1.5.6 Patch, Whats Next for Skirmish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pikes are strong but probably the hardest weapon to use in the game, and certainly not OP. They're finally in a decent spot if you ask me, and are still easily countered by any infantry.
They were already good enough before the spear/pike buff I'm not sure why a further damage buff was needed.
All 2 handed thrusting weapons have damage start too early in the animation tbh.
Well without even "stabbing", said weapons shouldn't deal 50 damage each hit. Imo the sweet spot shouldn't be at the start it should be in the middle. This goes the same for lances as well, lances still deal full damage even if the animation is nearly finished and the character is not thrusting it anymore.

the pike is the better cav counter and it's usefull

The hit is thrown faster than that of the rider, has more length, can block and do monstrous damage to any rider, heavy or light. to add to this the unpredictable character of the famous "X" which allows to block a cav in an instant

Yes it's a great weapon

Well, I am not going to lie, from the moment that, in your team, you have an elite archer, the pike player will have a lot of problems even if he switch with a shield, but without that, it's a very powerful and useful weapon against the cav

the pike is the better cav counter and it's usefull

The hit is thrown faster than that of the rider, has more length, can block and do monstrous damage to any rider, heavy or light. to add to this the unpredictable character of the famous "X" which allows to block a cav in an instant

Yes it's a great weapon

Well, I am not going to lie, from the moment that, in your team, you have an elite archer, the pike player will have a lot of problems even if he switch with a shield, but without that, it's a very powerful and useful weapon against the cav
I know I don't have a problem with pikes being good against cav (duh), it's just against infantry they perform exceptionally well and it does damage without the need of ranging yourself that much, like cmon that pike is 240ish reach and performs better than spears in terms of handling atm.

Pikes can actually deal good dmg to people on foot. Most classes that get it have fast speed. Kinda like a mini-cav. So you could be able to stab and then run away from shield inf and 2 handers. What remains to be seen if it is useful when archers are on the field.

Pikes can actually deal good dmg to people on foot. Most classes that get it have fast speed. Kinda like a mini-cav. So you could be able to stab and then run away from shield inf and 2 handers. What remains to be seen if it is useful when archers are on the field.
Those insane pike buffs made it a playable weapon. It actually feels like you are a threat to cav when holding it.

I know I don't have a problem with pikes being good against cav (duh), it's just against infantry they perform exceptionally well and it does damage without the need of ranging yourself that much, like cmon that pike is 240ish reach and performs better than spears in terms of handling atm.
Yes, it is a really powerful weapon and its only weakness is the fact that the player has no shield and the risk of making "pocks"

Back
Top Bottom