1.5.5 new vlandian meta

Users who are viewing this thread

soul_jak

Sergeant at Arms
Arbalest
Damage increased from 95 to 100

CS:GO

hopped on tdm for testing and nothing but one shot one kill I do see a problem here

Maybe read the entire patch notes, this change was reverted. It still is 95, there is no change in damage only in how (x)bows work.
Umm I did read the whole thing, this was copied from the patch notes. If they changed it then great

Arbalest damage is still 95.
It was increased in the initial 1.5.5 Beta but then the change got reverted after testing in the beta with the players.

These crossbows rn are strong as **** and the fact they are permanently able to fire accurately is not only annoying, it will also promote close combat trickshots and kickshots. I for once can just express frustration about this. It's annoying.

Devs trying to be reallistic with xbows making them aim easier doing more dmg,now make them 20-30secs to reload to ballance them and we're done!!!

Devs trying to be reallistic with xbows making them aim easier doing more dmg,now make them 20-30secs to reload to ballance them and we're done!!!
As I mentioned in the other thread, making the reload longer is the initial approach we are going to take if they end up to be too strong with no other counter play.

As I mentioned in the other thread, making the reload longer is the initial approach we are going to take if they end up to be too strong with no other counter play.
Crossbow damage and accuracy is ok imo and does make sense as they were made for these reasons but they should reload much slower, only solid counter is maybe archers that have very good accuracy or a dedicated infantry that will always push for it but either one of the enemy will follow him or this will leave the team -1 in melee which = loss most of the time. Cavalry can the counter for crossbows but crossbows are just too accurate and deals a LOT of damage to horses with potential to one shot most of them. If he misses or you survive the shot cav can actually kill the crossbow via bump-slash but to do that your horse needs to be alive lol, if there is a double crossbow on the other side than rip that single cav it will get shredded to pieces.
Maybe the crossbow damage can be tuned down a little bit and reload time increased by like 5 seconds, it required strength to pull that horse hair string after all :grin:.
So crossbows have technically have counters but these won't work as expected every match(like single cav vs 2 xbow or single archer vs 2xbows).

There's one thing that its not fun even if its ''balanced'' and has ''counters'' and that is oneshotting.So if you ballance everything towards oneshotting it may seem ballanced but it aint fun.Sp isnt fun cuz of that and mp too has turned into spamming 2H and shooting cuz of 1shotting.Dont get me wrong im new to this game and i really love it but thats the feeling i get while i play it.My 2cents.

Wasnt it already a Vlandia meta ? Wtf is the justification behind boosting crossbows ? They were already super strong. Why do Taleworlds keep shuffling the cards over and over and over again when the real issue is that they need to release full MP server customization allowing 100% of the community to ditch this god forsaken Class-system ?

Crossbows got nerfed as well, they have a little window where they are not totally accurate, they are worse then before only slightly tough. Some people here sound like the xbows got buffed or something.

There's one thing that its not fun even if its ''balanced'' and has ''counters'' and that is oneshotting.So if you ballance everything towards oneshotting it may seem ballanced but it aint fun.Sp isnt fun cuz of that and mp too has turned into spamming 2H and shooting cuz of 1shotting.Dont get me wrong im new to this game and i really love it but thats the feeling i get while i play it.My 2cents.
Agreed I find the speed multiplier to be kinda of broken and apart of the issue. 95dmg plus any sort of speed movement in the direction of the bolt is a one shot. This can apply to two handlers too I guess.

Crossbows can keep their oneshot, but sheathing should reset the reload.

This is a brilliant idea and would fix the biggest problem. Once a crossbow is loaded (which is not that large of a roadblock on many maps where the crossbow man has plenty of cover to hide behind) they are an upgrade to bows in every possible way. Forcing crossbowmen to completely reload the crossbow every time they take out their melee would mean there is an actual upside to pushing them with infantry instead of the current situation where the Crossbowman can whip out his boomstick extremely fast and 1shot the inf that’s in his grill.

Back
Top Bottom