Resolved 1.5.6 performance big lag on saving game, autosaves when leaving settlement etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Can you switch to the telemetry build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.

Can you switch to the telemetry build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.

severe lag delay when saving (also occurs while autosaves, for example, when leaving settlement after some actions)... This also occurs in inventory, taking prisoners, loot etc.
Also, i tried a long capture (about 4gb) - but it resets everytime i try to upload. I will keep it, it may be useful. Let me know if there is a way to upload it, otherwise I will delete the 2nd capture (i uploaded a short one)

FXAA
Medium
Off
Very High
on
Full-screen
Low
medium
on
Low
None
High
High
2560x1440
Off
Medium
None
Medium
Static Only
Off
Off
Low
On
Anisotropic 16X
Medium
Very High
High

PC Specs:
I7 3770k (sometimes running OC to 4.3GHZ, at the moment of recording; stock).
16 GB DDR3, 1866mhz
PA-Z77-V-PRO
Win 10 64 Bit
Kingston SH103S3240G SSD
1060 6GB (sometimes running OC, 500+mhz memory, 125+~ core clock, at the moment of recording; stock)

Last edited:

severe lag delay when saving (also occurs while autosaves, for example, when leaving settlement after some actions)... This also occurs in inventory, taking prisoners, loot etc.

FXAA
Medium
Off
Very High
on
Full-screen
Low
medium
on
Low
None
High
High
2560x1440
Off
Medium
None
Medium
Static Only
Off
Off
Low
On
Anisotropic 16X
Medium
Very High
High

PC Specs:
I7 3770k (sometimes running OC to 4.3GHZ, at the moment of recording; stock).
16 GB DDR3, 1866mhz
PA-Z77-V-PRO
Win 10 64 Bit
Kingston SH103S3240G SSD
1060 6GB (sometimes running OC, 500+mhz memory, 125+~ core clock, at the moment of recording; stock)
did you verify game files on steam, that fixed it for me

The lag is related to the memory leak bug introduced in 1.5.6. From the initial 1.5GB memory usage the game crawls up slowly to 3-4GB about half an hour of play.

The only side effect I saw about this is the slower save time and slower inventory open time. Just exiting to the main menu and reloading the game helps most of the time, though from time to time I used to restart the whole game.

Got the file, thanks!
We are also working towards a fix for the memory leaks. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Thanks.

Also, there is another bug I discovered, when in Varnavopol or Sibir (probably other towns, I dont own others though), when I try to get my 'stash', and take any items (or even dont take), it says everything will discard, so I must cancel (instead of clicking done which brings up the discard prompt...)
I dont know what to make of it.

Thank you for letting me know about the files. I look forward to the fixes!

Back
Top Bottom