Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

c77

Recruit
There seems to be a noble dying every battle I play in (I usually dont simulate these). Out of 4 battles so far, each one had nobles die on the opposing faction (I have won all so idk if it applies to our own).

Is there a way to turn deaths off in-game? I dont see it, unless it was at the very start if character selection.

It wouldn't be as big of a deal if kids actually spawned into the world at 18 and had skills as well..... they are never to be found

Last edited:
Played a few more battles, literally had 4-5 nobles on the other side die in each of the 2 army battles I did today (so 10 nobles in total). Pretty busted

I had this same experience though, but of late its become more rare.
I just had to restort to auto-calc combats in most cases or the amount of lords dying was as you say upwards of 4.

I think I read that the % is 10 and thats most likely if its the case too high, should be down to 1-5% so its very rare that a named character dies in battle.

I wonder what is your medic skill, for me it sort of seemed to stop/be less frequent(still happends mind you, but like 1 pr battle and then its very very rare).
I think when I got my medic skill to about 30'ish it dropped sharply.
+ I also have a "healer" in the party, but not assigned to be the "surgeon" in the party menu.

Overall though, I think they should have kept birth and death seperated like it was in previous, and not merged it like this.

So yah try doing more battles, and just "waste" troops so your medic skill improve etc.
Heal in cities to boost the skill after battles.(I think thats how it works?).
Get a dedicated healer in the party.
Followers was also dying like flies in my play, I gave'em bow/crossbow's and assigned them to be archers(havent lost one yet, whereas previous when they where Infantry they would typically be the only dead in my party after combat..)

Have you checked "Enable Death" option when you started your campaign?
Yes, it’s enabled. I just feel like nobles die too frequently. The children not spawning and not having skills at 18 make the issue worse.

please make birth and death separate from each other.

Please consider this:

Nobles are dying only in Battles that you as a player take part in. That means all other factions nobles will only be endangered of natural cause death. In other words: Your own faction is always at risk to lose nobles to death in battle, and the enemy faction you are currently fighting.

The end result would be, that your own faction thins out in Nobles and the ones that you have no contact with have all Lords still active.

I like the idea in general but it is hardcore mode. Either apply it with a ultra low risk (like catching sickness) for all battles, even npc vs npc, or moving the "enable death" option and divide it in the following:

Enable birth / dying of age
Enable companion death
Enable noble death in battle (Applies to al battles)

So every player can decide which risk to take.

Please consider this:

Nobles are dying only in Battles that you as a player take part in. That means all other factions nobles will only be endangered of natural cause death. In other words: Your own faction is always at risk to lose nobles to death in battle, and the enemy faction you are currently fighting.

The end result would be, that your own faction thins out in Nobles and the ones that you have no contact with have all Lords still active.

I like the idea in general but it is hardcore mode. Either apply it with a ultra low risk (like catching sickness) for all battles, even npc vs npc, or moving the "enable death" option and divide it in the following:

Enable birth / dying of age
Enable companion death
Enable noble death in battle (Applies to al battles)

So every player can decide which risk to take.

Hear hear

Back
Top Bottom