Resolved [1.5.6] Village and Town issues generate too fast - impossible to maintain city security and loyalty

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.6
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
So I am aware that the fact that governor culture and owner culture affect the difficulty of maintaining a stable city, meaning it will be -and should be- harder as a foreigner to manage an imperial city for example, but even after making necessary upgrades and buildings and finding good governors, the "bound village issues" and "bound settlement issues" in the case of a city with 3 villages becomes impossible.

I have been running around villages to get security and -consequently- loyalty higher but the moment I finish one quest another one or SOMETIMES TWO pops up. That's slightly frustrating. I realised I had been chasing after endless village quests (which actually repeat a lot by the way) and not playing the game at all. Like, I don't have time to gather troops, travel, fight, etc. I literally have to continously do repeating quests.

Pumping garrison doesn't help enough also, I tried that. The troops (both number AND level wise) should effect the security or loyalty of a city MUCH MORE I would argue, looking at the scale of things - if some farmer not being able to get his 32 cows to Poros a big deal for the security and loyalty of a city (a "-1") then 250-ish khuzait darkhan garrison should be a solid "(+3)"

Since you introduced rebellions and a more detailed loyalty calculations, I don't think it makes sense not to have any "fear" mechanics going with those. A ruler should be able to opress a people and intimidate them, rather than having to perform random tasks and act like jesus to get people to be loyal. But anyways that was just a suggestion the real issue is that the missions just keep generating endlessly and I am about to shoot myself.

Last edited:
yeh same, i have 2 cities and all im doing in with my time is trying to get security and loyalty up which get mayorly decreased by these issues. if i have completed one quest in one settlement the other has a new one and it keeps going and going and i cant keep up and my towns prosperity is degrading by the day. my next move is to let it decay, remove my troops so it gets captured and than i can get a new prosperous town. i just feel like this is not how it is supposes to be played :sad:

and on a similar note, the amount of quests in the city and bound towns affect wether the town prosperity goes up or down, I find that even when i dedicate full time to try and bring my town into mega prosperity that Im fighting an uphill battle just to get my +3 prosperity, only for it to come sliding back down to -1/-2 the next day. I do think that town prosperity should go up with quests, and having a reward for focusing on town and bound village quests makes sense, but in the games current version i feel like even if you spend 100% your time on quests in your towns and villages that increasing prosperity is almost impossible.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Same, feels like it's the only thing I'm doing. Not very good when you're a relativly newborn leader who needs to be on the top of your game to be able to succeed and you don't have an army of clans following you right away.

Uploaded the save I had this issue with. However also I noticed the issue is slowly fading away, it i much better now that I did a load of quests for several hours straight.

I'd argue some form of a "tick" dictates how and when a mission is generated, and it keeps ticking no matter if the village has an active quest available or not, consequently stacking up quests behind the unresolved quest and therefore spawning the new quests immediately after the completion of a quest. (the new quest doesn't come from the exact same village but from another village connected to the same town, so I assume the quest system is centered on the town and distributed to surrounding villages and not particular to every individual village, if I make sense) I took the town in kind of an middle-late period of the game so I think the amount of quests I did could very well be equal to the amount of quests that would have naturally come up from the start year of the game to where I am now. I am no expert though you guys would know better.

We are marking this thread as resolved as the requested information has not been provided. Please let us know if the issue is persistent.

Back
Top Bottom