding new quests, potential conflicts do not get considered as the focus seems to be catching the bugs directly affecting the new quest itself.

This was in 1.5.8 beta btw.

@Hammerhi99 Unfortunately, i can't view the image you have linked. Can you upload it to somewhere else?
Also, can you send your save file to us? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
@BulletTrain Can you also please send us your save file?

@Hammerhi99 Unfortunately, i can't view the image you have linked. Can you upload it to somewhere else?
Also, can you send your save file to us? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
@BulletTrain Can you also please send us your save file?

So it happened again interestingly and this time caravan did reach the destination which caused a CTD. File already uploaded with the requested description details:

2021-03-04_18.45.54_f571203e5c2dee609f7ead28aa9e46e2

Back
Top Bottom