Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Hammerhi99

Veteran
I allways used beating up gang thugs to skill me and my companions in two hander skill. But suddenly the thugs don´t heal up over time any more. They stay wounded and after some time several gangs have only wounded members.

Also, sometimes one of the gang spots isn´t controlled by any gang (most often the "clearing") and another spot (most often the "waterfront") is listed twice when you check the gangleaders.

I know that the whole "gang leader-thing" is not yet fully implemented, but formerly it worked fine for me, when visiting a town, to give each of the gangs a short "visit" with my companions, beat them up and pull back. In total it was a plus in relation with each of the gangs (because the relation gain for beating up a rival gang is higher than the relation loss with the gang that is attacked by me) and on top i could gain some practice in two hander skill. But atm with this method, i cripple each gang in the shortest time and they stay forever like this.

I currently use only one mod ("Character Reload") and i just wonder if anybody who doesn´t use any mods at all also noticed this issues.

Can you try to reproduce these issues on the latest live version (1.5.7) of the game?
I will try this in the next days.

Forgot to mention another issue :

If a gang leader is in control of more than one spot (lets say he controls Backstreet and Clearing) and you attack the thugs in the Backstreet, you gain AND lose relation with the gang leader at the same time. You get the malus in relation for the Backstreet but at the same time get a (slightly higher) bonus for the Clearing. This is even more distinctive when a gang leader controls all three gang spots, because then you gain relation even twice and lose only once.

Was this related to the Alley Fight or the Rival Gang Quest?

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Was this related to the Alley Fight or the Rival Gang Quest?

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
It´s related to the alley fight with thugs that you start by provoking them via dialogue. But I pull back after the first fight and don´t wait for them to reinforce.
And then the gangs stay in the crippled condition forever.

Save file was sent in.

Can you capture a video of this issue? QA was not able to understand the issue here properly, sadly.
Are you serious?

Look : In every town there are up to three notables that are gangleaders. Those gangs control one of three spots that can be find in every town : The Waterfront, the Clearing and the Backstreet. When you are visiting a city and you mouseover the portraits of the gangleader-notables you may read for example "Owner of the Waterfront ( 8 )". The number in brackets says how many thugs the leader has in his gang. So far so good?

Now, when you take a walk through the town you can visit each of this 3 spots. You can gather your companions and march to the Waterfront for example. There is no quest involved in this. The thugs are staying around in the area and you can talk to them. You can provoke them by a dialogue option and then a short fight starts. When you knocked all the thugs out, the game asks you whether you want to leave the area for good or if you want to wait until the gang you attacked will reinforce and come back on you.
Since I once chose the second option, I hardly ever did that again because the outcome is just not worth the time you have to wait, until the whole gang comes to fight you. You will get some loot if you win (some spices mostly) but you will have to wait up to 3 days (!) while you can do NOTHING ELSE. So it´s pretty senseless, but thats another story.
So I allways choose option one, I pull back. My outcome is a reputation-loss with the gangleader-notable I attacked BUT an (even higher) reputation-gain with the rival gangleader-notable(s) in the same town PLUS some skill points in weapons skills and athletics for me and my companions (just to explain WHY i do this whole thing).

When you now mouseover the gangleader-portrait again, you see that some of the thugs are counted as wounded. That makes sence, because you gave them a pretty beating.

But NOW comes the problem : They STAY wounded. No matter how long you wait and no matter how many days, weeks or years you wander through Calradia. And when you are consistently beating up gangs in every town you visit (like I do) long enough, there won´t be any gang with full, healthy menpower left. They are all reduced in numbers and they do never recover. This might even come to a point when occasional gangs have only wounded thugs left. As a result of this, you won´t be even able to attack them anymore because there are no thugs in the streets you can provoke.^^

I´m not to a hunderd percent sure but i think in earlier patches the gangs DID recover after some time. In theory, beating up gangs the way I do, was repeatable as often as I liked. Now it ain´t anymore.

I hope this helped

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom